Changes v. Suns - Jetta, Bennell, Weid, OMac IN / Spuds Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely the hunt forward experiment is over. Melksham I think will be lucky same with avb. But we need to bring in forwards so might be hunt and avb out and bennell weid in and jetta for Lockhart.

Surely the hunt forward experiment is over. Melksham I think will be lucky same with avb. But we need to bring in forwards so might be hunt and avb out and bennell weid in and jetta for Lockhart.
I didn't mind Hunt forward when we had no one, but he's pretty much a blonde Gary Rohan. Nice and quick on the lead, but more likely to get 2 touches than 2 goals regularly.
If we played him from the square and hit him up on the lead it could work, but that's banking a lot on our mids not bombing it into the 50 like it's Dresden, 1944, and our other forwards making space for him to use.

So I guess the 9 who didn't travel are Wagner (x2), Nietschke, Hore, Petty, Preuss, Bradtke, KK, Baker?

This group has been mollycoddled too long, they need need some home truths from some respected figures.

No need for the Neeld style psycho path, but need someone with a backbone who demands respect.

I'm almost convinced Ross Lyon is the best coach for this particular group, put game plan aside, I think his personality fits.

Yeh I'm starting to come around to this idea as well, he has previously taken two lists that were ready to go into grand final contenders. Also worth considering that our list was largely built by Roos to play a certain style, and Lyon was a student of Roos at Sydney. They do seem to have similar coaching philosophies, perhaps our list would largely suit him already.

It's also interesting that some players were playing much better or at least developing much quicker under Roos, good examples are Salem and Hunt. The succession plan is failing with Goodwin, so maybe Lyon is a good fit for what Roos started.

Ins: Bennell, Weideman, O.McDonald, Jetta

Outs: Tomlinson, Rivers, Hunt, Smith

Actually some decent changes thankfully. Almost nearing last call for the Weid you'd think.

Actually selecting clear Best 22 players, as well as playing two key forwards, and an actual key defender (or close anyway) as a key defender ...

Osakq0ia4PJy_ZZIIpUpyhm3l4BFkBBxHs0tPCY7X9uchZuRxKgWDeMWfmCfmEWW-YkzLSFYSMzGT7igZvtzcT9yguOXyLTzNFch-BgAxaPfPx7g5XreEKY523HaguRwkUH_q8dR8Mv_h1_VVCHiJEeRIDfQCAzbgQc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like Omac as a player but he's better than Smith. Surely frees up Lever as well.
Jetta should always be in the team
Bennell, I'm almost disappointed I didn't get to change teams
Weid thank * is playing. Doesn't need to kick goals just get to contests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back