Preview Changes v the ALL CONQUERING MIGHTY DEMONS !

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys,

Sorry for the intrusion or if this isn't the thread for fantasy talk but I'm wondering what's going on with the Skipper?

Ziebell seemed to rack it up at will as a back pocket/flanker but, other than the Swans game as a shock tactic, this forward move is doing nothing for anyone.

Is there any chance he moves back or is he stuck in the forward 50 this year?

As I posted in autopsy thread, we thrashed Port in clearances, and slightly higher in tackles.

To me that is a big improvement on the previous week, as it shows a clear increase in work rate.

However what we are doing when winning these clearances though is a massive (yes, massive) concern.

Our ball use and complete inability to rack up uncontested possessions is horrible.

Whether it's the gameplan or simply the lack of class ball users, i'm not too sure.

Maybe it is a combination of both.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the intrusion or if this isn't the thread for fantasy talk but I'm wondering what's going on with the Skipper?

Ziebell seemed to rack it up at will as a back pocket/flanker but, other than the Swans game as a shock tactic, this forward move is doing nothing for anyone.

l think he will stay in the forward line for the near future..North dont have a lot of options , most are injured. However l think as soon as Comben, Xerri are aavailable then he may return to the backline..In short if you have him, get rid of him..

Brown bailed when it got tough. Poor character. fu** him.

Money hungry and demanding

He clearly didn't want to go to the hub with everything in his personal life which was completely fair enough. He shouldn't have gone.

But he went because he was coming out of contract and was demanding years and amount and didn't think he would get that by not going, what happened in the hub saw him play terribly (he was dropped) and his behavior was poor.

We came back with an amount and years, he wasn't happy with it so we called his bluff.

There are two people to blame for Ben not still being at North. And they are Ben and his manager.

As I posted in autopsy thread, we thrashed Port in clearances, and slightly higher in tackles.

To me that is a big improvement on the previous week, as it shows clear work rate.

What we are doing when winning these clearances though is a massive concern.

Our ball use and complete inability to rack up uncontested possessions is horrible.

Whether it's the gameplan or simply the lack of class ball users, i'm not too sure.

Maybe it is a combination of both.

We’re not covering the ground without the ball. All duck no diner.

That could be a product of so many on ball rotations. I like it as a strategy but it’ll take longer for it to click.

Yes that is true, I was more meaning we regularly have too many players chasing the ball in each contest/clearance.

It not only leaves us very limited in outside options but even worse, completely exposed if we do lose the clearance as opposition players deliberately sit off us, and then open us up big time.

This has been happening for years now, not just under Noble.

Yes that is true, I was more meaning we regularly have too many players chasing the ball in each contest/clearance.

It not only leaves us very limited in outside options but even worse, completely exposed if we do lose the clearance as opposition players deliberately sit off us, and then open us up big time.

This has been happening for years now, not just under Noble.

The difference is now our young mids have genuine pace and their ability to spread from the contest will come as they get more preseasons under their belt. With Scott we had purely tough but slow mids.

Despite this terrible season I still believe our midfield will be elite in 2 or 3 years. Just too much talent for it not to be.

The difference is now our young mids have genuine pace and their ability to spread from the contest will come as they get more preseasons under their belt. With Scott we had purely tough but slow mids.

Despite this terrible season I still believe our midfield will be elite in 2 or 3 years. Just too much talent for it not to be.
Although I agree with the potential that our midfield will be elite, it's not real until that potential is realised.

I'm sure when the Dees got Trengove and Scully they were thinking they'd be elite too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is where the quick hands of BC and TP are incredibly valuable. We all know how good they are in tight, just imagine TP dishing out to JHF. The selectors might even allow it this week :)

It was this game last year that really changed the direction of our season.

Even if we don’t win if we can show some real fight and hunger. Will go a long way in setting us up for salvaging something out of this year and giving us hope.

I reckon we're in with a shot this week, we're only lining up against the Narrm Football Club who as far as I can tell from my research have never even played a game at the highest level. It's on.

Brown bailed when it got tough. Poor character. fu** him.
No. We withdrew our original offer and offered him * off money. Something like 500K a year for 2 years. He obviously got it wrong with the original contract but then we made him leave. i don't think he wanted to go at any point, even after he left.

But you know what ... I was against it at the time but it was the right decision. He's kicked 40 goals since he left us. Not even played a full season yet. We'd have paid over a million dollars for that going off our original offer.

I reckon we're in with a shot this week, we're only lining up against the Narrm Football Club who as far as I can tell from my research have never even played a game at the highest level. It's on.
Unless it's against a bunch of Vietnam Vets - pretty sure they'd still be tougher than our lot, and deadset cranky too I'd reckon. And rightly so.

Round 10 v Melbourne

Total:
Played: 164 Won: 77 Lost: 86 Tied: 1 Last: 73 v 103 (2021)
At Marvel Stadium: Played: 8 Won: 8 Lost: 0 Tied: 0 Last: 123 v 93 (2014)
In Round 10: Played: 6 Won: 1 Lost: 5 Tied: 0 Last: 104 v 140 (1992)

NMFC v Melbourne in the AFL Era (1990-2021)

Total
Played: 49 Won: 30 Lost: 17 Tied: 0 Last: 73 v 103 (2021)
At Marvel Stadium: Played: 8 Won: 8 Lost: 0 Tied: 0 Last: 123 v 93 (2014)
In Round 10: Played: 1 Won: 0 Lost: 1 Tied: 0 Last: 104 v 140 (1992)

Highest Score: 31.14-200 (Round 14, 1990) vs 10.13-73
Lowest Score: 5.5-35 (Round 11, 2020) vs 13.14-92
Biggest Win: 127 points – 200 to 73 (Round 14, 1990)
Biggest Loss: 70 points – 112 to 182 (Round 5, 1991)
Lowest Winning Score: 11.10-76 (Round 19, 2017) vs 10.12-72
Highest Losing Score: 17.18-120 (Round 2, 2000) vs 23.7-145
Lowest Score Against: 4.4-28 (Round 18, 2013) vs 22.18-150
Highest Score Against: 28.14-182 (Round 5, 1991) vs 17.10-112
Best Quarter: 11.7-73 (2nd Quarter, Round 17, 2000) vs 2.3-15
Highest Scoring Game: 294 points (Round 5, 1991) - 112 to 182
Most Goals in a Game: 14 - John Longmire (Round 14, 1990)
Biggest H&A Attendance: 36,042 (Round 17, 1998) at MCG
Finals
1998 Second Preliminary Final - North Melbourne 17.12-114 d Melbourne 12.12-84 (MCG)
2000 Second Preliminary Final - Melbourne 23.18-156 d Kangaroos 17.4-106 (MCG)
2002 Second Elimination Final - Melbourne 18.14-122 d Kangaroos 11.18-84 (MCG)
AFL Players for both teams (1990-2021)
Shaun Smith, Paul Bryce, Alastair Clarkson, Robert Pyman, Martin Pike, Byron Pickett, Shannon Motlop, Cameron Pedersen, Ben Brown, Corey Wagner, Braydon Preuss, Dom Tyson

Hey guys,

The classic SC question on another club's board. I've also been known to engage in such behaviour, so no judgement from me. Fwiw I reckon he's past it in just about every position. He racks it up in defence but is crap 1 on 1 and loves skying his kicks. As a forward he's ineffectual, as a midfielder he's too slow and not damaging enough. He does the least damage to the team up forward so that's where we put him. Ideally he'd be out of the 22, but we have a serious deficiency in leaders who are also good players, so he stays in out of the team's need for his leadership

IN: Hall McKay Simpkin Comben JHF Phillips
OUT: Atu Walker Mahony Young Turner Hayden

* it just play Hall, McKay, Comben and Phillips. We literally stand nothing to lose and everything to gain. Im not rushing Greenwood back in either.

B: Hall McKay Scott
HB: McDonald Corr Perez
C: Stephenson Davies-Uniacke Simpkin
HF: Thomas Comben Horne-Francis
F: Ziebell Larkey Zurhaar
R: Goldstein Phillips Powell
I: Taylor Anderson Curtis CCJ
S: Greenwood

Hey guys,

I think he’s going to the Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

Back