Unofficial Preview Changes v St. Kilda (after the bye)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selection panel has lost the plot. In their haste to exclude Tom Cutler from the side, they've also dropped everyone else this week and forfeited!

The AFL Commission with their well known justice and mercy have decided that rather than punish both teams (the other guys were just as slack) they would declare the result a draw but not grant either team any premiership points for the match.

Having a NEAFL side flogging everyone each week is a worry but it wasn't the case last year. I'm a glass half full kind, I tend not to believe that all the other teams especially swans, GWS and Suns have gone dramatically backward it's more the point we have jumped forward. I think the positive in our seniors improvement is that the whole playing group is improving although we on here like to beat a few of them up. Our NEAFL side has a great blend of youth and experience and with an overall club healthy list we regularly how our best team on the park. It's still a big step up but our NEAFL team gets to practice the game plan and be ready to slot in when needed if a position becomes vacant. So far this year when a player is elevated they come into the firsts in the same position they played in the reserves. Right or wrong there are players in the 2's going well but the player above them is seen to be doing their job.

Having a NEAFL side flogging everyone each week is a worry but it wasn't the case last year. I'm a glass half full kind, I tend not to believe that all the other teams especially swans, GWS and Suns have gone dramatically backward it's more the point we have jumped forward. I think the positive in our seniors improvement is that the whole playing group is improving although we on here like to beat a few of them up. Our NEAFL side has a great blend of youth and experience and with an overall club healthy list we regularly how our best team on the park. It's still a big step up but our NEAFL team gets to practice the game plan and be ready to slot in when needed if a position becomes vacant. So far this year when a player is elevated they come into the firsts in the same position they played in the reserves. Right or wrong there are players in the 2's going well but the player above them is seen to be doing their job.

Think our seconds team cycles a bit with rookie list and bottom end talent as well. This year we've got a lot of experience on that list that's not good enough for AFL but great at NEAFL level. If we delist players like bastinac (sad) and eagles and replace them with kids we'll notice a difference in our NEAFL performance. We're sort of at a natural peak right now with a lot of 3/4 year rookies on the list.

So Bastinac had 38 disposals in the Ressies last game. He has to be selected against St.Kilda.

I think with Basti we realistically know what we’re going through to get from him at Senior level. Which is nothing more than him playing a role. I guess we have to weigh up that against the possible benefits of getting more games into someone who might well be apart of the future.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Basti play Lyons role for a week to change things up and have Lyons playing that HFF role that he done well in at Adelaide.

Here’s a crazy thought, how about just picking the best team week to week with in form players?:drunk:

And if that includes Bastinac, Cutler, Walker, Keays, Christensen, Robertston, Lester etc. so what. The rot set in when Fagan got cute and dropped Walker from the Dogs game and bringing in Smith a few weeks ago and has been compounded by continuously playing out of form players that do nothing week after week.

But hey, we’ve won 7 games and won more games than last year, so I guess it doesn’t really matter does it?:rolleyes:

Here’s a crazy thought, how about just picking the best team week to week with in form players?:drunk:

And if that includes Bastinac, Cutler, Walker, Keays, Christensen, Robertston, Lester etc. so what. The rot set in when Fagan got cute and dropped Walker from the Dogs game and bringing in Smith a few weeks ago and has been compounded by continuously playing out of form players that do nothing week after week.

But hey, we’ve won 7 games and won more games than last year, so I guess it doesn’t really matter does it?:rolleyes:
REVOLUTIONARY THINKING! You mean selecting players who are playing good football and dropping players who have been horrible, despite numerous chances? You could be on to something there!

REVOLUTIONARY THINKING! You mean selecting players who are playing good football and dropping players who have been horrible, despite numerous chances? You could be on to something there!
Crazy isn’t it and I’m probably the one thinking outside the box...insane.

Bring in 6 blokes who have been dropped because their form in the seniors wasn't good enough to hold their spot?

Crazy isn’t it and I’m probably the one thinking outside the box...insane.
It is all clear to me now. So instead of playing a blokes who are terribly out of form, but might be world beaters in a season or two, because they “are the future,” we should select players who are CURRENTLY in exceptional form in the reserves. Now I don’t want to go overboard, but maybe we even give them a week to find their feet in the Seniors before we judge them. Dylan12 you have just turned our whole selection process arse about. So we don’t worry about how we match up on our opponents, but we pick our absolute best team on form and let our opponents worry about how they match up on us! Hang on, perhaps this idea is catching on because I think Geelong do that don’t they. I haven’t noticed them dropping players when they play Footscray or Essendon on the basis of the now DISCREDITED notion of ‘match ups.’ I think they just play their best players every week don’t they? Maybe Scott is on to something too.

Who from our reserves team isn't in form?

Maybe that's an obvious sign that our NEAFL side isn't facing strong opposition. Not sure any that have been brought into the seniors have actually done much.

I think 3KZ and D12 should put themselves forward for the Kangaroos and Blues coaching gigs when they are called, they obviously know how to turn around our horrendous season so I'm sure they could do the same for these 2 clubs in turmoil.

Because their pets and whipping boys are superior to Fage's pets and whipping boys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't Matt Shaw (delisted by both the Suns and Carlton) one of the best in the NEAFL. So if you're advocating that NEAFL form is everything then surely we should recruit this guy who wasn't good enough for the Suns or Carlton.

I think 3KZ and D12 should put themselves forward for the Kangaroos and Blues coaching gigs when they are called, they obviously know how to turn around our horrendous season so I'm sure they could do the same for these 2 clubs in turmoil.
I agree.

I would be happy to run with the team that played in the first 3 games.
Only replacement would be Bailey for Answerth.
YES ... except I’d drop Rayner for Keays. Answerth for Bailey if Bailey isn’t fit.

People knock Dylan12, but I’m going to keep saying it, he is an astute student of the game. I’d rather listen to him than some 28 year old who followed the Broncos all his life before swapping to Brisbane because he had a mate at Uni who got my him into AFL and who now thinks he’s an expert. I can see the posts now, “ I wasn’t following Brisbane when they were winning Premierships, but ...” Dylan has seen it all before. I can’t remember Leigh Matthews carrying blokes in the Seniors who were stinking it up week after week and I can’t think of too many times when he dropped players because there was a problem with ‘match ups’ when we were playing the team sitting 13th on the ladder.

People knock Dylan12, but I’m going to keep saying it, he is an astute student of the game. I’d rather listen to him than some 28 year old who followed the Broncos all his life before swapping to Brisbane because he had a mate at Uni who got my him into AFL and who now thinks he’s an expert. I can see the posts now, “ I wasn’t following Brisbane when they were winning Premierships, but ...” Dylan has seen it all before. I can’t remember Leigh Matthews carrying blokes in the Seniors who were stinking it up week after week and I can’t think of too many times when he dropped players because there was a problem with ‘match ups’ when we were playing the team sitting 13th on the ladder.
I think you've nailed it 3KZ, Chris Fagan is obviously a Broncos supporting nuffie who knows f..k all about AFL and what is required to build a successful club.

I tell ya, he's an NRL sleeper agent sent in to destroy us from the inside.

I think you've nailed it 3KZ, Chris Fagan is obviously a Broncos supporting nuffie who knows f..k all about AFL and what is required to build a successful club.

I tell ya, he's an NRL sleeper agent sent in to destroy us from the inside.
You might be into something there! I can’t see it, but then I didn’t spend the morning with Billy Puller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back