Prediction Changes V Swans

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Urgent Explanation Required=can someone please explain, with Barrass out,
how team will try to contain Big Bud? Is Schoey in?
sensibly please...;)
Sheppard. Make Buddy try and win with height rather than his running. Use our team support defense to our advantage. If OAllen plays he can take Sinkers when he wanders forward.

Rapt that my boy :D:thumbsu::)

:westcoast: Jarrod Brander #10 :westcoast:

download.jpg

Gets to play the first of many games for West Coast.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I reckon we hit The Jackpot with JB :moneybag:.
Perfect replacement in time for JK.

JB and JD should prove a very handy two prong attack going forward .

We do excel at drafting talls, I just wish our success rate with mids was as spectacular.

Last edited:

campaigner___

Club Legend
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Out of those 8 debutants how many played last time you played answer 1 , Fremantle played 6 in their last side , So your point is !!!!
The point is that WC know how to rebuild a team by slowly introducing new players while continuing to win.

Having 6 first year players in a team isn't smart, it's stupid. We've now debuted more recruits this season who are having a bigger impact on the game. You can't blame losing games on the fact you're playing 6 new players in a team... Don't play them all at once then!

I think Tosser Lyon is using it as an excuse. One week "you're rebuilding", the next week you're playing Danyl Pearce, Michael Johnson etc. I really don't get it!

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Think that maybe Schofield is still a small chance perhaps? And that otherwise Allen plays of McCartin plays. If McCartin misses then we would go small.

So feel like the team is sorted except for two spots. Maybe some uncertainty about Masto playing too.

FB: Sheppard McGovern Cole
HB: Hurn Schoey/Allen/Nelson Duggan
C: Masten Redden Gaff
HF: Rioli Brander Cripps
FF: LeCras Kennedy Ryan

R: Naitanui Yeo Shuey

I: Jetta Sheed/Hutchings Waterman Lycett

Update after that tweet.

FB: Hurn McGovern Cole
HB: Nelson Sheppard Duggan
C: Jetta Redden Gaff
HF: Rioli Brander Cripps
FF: LeCras Kennedy Ryan

R: Naitanui Yeo Shuey

I: Waterman Lycett & 2 of Allen/Hutchings/Sheed

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
No need to play Oscar Allen (he'd have no chance against buddy anyway). Play McGovern on buddy. If he wants the best part of a million dollars a year he has to take the job. Shep can go to him when he pushes up the ground. Rest of swans forward line are medium/small so play extra runners.

Thought Rotham would have been ahead of Ollen for a debut. Oh well. Not too keen on the idea of either of them debuting in defence against the Swans.

Schofield might be on the later flight to give him as much time with the missus as possible?

Interesting to note only these players have not travelled with the team this year or been named EMG.

Brayshaw
Burrows
England
Olonga
Emac
Vardy

+ Karps and Partington.

It's ok, the club forgets they're still on our list as well.

OK then, having a crack at today's announcement.

Out: Darling (inj), Barrrass (inj), Ah Chee, Nelson
In: Brander, Schofield, Shuey, Ryan

B: Sheppard, Schofield, Hurn
HB: Jetta, McGovern, Duggan
C: Gaff, Shuey, Redden
HF: Cripps, Brander, Waterman
F: LeCras, Kennedy, Rioli
R: Naitanui, Sheed, Yeo
I: Lycett, Cole, Ryan, Hutchings
E: Ollen, Nelson, Masten, Ah Chee

Ollen on standby for Schoey. Nelson, Masten on general standby/keeping Swans guessing, Nelson to fly home with Ollen (if not needed) and play with East Perth Saturday, Masten to be given another week off to be cherry ripe for Essendon. Arch reportedly isn't in Sydney.

Forward line looks a bit top heavy when you chuck the occasional resting ruck in there, and Rioli/Cripps/LeCras are going to have to pull some midfield minutes.

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Geez hope that Schoey is able to make it over after his baby is born. Would be tough for Gov to try to handle Buddy on his own, but he might kick as many goals even with 2 kpds rotating on him... Shep and Yeo might mind him a bit at times though.
Buddy would probably kill Allen or Brander in their 1st games if they are put on him.
Was kinda hoping that Emac was a chance, but he always gonna play WAFL first after not playing all year.

Last edited:

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
With Barrass out, Schofield is the logical replacement to play on Buddy

I think Oscar Allen has a lot of potential, but the club wouldn't ask him to play on Franklin in his first game, surely.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Not sure why we need to go so tall in defense against the Swans. We play McGovern on Buddy and McCartin is their 2nd tall forward and he is only 192 cm.

I would back in Sheppard/Hurn to cover McCartin (who is only playing his 5th AFL game) or alternatively we shift Brander during the game to cover him. Schoefield is coming back from his hammy so prefer to rest him and leave him in Perth to do teh dad thing.

McGovern has to step up and take Buddy. If he is really worth the $$$$ people are stating, then he needs to be able to take the best forward and do a decent role on him.

My MC wish is the following

Out: Darling (inj), Barrrass (inj), Nelson
In: Brander, Shuey, Ryan

B: Sheppard, Hurn, Cole
I: Lycett, Ah Chee, Ryan, Hutchings

E: O Allen (more for the travel routine experience), Nelson, (both the fly back on Friday night and play EP), Masten (rest if not played)

Here is the Sydney line up against Saints:-

upload_2018-6-14_11-47-48.png

Not sure why we need to go so tall in defense against the Swans. We play McGovern on Buddy and McCartin is their 2nd tall forward and he is only 192 cm.

I would back in Sheppard/Hurn to cover McCartin (who is only playing his 5th AFL game) or alternatively we shift Brander during the game to cover him. Schoefield is coming back from his hammy so prefer to rest him and leave him in Perth to do teh dad thing.

McGovern has to step up and take Buddy. If he is really worth the $$$$ people are stating, then he needs to be able to take the best forward and do a decent role on him.

My MC wish is the following

Out: Darling (inj), Barrrass (inj), Nelson
In: Brander, Shuey, Ryan

B: Sheppard, Hurn, Cole
I: Lycett, Ah Chee, Ryan, Hutchings

E: O Allen (more for the travel routine experience), Nelson, (both the fly back on Friday night and play EP), Masten (rest if not played)

Here is the Sydney line up against Saints:-

View attachment 512044

If we went with the smaller backline then Nelson should stay in as the seventh defender. Ah Chee was reportedly left behind so take him out instead.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
If we went with the smaller backline then Nelson should stay in as the seventh defender. Ah Chee was reportedly left behind so take him out instead.
Happy to take that change - a bit of pace with Nelson down back will be useful. He also had a stint on the wing recently.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I agree with many of you that Allen won't play. No need for another tall, Shep and Hurn can take their medium talls and Nelson can move back to HB. This will be a challenging game, I will get pretty excited if we win, no big deal if we lose.

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL

Simmo has used Nelson to play on Papley for the last 4 or5 encounters with Sydney so I’m not expecting that to change on Friday..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

curious, who were our 6/7 defenders in round 1?

Barrass, Gov, Schofield, Jetta, Hurn, Sheppard, Nelson. Think Duggan played further up the ground.

Schofield was dropped for Rioli in round 2 and Duggan went back.

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Brander and Allen are in for the two big boys in Darling and Barras.

Wonder who Shuey and Ryan replace my gut feel says Hutch and Nelson?

Back