Preview Changes v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

The 8 day break for the top team is not set in stone.

Previously the AFL has used a broad range of factors when programming the Prelims. I seem to recall one year when they switched it so the travelling team had a full 7 days to recover ( Cough maximise television audience Cough advantage to Victorian team).
Or perhaps I'm paranoid!

If we finish top, and win a home prelim, it'll be Friday night.

In 2012 the Hawks finished top and had to play on the Saturday (against us) which wasn't fair. Since then the highest ranked prelim final is the Friday night.

The 8 day break for the top team is not set in stone.

Previously the AFL has used a broad range of factors when programming the Prelims. I seem to recall one year when they switched it so the travelling team had a full 7 days to recover ( Cough maximise television audience Cough advantage to Victorian team).
Or perhaps I'm paranoid!

Yes I vaguely remember this bs by the AFL. Its not set in stone, with that said I think it will hinge on the final 4.

If we finish top, and win a home prelim, it'll be Friday night.

In 2012 the Hawks finished top and had to play on the Saturday (against us) which wasn't fair. Since then the highest ranked prelim final is the Friday night.

No but I think last year had we beaten the Swans we were scheduled for a Friday night prelim.

Friday night prelim is not set in stone.

Have been hammering that since August 2016. Twas the excuse that was used for taking injured Brown, Sauce, JJ and a cooked Thommo into a sudden death final against Sydney last year. I doubt they can just dump the policy. Continuity is still a viable excuse amongst the supporter base.

Playing injured players in September will kill us. You could carry one, but really no more than that. Even then it would have to be a blue chip player, where playing at 80% is better than 400kay at 100%.

Interesting discussion on SEN Pure Footy in regards to Alex Keath. Keath according to Glenn Luff from champion data was the best defender in the league last week.Daniher normally averages 10.1 ratings points per 100minutes. Keath kept him to negative .1
This from a guy that that has played a handful of games. Great effort Keath and well done Hamish Ogilvie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I am not mistaken thats not entirely true.

Finishing top and winning in Week 1 means that you should be playing the prelim on a Friday night. ie an 8 day break.

I could be wrong, but I think thats how it works.

With that said, finishing 1st or 2nd is largely irrelevant in the sense that we wont have to travel for a prelim if we win in week 1.

I would rather finish 2nd and get the players closer to 100% injury free.
Which 8-day break are you talking about?

If we win the QF, then we have a 2-week break before the PF, while we wait for the Semi Finalists to be decided. We would, however, have an 8 day break between the PF (Friday) and the GF (Saturday).

Which 8-day break are you talking about?

If we win the QF, then we have a 2-week break before the PF, while we wait for the Semi Finalists to be decided. We would, however, have an 8 day break between the PF (Friday) and the GF (Saturday).
Winning in week 1.

then winning in week 3 and having an 8 day break before a gf.

I thought that was obvious?

Remember all the anti-club posters predicting that the selectors wouldn't be able to resist the temptation of playing Thommo for every game this year? Even when the club said that he was no longer an automatic selection, and that his primary role would be player/coach in the SANFL...

How many games did he end up playing?

Remember all the anti-club posters predicting that the selectors wouldn't be able to resist the temptation of playing Thommo for every game this year? Even when the club said that he was no longer an automatic selection, and that his primary role would be player/coach in the SANFL...

How many games did he end up playing?

1 more than he should have

Yeah, I wondered about that.

The selectors have clearly decided Cheney will play finals if required ahead of Doedee based 100% on experience/perceived readiness for the next level.

If you listened to JJ on AA Tuesday night , He said Doedee would be ready to go next year, the major issue he needed to work on was his disposal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back