Remove this Banner Ad

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Out: Cold temperatures (omitted), JJ (injury), JOD

In: Warmer climes, Cleary, McSteal

I think the guys need a trip away, some sun on their backs and some warmth. A couple looked a bit frustrated today, including Bont, who seems to have a niggle. This game in that climate comes at a good time leading into pussy cats.

Maybe take Treloar on the trip and give him some sun as well.

JOD can take his astonishing winning percentage back to the magoos for a few weeks of consolidation.

The utter stupidity of not aligning the VFL with the AFL means no players were able to put their hands up for next week.

Cleary for JJ is the only obvious one.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Treloar will be right and Cleary in

Out JJ unfortunate as he is playing great footy and ODonnell

The utter stupidity of not aligning the VFL with the AFL means no players were able to put their hands up for next week.

Cleary for JJ is the only obvious one.

The VFL scheduling is a dogs breakfast. Been thus for a few years now. I don’t understand why we don’t organise with other clubs, matches on the umpteenth bye weekends scheduled in that competition.

Surely the JOD experiment is over for now go back to the 2's and allow him to learn his craft he has potential but should not be playing others are more deserving of a game.

Ins Cleary, Crozier and Buku with one sub
Outs JJ, JOD, McNeil
JOD was one of the better players in the VFL. To keep saying it is an experiment is insulting to both the player and coaches. There is no one, no one more deserving of a game so stop with this garbage.

Unfortunately those who could have had the opportunity to show they may deserve an opportunity did not get that this week.

The only player who could be available that would automatically come in is the player he replaced in the 22 Trealor.

JOD was one of the better players in the VFL. To keep saying it is an experiment is insulting to both the player and coaches. There is no one, no one more deserving of a game so stop with this garbage.

Unfortunately those who could have had the opportunity to show they may deserve an opportunity did not get that this week.

The only player who could be available that would automatically come in is the player he replaced in the 22 Trealor.

Disagree he is not ready and he was playing ok in the VFL but was not knocking the door down. He does have potential but he still has a lot to learn . I prefer to be patient like we did with Marra. I would be absolutely shocked if he did not get omitted this week.

Yep, no doubt.

He trained with Footscray over the pre-season, and was part of the U18 systems. He was "only in the system for a matter of weeks" because we basically signed him the day he became Cat B eligible, essentially three years to the day that he last played a competitive footy game before focusing on cricket. But presumably he grew, proved athleticism as he entered adulthood, and had clubs and managers tell him to keep training in footy but hold out for Cat B eligibility as he might be a borderline late draft pick in an open draft but would be guaranteed to be picked up by a club if they could do it outside list spot/salary cap.

JOD reminds me a bit about Gardner's first 10-15 games. Clearly has the athletic tools - 195+cm players that can run, jump and win the ball below the knees are rare - and you just back in that they can read the game and develop experience over time.

You look at half the league that have injury crises and both ends - currently Richmond with no tall forwards are playing Essendon with no key defenders - and developing talls to add to depth is very important.

Disagree he is not ready and he was playing ok in the VFL but was not knocking the door down. He does have potential but he still has a lot to learn . I prefer to be patient like we did with Marra. I would be absolutely shocked if he did not get omitted this week.

Thought he looked pretty good. Didn’t fumble, very competitive one on one, nicel kick as well.

Plenty to work on, can see him being a good defender in time.

Definitely a better pick than guys like Hannan and McComb who will never make it.

Pretty sure everyone was saying the same of Arthur Jones earlier in the season.

Doubt Treloar is ready, and also doubt they would take him on a long road trip anyway.

Out: JJ, McNeil (offers nothing), JOD
In: Cleary, Buslinger, Khamis

Doubt Treloar is ready, and also doubt they would take him on a long road trip anyway.

Out: JJ, McNeil (offers nothing), JOD
In: Cleary, Buslinger, Khamis

Could give Treloar some time in Qld with his wife though. I can see him being the sub to ease him back into it.

Out: JJ
In: Cleary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: JJ, JOD
In: Cleary, McNeil

The JJ injury sucks. He had been playing really well since moving back to defense. Like the look of Cleary and wouldn't mind him getting a bit of a run down back while he is out, probably been one of the better VFL performers this season as well.

McNeil over JOD for the full game. Don't see O'Donnell offering enough in the role he is in. Once again he showed some signs and is one to keep an eye on going forward but think McNeil offers more than him and its better for the structure of the side.

Did I read that Bruce may be available also?

I was a surprised as anyone with JOD playing and playing forward but seems like Bevo wanted to try a few things in the AFL and wants a tall. Buss isn’t physically there yet and Darcy is injured.

Also when we look at ourselves a little into the future we will lose three of our four key backman soon at similar times - Jones, Keath and Bruce are all over 40. We need to bring young KPDs in and out of the side in short bursts as part of their development - to see what the gap is firsthand. JOD is physically a few years older than a draftee but experience wise not so much. If you play him when he has ro take a key post he will be killed but if you play him as a fourth forward he has much less pressure.

I would probably have played Khamis as I think he adds something and hopefully can create the spread that is missing on the forward line - the amount of times we create pack that is so easy to defend or even outright spoil each other in driving me nuts. We did this with Khamis (gave him exposure at AFL) and he was OK but since going back to the AFL he hasn’t progressed that much - is certainly more consistent. We don’t get the benefit of the training simulations where the coaches see them play against each other and so maybe Bevo just doesn’t see it yet.

Was a solid win but against weakened opposition. GC will be harder - they play with young energy and have a group of out and put stars.

JJ out Crozier in - since coming back has later well and is a great mark allowing Richards to move up the ground and be more attacking from the HBF. Would also be happy to see Cleary play - I see him as a potential Bob like classy flanker we don’t have.

Speccy? VDM is training for the same role and could be called up. With JJs age and injuries- it makes sense to train someone with genuine leg speed but I reckon he needs a few more games under his belt. While he has speed JJs best strength is beautifully kicking on the run - have not seen that from VDM but let’s see.

Trelor in is obvious if he is fit and would replace JOD. If he is not fit McNeil to come in and play a whole game - also replace JOD.

Would have expected West to be a regular at this stage but disappointing and not playing in the guts also shows what the MC think of him. Scott is way above him at the moment.

Out unfortunately JJ , O'Donnell

In Cleary, McLean ,one glove

l would say Vandermeer the week after.But in the wet tropics Cleary is better suited.
A tall must come out in Darwin which is O'Donnell. McLean would be better suited to conditions.
Lobb ,Naughton and Jamarra to wear one glove .

Was the last time we played in Darwin against Port when the streaker came out?

JOD looked a lot more comfortable behind the ball, just don’t think he fits when we already have 3 talls down there. The forward experiment isn’t working.

Really sucks losing JJ was really hitting his stride back in the backline. I hope we don’t experiment down there I think Cleary is the obvious replacement, solid VFL form, can play defensive and offensive. No need to put Daniel back there or go over tall with JOD especially with playing in Darwin.

Out: JOD JJ (Inj)
In: Cleary McNiel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back