Changes v. Suns - Jetta, Bennell, Weid, OMac IN / Spuds Out

Remove this Banner Ad

I get the feeling the the coaches just let the fans pick the team this week. Well except for Omac.
It does feel a bit like that well particularly with bennell. The media was also confused with some of the non selections why would we recruit bennell get him fit then not play him. However it's bleeding obvious in the Richmond game what were lacking and there was no way anyone could judge Bennell's defensive game when hunt was virtually unsighted.

I get the feeling the the coaches just let the fans pick the team this week. Well except for Omac.
I dont mind Omac. Would prefer him to play on the oppostions best KPF rather than Smith

May to take the 2nd best and zone off a bit and Lever be the 3rd/floating defender

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Decent changes at least. Probably won't make us kick the ball inside our F50 any better unless we have Bennell, Salem, Melksham and maybe Brayshaw playing through the middle more. Weid just has to contest and make a 50/50. Not expecting him to take grabs and kick a bag.

Also Lockhart is bloody lucky. His errors have cost us greatly the last 2 weeks. I'd have left Rivers in personally, but i guess he has a chance to turn it around. AVB needs a big game also. Big statement game for Oliver and Viney also. Been bashed all week, will be closely scrutinised this week. The only issue i have with the team is that we look slow compared to GC. So ball use will be vital or we'll get smashed with pace. Biggest game for Goodwin since the finals in 18 i reckon. We lose he's in trouble as there's no coming back from 1-4 in a shortened season..

The changes make sense at least. Need the ball in Bennells hands forward of center as much as possible.

I would love to see Salem at least be tried in the midfield, feel like he's being a bit wasted in the back half at the moment. We (obviously) lack players who can deliver to a forwards advantage. If it doesn't work, switch him back to defense.

Tomlinson doesn't miss a game for 3 years with the club with the deepest midfield in the comp. couple games in gets dropped with the shittest club in the AFL. This club is proper rotten why pick him up if he doesn't suit that he's droppable 4 games in? man I hope we fold or move so I got a ******* out to stop following this pile of s**t

Tomlinson doesn't miss a game for 3 years with the club with the deepest midfield in the comp. couple games in gets dropped with the shittest club in the AFL. This club is proper rotten why pick him up if he doesn't suit that he's droppable 4 games in? man I hope we fold or move so I got a ******* out to stop following this pile of sh*t
Yah no s**t. Who goes out an targets a player and then turns then into a fringe player immediately. How the * do you put the time into a free agent and then immediately struggle to get him playing well.

Yah no sh*t. Who goes out an targets a player and then turns then into a fringe player immediately. How the fu** do you put the time into a free agent and then immediately struggle to get him playing well.
Same thing happened early with melksham

Wait on...we'll rip into 22 year old AA 2x BnF winner Oliver all week, but the experienced guy we recruited on good coin who isn't performing is beyond reproach? He hasn't taken a contested mark in the last three games, I'd also have given him another week but that's pretty fundamental to his role and a shocker of a stat.

Wait on...we'll rip into 22 year old AA 2x BnF winner Oliver all week, but the experienced guy we recruited on good coin who isn't performing is beyond reproach? He hasn't taken a contested mark in the last three games, I'd also have given him another week but that's pretty fundamental to his role and a shocker of a stat.
Contested Marks? is that you goodwin? who the * did you think we were picking up? he averages 0.40 CM a game so so far his 2 for the year has him better off than the 8 years prior. recruit a guy pay him decent coin he plays at his career ave over all stats. That had him play 3 years straight with the most talented list ive ever seen but then drop him for playing at that average. yeah ok makes complete sense. why recruit him on good coin in the first place if what he was doing doesn't fit our list.

not really, Smith is 192cms i think and has a decent leap on him. i seen him kill more marking attempts in the last couple of weeks than you'll see OMac get to all year.
Only problem is it’s generally his team mates he’s spoiling. Everyone ends up on the ground the desperate punch goes straight to opposition player who walks into a goal. He’s an ‘almost’ player. Makes a great effort and almost marks it, spoils it, tackles but rarely does anything have a positive outcome for the team. He can’t read the game that’s why he’s always making desperate lunges it’s not just because he’s fast and making ground.

He's not on Lever/May coin, that's for sure.

He was terrible in the air on the weekend. His role is to give us something in the air given he's a taller winger not blessed with pace but can run all day.

Barely jumped off the ground in a few contests and midjudged it terribly. With 13 disposals and 2 marks he didn't set the world on fire given he was playing 2nd ruck. Weidy will play that role this week and someone will shuffle up to a wing - maybe Bennell?

Don't see all the fuss about dropping Tomlinson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tomlinson and to some extent Langdon are players who get the crap end of the stick with shorter quarters. These guys can be gut running at the end of quarters when others are tiring. Probably also why Tomlinson hasn’t shone on the wing. He’s not the accumulator that Langdon is. And he’s not running as fast to get into space etc. I think Tomlinson has a role to play but maybe it’ll look a little different when he comes back.

Only problem is it’s generally his team mates he’s spoiling. Everyone ends up on the ground the desperate punch goes straight to opposition player who walks into a goal. He’s an ‘almost’ player. Makes a great effort and almost marks it, spoils it, tackles but rarely does anything have a positive outcome for the team. He can’t read the game that’s why he’s always making desperate lunges it’s not just because he’s fast and making ground.
100%
His defensive positioning is horrific and he was lucky that a couple kicks were dumped on Riewoldts head and gave him a chance to come in last

He's not on Lever/May coin, that's for sure.

He was terrible in the air on the weekend. His role is to give us something in the air given he's a taller winger not blessed with pace but can run all day.

Barely jumped off the ground in a few contests and midjudged it terribly. With 13 disposals and 2 marks he didn't set the world on fire given he was playing 2nd ruck. Weidy will play that role this week and someone will shuffle up to a wing - maybe Bennell?

Don't see all the fuss about dropping Tomlinson
why recruit a player who does exactly what he has done for 8 years? 13 touches ok wow he had 2 less than normal. he has never been a marking player. just cause hes taller doesn't mean he takes grabs. problem isn't dropping him problem is paying the campaigner over to do what he's done his whole career then realising oh maybe we shouldn't just pick up any campaigner who wants some coin.

Again with Smith why the * are we playing 2 Levers in the same team? stupid ******* decisions by the club. Smiths obvious role is the 1 Lever cant even do on his $800k. This club just loves playing players in positions they cannot play. Jones and Brayshaw last year to name a couple more

Tomlinson and to some extent Langdon are players who get the crap end of the stick with shorter quarters. These guys can be gut running at the end of quarters when others are tiring. Probably also why Tomlinson hasn’t shone on the wing. He’s not the accumulator that Langdon is. And he’s not running as fast to get into space etc. I think Tomlinson has a role to play but maybe it’ll look a little different when he comes back.

I reckon Thomlinson has been far better than Langdon. Another instance where the stat sheet means absolutely nothing. He's actually made some positive contributions despite not getting a tone of the ball. Meanwhile Langdon butchers the living s**t out of it far too often.

I reckon Thomlinson has been far better than Langdon. Another instance where the stat sheet means absolutely nothing. He's actually made some positive contributions despite not getting a tone of the ball. Meanwhile Langdon butchers the living sh*t out of it far too often.
You telling me butchering the ball isn't part of the game plan? had me fooled

Langdon is pretty much a higher accumulating Sam Blease. Without the ability to kick goals. 😂
He doesn't run out of puff in 2 minutes though. His s**t kicks also tend to be 800ft in the air to no one rather than wormburners to no one.
Clearly different!

He doesn't run out of puff in 2 minutes though. His sh*t kicks also tend to be 800ft in the air to no one rather than wormburners to no one.
Clearly different!

I can t argue with any of that, very accurate mate. 😂

They both run fast gud tho.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back