Preview Changes v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Unchanged

Team%20Graphic%20R22%202017.jpg
That's a bloody good 22 really

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess beating Sydney and finishing top is now nothing. Good to know.

Finishing top in the minor round is only a thing that you cling to, to make you feel warm and cuddly inside; beyond that it means sweet * all as top 1 and 2 get the same rewards.

Beating Sydney equally doesn't matter in our situation. The job for the minor rounds is done, and this arguably adds more risk than it is worth.

What about the Bombers in 2000?

They lost sometime in 2001.

Finishing top in the minor round is only a thing that you cling to, to make you feel warm and cuddly inside; beyond that it means sweet **** all as top 1 and 2 get the same rewards.

Beating Sydney equally doesn't matter in our situation. The job for the minor rounds is done, and this arguably adds more risk than it is worth.

I want to finish top with a massive percentage then go on to win the flag. An emphatic premiership. One where the footy world looks back at the records and says Don and Tex's Adelaide blitzed everyone that year.

Finishing top in the minor round is only a thing that you cling to, to make you feel warm and cuddly inside; beyond that it means sweet **** all as top 1 and 2 get the same rewards.

They lost sometime in 2001.

If I am not mistaken thats not entirely true.

Finishing top and winning in Week 1 means that you should be playing the prelim on a Friday night. ie an 8 day break.

I could be wrong, but I think thats how it works.

With that said, finishing 1st or 2nd is largely irrelevant in the sense that we wont have to travel for a prelim if we win in week 1.

I would rather finish 2nd and get the players closer to 100% injury free.

The minute they show someone hobble off the ground, the screams for not resting players will be deafening.

Our strongest team so far in 2017.

I can accept that players can get injured in any game. What will really s**t me is if we are playing players that are already injured/not 100% and they aggravate that injury further when instead we could have given them an opportunity to rest for finals.

If we have a healthy list in September, we will play off in a grand final. I am that confident.

The minute they show someone hobble off the ground, the screams for not resting players will be deafening.

Our strongest team so far in 2017.
The cries from the club that it's an unrelated injury will be even louder

If I am not mistaken thats not entirely true.

Finishing top and winning in Week 1 means that you should be playing the prelim on a Friday night. ie an 8 day break.

I could be wrong, but I think thats how it works.

With that said, finishing 1st or 2nd is largely irrelevant in the sense that we wont have to travel for a prelim if we win in week 1.

I would rather finish 2nd and get the players closer to 100% injury free.

The 8 day break for the top team is not set in stone.

Previously the AFL has used a broad range of factors when programming the Prelims. I seem to recall one year when they switched it so the travelling team had a full 7 days to recover ( Cough maximise television audience Cough advantage to Victorian team).
Or perhaps I'm paranoid!

I still reckon we'll go in unchanged. Pyke has been hammering continuity in his pressers.

Have been hammering that since August 2016. Twas the excuse that was used for taking injured Brown, Sauce, JJ and a cooked Thommo into a sudden death final against Sydney last year. I doubt they can just dump the policy. Continuity is still a viable excuse amongst the supporter base.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back