Changes v. Suns - Jetta, Bennell, Weid, OMac IN / Spuds Out

Remove this Banner Ad

This group has been mollycoddled too long, they need need some home truths from some respected figures.

No need for the Neeld style psycho path, but need someone with a backbone who demands respect.

I'm almost convinced Ross Lyon is the best coach for this particular group, put game plan aside, I think his personality fits.

This group has been mollycoddled too long, they need need some home truths from some respected figures.

No need for the Neeld style psycho path, but need someone with a backbone who demands respect.

I'm almost convinced Ross Lyon is the best coach for this particular group, put game plan aside, I think his personality fits.
Clarko would be alright..

Have you listened to Ross Lyon on classified? I'm sitting on me couch slamming beers and yet when he talks I wanna be a better footballer. He made GFs with 2 of the biggest failure clubs in the AFL. Stkildas 2nd in 50 odd years and Freos first ever. I think he would be an amazing appointment

There's no pace through the centre of the ground, no elite kick apart from Salem, but what do the fees recruiters do, pick up 2 gut runners who have terrible disposal and use their two first rounders on a ruck and small fwd.

Why did they not chase Brad hill to the hilt?

Why did they not try and trade for picks 1 & 2. They had 3 & 9, why not be bold and throw in Viney or or a host of players and try get Rowell and Anderson.

I think Brayshaw is ok, why does he spend so much time on the bench, when he's a better kick and better decision maker than Oliver and Viney.

Why recruit brown and Bennell yet hardly play them.

Why is Jetta out?

The Dee's have the most baffling team selections in the comp

The only safe players this week should be
Gawn
petracca
Pickett

What will they do? Most likely drop some first year players, they need to make a statement and drop minimum 5 high named players
Viney
Tomlinson
Langdon
Melsham
Tmcdonald

Clarko would be alright..

The one thing with Lyon is he wouldn't play favourites at selection like Goody would.
I dunno, wasn't he a big reason why Luke Ball walked (i.e. not getting enough of a run?). Dawson was also guaranteed games throughout his time under Lyon (although aside from an aging Hudghton I don't think he was keeping anyone of note out).
He did turn Walters into a gun and got the most out of crabs like Dean Polo and Brett Peake.

I'm all aboard the Michael Voss train if we're going to get someone. Let go a bit early at the Lions I reckon, although was very green for a first up coach. Since been an assistant at Port, so keeping his head in the game. Would relish a second chance at a top job.

I'm all aboard the Michael Voss train if we're going to get someone. Let go a bit early at the Lions I reckon, although was very green for a first up coach. Since been an assistant at Port, so keeping his head in the game. Would relish a second chance at a top job.
Absolutely not. Been coaching for over a decade and has what, two finals appearances to show for it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind the idea of getting in Voss. I know his first stint as coach didn't go so well but I think he would have had some good learnings. (Sorry about that) I know champion player doesn't equate to champion coach but I just visualise his fierce competitiveness on the field (particularly the 03 granny) I feel he he wouldn't tolerate a lot of the efforts we are currently seeing atm. Not to say Goodwin tolerates it but I feel voss might actually take some action and drop someone or do something on game day.

I don't mind Voss either. Remember how bad Buckley was early days? Not everyone can have a BFF as president. Reckon he's probably learnt a lot since.

He's got the respect and fear factor for the players to take notice.

Whereas Goodwin was notoriously soft as a player..?

?

Personality wise I'm talking about for starters. Goodwin is weak. He's a ******* cuck for the players.

And are you really suggesting Voss and Goodwin were on a similar level in terms of hardness when they played?

Weid, Nev, Bennell all went well in the praccy with Richmond. Brown was also solid. Surely all are in an extended bench at least?

Harley had 35, last week he kicked 4 goals....if he isnt in this week then we have ****ed him over, there were other clubs that wanted him but he decided on us and now it seems he is doing too much for our coaching staff.

Harley had 35, last week he kicked 4 goals....if he isnt in this week then we have f’ed him over, there were other clubs that wanted him but he decided on us and now it seems he is doing too much for our coaching staff.
If he doesn't play I'm changing teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back