Prediction Changes V Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd play Pasini over Jonas tbh.

Even old mate said when Q'd about dropping Amon and not others with worse form said there are changes you can and can't make.

Was he dog whistling the captain? Seriously it's getting time for Ugg Boots to call it quits after this year. If not then relinquish #1 so we can

make his selection merit based. Yesterday he wasn't bad but we need to move on. Getting a bit undisciplined lately and it's costing us.

Last edited:
Agree with this. But if guys like Bergman and Jones are available, they shouldn't be stuck in the SANFL behind a 'dependable backup player'. I'm completely fine playing Dumont if and when we don't have better options who are fit and in form, but if Bergman is available next week, that won't be the case.
Motlop and Dumont aren't best 22 - nor best 26 if you incl 4 emergencies.
Both probably in the 27 to 33 group.
Ok if we have lots of injuries, otherwise play the kids instead.

This game is pretty well go in unchanged. Bar Gray, Jonas or Aliir not getting up.

I would prefer Duursma, Bergmann, Mead or Sinn to Dumont or Motlop, and it would be good to give Pasini some games. But we also need to get some structure, some confidence and momentum back. I guarantee that our young players get better experience with senior players around them. It’s much harder for say Sinn, to understand where he needs to be, how he needs to play and what he needs to do, if you have Pasini or mead delivering to him and lord leading up for a mark.

Even when fit, he needs to find form and touch at SANFL level. Except for the internal trial, the little footy he’s played this year hasn’t looked polished or up to what’s needed for our AFL side.
For sure, I guess I'm just thinking that if this year is a write-off, and it certainly looks that way, that it could be worth getting games in to the guy that we sold the farm for as soon as he is ready. Certainly would much prefer to walk out of this year with a top 5 pick, a new coach and 10+ games in to Josh Sinn than finish 8th and lose an elimination final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't see any standouts in the twos today. Pasini continues his solid form, Lord should one day be a Charlie replacement (but not in the near future), Duurs was energetic but still under a shoulder injury cloud. Mead serviceable without starring, Mayes well beaten, Jones a bit hit and miss (although he did try to get involved, it's possible he struggled with the difference in ability of his team mates at this level) and Skinner I just don't understand.

I'd like Bergman back but watching the replay I don't think Dumont did much wrong yesterday. I can't see Motlop being dropped until possibly when Fantasia returns. If Bergman is still sick, then no change (Jones in, Dumont sub). Duurs can have a full game in the Maggies without issue before coming in. I hope we don't rush Charlie back too early.

I'm going against the majority here and cutting Motlop a bit of slack, he is playing in a difficult campaigner of a role, one that Travis Boak struggled at, and with better kicking would have scored at least 3 or 4 goals that would have made a big difference to the score line of at least two of our losing games, and if the forward line continues to get the service it did last night I'm confident he will have some multiple goal returns.

If not, then absolutely he should get the royal order of the rissole!

Didn't see any standouts in the twos today. Pasini continues his solid form, Lord should one day be a Charlie replacement (but not in the near future), Duurs was energetic but still under a shoulder injury cloud. Mead serviceable without starring, Mayes well beaten, Jones a bit hit and miss (although he did try to get involved, it's possible he struggled with the difference in ability of his team mates at this level) and Skinner I just don't understand.

I'd like Bergman back but watching the replay I don't think Dumont did much wrong yesterday. I can't see Motlop being dropped until possibly when Fantasia returns. If Bergman is still sick, then no change (Jones in, Dumont sub). Duurs can have a full game in the Maggies without issue before coming in. I hope we don't rush Charlie back too early.

Pretty sure it was not his shoulder. Got a blatant elbow in the throat and looked like he couldn’t breathe.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Passini must play afl this week. Give Allir a chance to fully recover.
Duursma to play one more week in sanfl (and avoid gwtting an injury in Cairns)
Bergman to return if well enough.

Passini must play afl this week. Give Allir a chance to fully recover.

We need AA on King. Don't know why it was necessary to bring him back for the West Coast game maybe Old Mate's extension into 2023

has a final's clause proviso and he's aiming to fall over the line into 8th place this year... and hey what's not to like about that.

We might even win the EF by being eliminated.

Froggy is decent, doesn't get beaten in the contest too often. I'd keep him in.

Yep the conditions might suit him, speaking of which does Jones get a guernsey this week. He's fit enough and in slippery conditions his freight train

approach and trademark fumbles will blend in nicely. If we can scrag them down to our level we're half a chance. Seeing Melb v Richmond

last night was like watching a cat play with a mouse. We're miles off.

Willsy10 Dumont

Last edited:
Jones got to understand that not everything has to be done at a 100 miles per hour, hes just to manic and needs to learn how to adjust his tempo.

He strikes me as still a bit overawed, naive even. This is where the coaching staff need to tell him mate your good enough we believe in you

there's no need to panic just back yourself and play your role. Classic modern day mid-fielder's build. Some of his h/balls in traffic especially

the left handed ones are wow stuff. His go to right now are nervy little kicks or hoofing it. By 50 games he should be a good to very good player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back