Opinion Changes v Swans

Yeah and I'll pull hares out of my arse.
qkkawe9.jpg

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Who the F... is going to play on Heeney. Looks like either Duryea who is to small or Cordy who is to slow.
He’ll have a few play on him throughout the game. Richards is exactly the same size as Heeeney. Duryea is pretty athletic and that shouldn’t be a mismatch.

Hoping Williams is a late inclusion or the medi-sub at the very least. We looked a better balanced side when he came on last week.

12 clangers in 1.5 games, he needs a VFL game to get his composure back.

Then who plays on Buddy I would have thought Keath.

Keath just takes whoever is closest to goal. Gardner and Cordy have more than enough aerobic capacity to go with him up the ground. He does most of his damage via clever leads, so it’s more about the whole structure holding up and preventing lead up marks inside 50 than which KPD gets assigned to him.

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He’ll have a few play on him throughout the game. Richards is exactly the same size as Heeeney. Duryea is pretty athletic and that shouldn’t be a mismatch.

12 clangers in 1.5 games, he needs a VFL game to get his composure back.

Keath just takes whoever is closest to goal. Gardner and Cordy have more than enough aerobic capacity to go with him up the ground. He does most of his damage via clever leads, so it’s more about the whole structure holding up and preventing lead up marks inside 50 than which KPD gets assigned to him.
Don’t see how Richards could go with Heeney in the air or even when the ball hits the deck. He’s an offensive minded HBF. Hasn’t ever shown an ability to man someone of Henry’s ability.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Don’t see how Richards could go with Heeney in the air or even when the ball hits the deck. He’s an offensive minded HBF. Hasn’t ever shown an ability to man someone of Henry’s ability.
If Gardner and Cordy have more than enough aerobic capacity how come they are always about 5 metres behind every forwards lead? Are they just not very good at reading the game?

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If Gardner and Cordy have more than enough aerobic capacity how come they are always about 5 metres behind every forwards lead? Are they just not very good at reading the game?
Was that response meant for the other poster? I didn’t mention Cordy or Gardner.
I agree with you though, Cordy has next to zero aerobic capacity.

ScottyDogg

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Didn't see too many "experts" calling for Hannan to be dropped this week. Funny that...🤔
Why is it funny? He actually did something in the 2nd half.

If he hadn’t he would absolutely be in the cross hairs. Hadn’t been sighted for the prior 3 halves of footy played.

He’s just lucky that we don’t have a single other medium forward on the list besides untried Bedendo.

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

If he hadn’t he would absolutely be in the cross hairs. Hadn’t been sighted for the prior 3 halves of footy played.

He’s just lucky that we don’t have a single other medium forward on the list besides untried Bedendo.
Wallis?

ScottyDogg

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
So Bevo thinks it gives us an advantage. I wonder how many losses it would take to disprove the theory?

The obvious defense of his theory is that our plethora of small and medium types aren’t playing well enough to take advantage of this strategy.

Most on here agree that our small and medium types don’t often play well enough collectively to make this an advantage for our team.

He is probably right though. If a combo of Smith, Treloar, Dunks, Scott, VDM, Hunter, Libba, Daniel, Dale, Richards, all went bang we would win. How often have we seen that sort of consistent performance though?

Richmond is the only team potentially in history (apart from our fairytale month in 2016) to pull it off consistently.

Libba39

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2008
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

In the cross-hairs....with 80% of the team

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’m pretty comfortable that Richards is a capable defender.

Was that response meant for the other poster? I didn’t mention Cordy or Gardner.
I agree with you though, Cordy has next to zero aerobic capacity.

There’s lots of stuff Cordy can be validly criticised for, but having zero endurance isn’t one of them. He’s fine at covering the ground.

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’m pretty comfortable that Richards is a capable defender.

There’s lots of stuff Cordy can be validly criticised for, but having zero endurance isn’t one of them. He’s fine at covering the ground.
Fine covering the ground, but to suggest he has pace/ speed is a massive stretch.

Back