Unofficial Preview Changes v St. Kilda (after the bye)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People knock Dylan12, but I’m going to keep saying it, he is an astute student of the game. I’d rather listen to him than some 28 year old who followed the Broncos all his life before swapping to Brisbane because he had a mate at Uni who got my him into AFL and who now thinks he’s an expert.

So you're saying people who agree with you are astute students of the game, and people who don't agree with you are all Broncos supporters. That's convenient.

Perhaps he’ll get another 3 possessions against the Saints and we can again praise his amazing performance.

Hey Dylan. I don't think 3 possessions would be amazing. Odd comment.

I think Keays should of got the normal 2-3 weeks.
As the first week is like driving in a school zone for 10 weeks then getting on the German autobahn.
The difference in speed and time you have before your squished is huge.

I watched on youtube all apart the last Suns game (I watch today probably as no other footy :) ), there is no one really standing out like Cripps did against us consistently every week. No one really killing it..
Cutler, Basti, Bundy, Lester, N Robbo all get a lot of the ball as they should at that level. They have been fulltime AFL footballers for years.
We see glimpses of T Berry, Joyce, E Smith before injured, C Lyons, Hinge, Wooler, Fullarton etc
The one guy you really notice that takes things on and have something special at times is Coleman and we did not trade him in last year.

Perhaps he’ll get another 3 possessions against the Saints and we can again praise his amazing performance.
What the coach tells the media and what is said behind closed doors be a lot different.
You hardly see any coaches burn a player in the media.
I said this a few times not sticking up for Rayner. Second half of last season he was more of a focal point.
This season Cameron back and we added McCarthy so he has competition and not getting the ball kicked to him as much.
Anyone know where to find stats of who we kick to inside 50?

Here’s a crazy thought, how about just picking the best team week to week with in form players?:drunk:

And if that includes Bastinac, Cutler, Walker, Keays, Christensen, Robertston, Lester etc. so what. The rot set in when Fagan got cute and dropped Walker from the Dogs game and bringing in Smith a few weeks ago and has been compounded by continuously playing out of form players that do nothing week after week.

But hey, we’ve won 7 games and won more games than last year, so I guess it doesn’t really matter does it?:rolleyes:

Are players in good form if they’re getting good stats or if they are actually playing good team footy and doing what the coaches require of them?

Two different things.

Whilst someone like Rayner no doubt has been given some slack. I’d say he probably has the Saints game to find some form before he finds himself in the ressies. He’s a second year player whereas someone like Cutler is in their 6th year.

Whilst someone like Rayner no doubt has been given some slack. I’d say he probably has the Saints game to find some form before he finds himself in the ressies.
That’s been said practically every week the past 3 months that the next game he’d find form the next game and if he doesn’t he’d be dropped to the seconds and we’re still waiting despite Fagan affording him opportunity after opportunity. Another 10 more opportunities this year shouldn’t really matter then.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s been said practically every week the past 3 months that the next game he’d find form the next game and if he doesn’t he’d be dropped to the seconds and we’re still waiting despite Fagan affording him opportunity after opportunity. Another 10 more opportunities this year shouldn’t really matter then.:rolleyes:

The way you're talking would indicate he hasn't played a good game all year, when in truth he's played several. He has had a bit of a slump which absolutely nobody is denying, but it's hardly rocket science when understanding why Fagan is persisting with him up forward.

He's had a few good games this year Dylan. Calm

The Gold Coast game and possibly one or two others, which even then, were games he was serviceable. Plenty others have serviceable games and are regularly given the arse and held to a different standard.

Not sure who you're referring to dyl

The way you're talking would indicate he hasn't played a good game all year, when in truth he's played several. He has had a bit of a slump which absolutely nobody is denying, but it's hardly rocket science when understanding why Fagan is persisting with him up forward.
I don't know what most people have been watching but imo he's been fair to poor all year . And that's in winning sides.

I'd like nothing better than for him to come out and at least get himself near the best players but he's been in our bottom 4 or 5 nearly every game.

If you're looking at it impartially that's where he's at. Not just for his input but for the missed opportunities and clangers.

I think they've really overdone it in keeping on playing him but maybe 13th time lucky next week. Every week even those who support him say well he needs a spell and by the middle of the week they're back on the bandwagon . The only reason I 'm saying this is because I think it would be very much to his and the team's benefit and he'll learn and come back the player we know he can be over the next few years.

It's only his second year . He's just 19 . There are issues he needs to address ,which aren't helped having him in the side.

IMO.

You'd have to think he's due a really good game but how long do you wait.

The second quarter against Carlton just wasn't up to any sort of standard and it was downhill for us from there.

Just telling it from what I saw.

He must know it ,give him a break and take the pressure off , most of the supporters are in agreement. Everyone wants him to be a gun, he's just finding it too hard to have any impact the way things are , let him develop normally, like anyone on the list whether they're pick 1 or pick 55.

Has had a few good games for sure. One game he had 15 disposals / 14 pressure acts but for some reason that rarely rates a mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back