Prediction Changes V Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

In: Jones (full time role rather than sub), Duursma, Bergman to sub
Out: Gray, Dumont

I don't see what Dumont offers to warrant getting a game ahead of Duursma. Assuming Gray is injured, move Jones into the deep pressure forward role and see what havoc he can muster.

Jonas couldn't stand with a straight leg during the minute silence. It has to be impacting him on the field. We should rest him if Allir can come up
May as well try Passini to see if we have something there.

If Gray is out, I think we will probs move Farrell to the small forward role even though he is better higher up the ground and put Bergman in the midfield.

I don't see what Dumont offers to warrant getting a game ahead of Duursma.
Duursma's been injured and missed a bit of footy, if he's fit and firing, he'll be back in the AFL side soon.

Out: Dumont, Gray
In: Bergman, Williams

Think it's in our best interest to get Jones into the side but can't see anyone who he could replace. Maybe drop Motlop and then shift some players around.

Motlop was tough tonight, in everything, and I don't care what the stats show.

Edit: I see some here don't agree with me.

Last edited:
What I don't like is Todd doing Ruck work in the forward line. He's not a Ruck he should be forward of or behind the stoppage.

Our structure will look better with 2 Rucks if Hayes is not getting to every stoppage and we are holding the ball inside 50.

Eventually I think the Dante/Hayes combo will work brilliantly and I'd be looking for any excuse to get a couple of games into Dante this year just to give him a taste of it.

Been very wet in Cairns with more heavy rain expected this week . No idea what the ground will be like. The humidity will be worse than Brissy but that will impact both teams.
Might not be any changes to the team . Maybe Robbie out for Bergman if his knee flares up.

Nobody suggesting Sinn? Have I missed something or do people just think he isn't ready.

Feels like our younger players are really stepping up so would like to keep that going... getting Miles and Sinn in if possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There will be a lot of ground ball for this one because of the conditions. On that basis I'm not leaving out Gray unless injured.

Blokes like Wines and Pep will be important and for the same reason so will Jones. Hard body that runs through the line of the ball.

If Duursma plays well in Sanfl I like to see him back in, probably as the sub.

I'm dropping Mots even though his game wasn't terrible, though his season has been sub-par and both Duursma and Bergman offer more versatility.

In: Duursma, Bergman
Out: Dumont, Motlop

Be interesting to see what Ken does with Amon given the opposition.

We recruited Dumont as a backup type player. He deserves credit for coming into the side and playing solid football. Goes in hard and does the basics well.

He sits outside our best 22 but I can see why we recruited him. He’s a dependable backup player

I forgot this game is going to be played in monsoonal, heavy conditions in Cairns. Given that fact Dumont and Motlop may actually be better options if it's going to be a slog. Certainly I cant see Williams lasting very long in 30 degree 90 % humidity conditions.

Football shouldn't be played in Cairns.

We recruited Dumont as a backup type player. He deserves credit for coming into the side and playing solid football. Goes in hard and does the basics well.

He sits outside our best 22 but I can see why we recruited him. He’s a dependable backup player
Agree with this. But if guys like Bergman and Jones are available, they shouldn't be stuck in the SANFL behind a 'dependable backup player'. I'm completely fine playing Dumont if and when we don't have better options who are fit and in form, but if Bergman is available next week, that won't be the case.

Take the 22 fittest blokes up there. Wear gloves

Y
Agree with this. But if guys like Bergman and Jones are available, they shouldn't be stuck in the SANFL behind a 'dependable backup player'. I'm completely fine playing Dumont if and when we don't have better options who are fit and in form, but if Bergman is available next week, that won't be the case.
Yeah, Bergman is a better player and Jones has the makings of a good AFL player. Still a bit raw but you can see the potential

Remove this Banner Ad

Back