Prediction Changes V Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don’t expect wholesale changes after a convincing win.

Most obvious change is dumont to make way for Bergman.

Pasini has been pushing for selection all year, if he has another good game tomorrow his hand is well and truly up to be considered if Alir isn’t right. And we should not be risking Alir if he isn’t right.

Out: Dumont, Gray
In: Bergman, Williams

Think it's in our best interest to get Jones into the side but can't see anyone who he could replace. Maybe drop Motlop and then shift some players around.

I don’t expect wholesale changes after a convincing win.

Most obvious change is dumont to make way for Bergman.

Pasini has been pushing for selection all year, if he has another good game tomorrow his hand is well and truly up to be considered if Alir isn’t right. And we should not be risking Alir if he isn’t right.

I'd play Pasini over Jonas tbh.

Don't know what the point of Dumont is, bring Bergman or Duursma in for him

Out:Gray(injured), Aliir(injured, Dumont(Omitted)
In: Bergman, McKenzie if fit, Jones

OUT: Dumont Gray Motlop
IN: Bergman Williams Jones
SUB: Mayes or Motlop

How far away are Dixon, McKenzie and Duursma?
Heard Dixon say yesterday he’d used the G to run with 80% of his body weight. This week he hits the track running on full body weight. Maybe following week full training.

Dumont for Bergman is obvious. Jones for Gray if Gray is unavailable, or Motlop is Gray is available. I don't hate Jones in that pressure forward role, he is one of the few 'pressure forwards' who's actually big and quick enough to put on some real pressure as opposed to just buzzing around not really affecting anything.

I'd play Pasini over Jonas tbh.

Don't know what the point of Dumont is, bring Bergman or Duursma in for him
I would love for pasini to come in for Jonas, not because Jonas has been horrible (he hasn’t) but because pasini has been very good in the sanfl, is young, and Jonas while not bad hasn’t been great either.

But there’s just no way it would happen. Jonas would have to be absolutely s**t, for a month, then drop a turd on hinkleys desk, then sign a petition against greyhound racing to get dropped I reckon. And I just don’t see him signing a petition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love for pasini to come in for Jonas, not because Jonas has been horrible (he hasn’t) but because pasini has been very good in the sanfl, is young, and Jonas while not bad hasn’t been great either.

But there’s just no way it would happen. Jonas would have to be absolutely s**t, for a month, then drop a turd on hinkleys desk, then sign a petition against greyhound racing to get dropped I reckon. And I just don’t see him signing a petition.

Jonas has been horrible. Absolute park footballer.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jonas has been horrible. Absolute park footballer.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think he’s been a bit of a plodder this year. Has done alright defensively most times, but gee can players get away from him easily.

I think he’s well down on contested marks and intercepts, and just doing the bare minimum without being s**t.

I also think all our tall defenders have been pretty s**t this year. It’s been propped up by guys like burton and Houston chopping off in front of them. Our smalls and mediums have protected them.

We need to get some games into pasini this year cause I think it’s the beginning of the end for Jonas and McKenzie. And we need to address our tall defenders stocks in the draft.

Dumont for Bergman is obvious. Jones for Gray if Gray is unavailable, or Motlop is Gray is available. I don't hate Jones in that pressure forward role, he is one of the few 'pressure forwards' who's actually big and quick enough to put on some real pressure as opposed to just buzzing around not really affecting anything.
Agree...I like Jones forward.

Dumont didn’t do much wrong, few here being harsh on him.

Jones out for Bergman. Badly needs to clean up his disposal.

If Gray is out (inj) Williams in. Especially if he repeats his effort from last week tomorrow.
I also thought Dumont was ok, does lot of the hard inside stuff. Guys like him and Drew dont get much luv, too much focus on the flash and not the substance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back