Strategy Changes v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah just heard on the radio his back next week either vfl or agaisnt Gold Coast
If Viney plays in the twos would be hilarious.. I'd go and watch for sure

Lord have mercy on those poor blokes in the magoos if he does.
Reminds me of something. A mate of mine has a brother who had to play on Eddie Betts in the VFL early in his career. Apparently had never felt so exhausted he ran that much.

Reminds me of something. A mate of mine has a brother who had to play on Eddie Betts in the VFL early in his career. Apparently had never felt so exhausted he ran that much.

I was once given the job to tag Grant Birchall. Fun times.

Also played basketball against him as a junior. He was ridiculously hard to stop on transition.

Last edited:

Pedersen has to come in. Had a field day against Saints last time. Weideman needs more game time I know but too much at stake at the moment. Have to win the next 3. Just have to. Can really setup a spot in the 8 and build a decent percentage.

I’m worried about Saints and Blues games though. Both desperate for a win and if they get a sniff we will be in real trouble. We drop either of these we certainly won’t deserve a finals spot.

Pedersen has to come in. Had a field day against Saints last time. Weideman needs more game time I know but too much at stake at the moment. Have to win the next 3. Just have to. Can really setup a spot in the 8 and build a decent percentage.

I’m worried about Saints and Blues games though. Both desperate for a win and if they get a sniff we will be in real trouble. We drop either of these we certainly won’t deserve a finals spot.

Worry about the saints, yes.

Worry about the blues? You're better off worrying about being crushed by an airborne elephant. They are absolute puss

Worry about the saints, yes.

Worry about the blues? You're better off worrying about being crushed by an airborne elephant. They are absolute puss

Wooden Spoons Since 2012
2017 Brisbane - Melbourne beat them... just, at home at the G
2016 Essendon - Beat Melbourne
2015 Carlton - Beat Melbourne
2014 St Kilda - Beat Melbourne
2013 GWS - Melbourne beat them Rnd 4. Beat Melbourne Rnd. 19

2 out of 6. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Wooden Spoons Since 2012

This actually goes back to 2006, when we lost to last-places Carlton. We also lost to the wooden spooners in 2007 and 2010, and lost to the second bottom team in the last round of 2011 to save them from the spoon. In 2008 and 2009 we were the bottom side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This actually goes back to 2006, when we lost to last-places Carlton. We also lost to the wooden spooners in 2007 and 2010, and lost to the second bottom team in the last round of 2011 to save them from the spoon. In 2008 and 2009 we were the bottom side.

Yes, I was trying to keep it more relevant to the current lineup, but yes, we're r'silly people.

In all fairness we were a rubbish team from 07 to 14. In 2013 we should have lost to gws the first time but we piled on 12 goal last quarter, 2011 we never recovered from that 186 point loss against Geelong. 2007 loss to Richmond was pretty horrible, they hadn't won a game and we rolled Collingwood the week before. 06 losing to Carlton twice was disgusting considering we just missed the top four and also losing to Hawthorn early in 05 was bad because they were rubbish. Losing to Carlton late in 04 when we were pushing for top four when we smashed them earlier the season also unforgiving. I get there's upsets but we have a good history of being the upset

Didn’t Carlton beat us just last year... or possibly it was year before. I was away but just remember hearing it from overseas and was shocked. Shouldn’t ever really be shocked when we lose to bottom sides though as stated.

Put away these 3 sides by comfortable margins and go into Adelaide clash with real confidence and Viney back on track and the season starts to look a lot more positive.

As usual I have zero confidence in this happening. But please Dees get it done. I can’t suffer any more disappointments.

Didn’t Carlton beat us just last year... or possibly it was year before. I was away but just remember hearing it from overseas and was shocked. Shouldn’t ever really be shocked when we lose to bottom sides though as stated.

Put away these 3 sides by comfortable margins and go into Adelaide clash with real confidence and Viney back on track and the season starts to look a lot more positive.

As usual I have zero confidence in this happening. But please Dees get it done. I can’t suffer any more disappointments.

Think we beat Carlton but it felt like a loss.

When talking losing to trash, I always think back to the early to mid 90s when Sydney were barely competitive against anyone. Except for one team...

Can't remember if I've told this story on here before, but I won a slab of Melbourne Bitter (yuck!) at Monash Uni for that. Sydney had lost 22 in a row or something and the uni's paper, Lot's Wife, asked the question how long their losing streak would end up being. I simply reached for the fixture to see when they played Melbourne and calculated 27 losses before they beat us. Easy money... er, beer.

Wooden Spoons Since 2012

We could go 21-1 one year and still lose to Carlton or whoever.

Chill the games is at docklands, our fortress....

/still wont be going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back