Changes v Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Vanders can’t be brought back in just because he has been playing the same position as JJ in the 2’s. He needs to be banging down the door with quality play to even been considered. Has zero credits in the bank for mine.

I agree with this. I like a lot of his traits and am intrigued with a move to defense for him because it should suit him better. But I think he needs to show that in the VFL first.

We rushed him back last season with poor VFL form after returning from injury and absolutely stunk in the final four games.

Gold Coast Suns v Western Bulldogs
Saturday 27 May, 7.25pm AEST (6.55pm ACST)
TIO Stadium (Larrakia)

B: Taylor Duryea, Liam Jones, Tim O’Brien
HB: Bailey Dale, Ryan Gardner, Ed Richards
C: Anthony Scott, Marcus Bontempelli, Bailey Williams
HF: Jack Macrae, Aaron Naughton, Caleb Daniel
F: Cody Weightman, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Rory Lobb
R: Tim English, Bailey Smith, Tom Liberatore
Int: James O’Donnell, Arthur Jones, Oskar Baker, Lachie McNeil
Emerg: Mitch Hannan, Alex Keath, Jordon Sweet, Luke Cleary

IN: -

OUT: J. Johannisen (injured).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing wrong at all with this selection.

Cleary as the sub as reward for some good form.

Having the VFL on first Gives opportunities for players to start knocking down the door as well as game time for Bruce to get back touch

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ah I miss the good selection days of round 4-8, those were the days 🥲

Edit: ugh didn’t even realise Hannan was going to be sub, he’s genuinely the worst player on our list how is he anywhere near this side 😂

Actually, I don't mind giving O'Donnell a chance to settle down back. Much better than injecting him forward. Could we'll keep his place if he plays okay.

Actually, I don't mind giving O'Donnell a chance to settle down back. Much better than injecting him forward. Could we'll keep his place if he plays okay.
Same, he looks good there. But drop TOB or Gards if that’s what we want. 4 key defenders seem a bit unnecessary, especially when none of them can kick, and it’s in Darwin, and we’re playing a team with one decent forward…

Anyway shouldn’t make a difference to the result, it’s a great team on the park - hopefully we get it out of our system & stop *ing around before it actually costs us though

Nicely balanced side. The bench is what its supposed to be and should be able to cover most contingencies across the ground.

The sub in all likelihood is going to be Hannan, but given we tend not to use them unless we really have too. I dont think it matters much if it's Hannan or Cleary. As for the other two, I doubt that even Beveridge would contemplate adding Sweet or Keath to the side.

Or would he...

Ah I miss the good selection days of round 4-8, those were the days 🥲

Edit: ugh didn’t even realise Hannan was going to be sub, he’s genuinely the worst player on our list how is he anywhere near this side 😂
Hannan is actually ok as a sub.
He is versatile and for short bursts he is usually serviceable. It's when he is in the starting side ! He tries the heroics and either gets caught or turns it over.As a burst player he just plays more instinctively. Which IMO is his go.

Hannan is actually ok as a sub.
He is versatile and for short bursts he is usually serviceable. It's when he is in the starting side ! He tries the heroics and either gets caught or turns it over.As a burst player he just plays more instinctively. Which IMO is his go.
Yeah fair, he’s definitely played some okay games as sub when the circumstances suit - the worst case scenario is though that with an injury he comes on early in the game and we’ve all of a sudden put out possibly the worst ground level team ever seen at AFL level in a slippery night game in Darwin 😂

Fingers crossed if sub he only sees the ground very very late, if at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back