Preview Changes v The Bye....and Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming Burton will be ok with the week off.

Out - DBJ
In - Bergman or Garner

Can't wait for the day we can select Butters and X...❤

I can't see garner playing afl this year

DBJ played a better game today I thought. He isn’t getting dropped. Far out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Defensively he had a mare, but he got plenty of it and ran hard the other way. Should come good, but needs to get back to basics.

I just hope the coaches spend the next 2 weeks trying to understand why our forward press/team defence is failing so miserably, and why as such our ability to lock the ball in our forward half has completely disappeared.
Because we're going taller up forward, butters isnt up there providing energy and pressure and the stand rule can render players as traffic cones.

Because we're going taller up forward, butters isnt up there providing energy and pressure and the stand rule can render players as traffic cones.
A lot of the poor forward defending is coming from the hands of marking contests where our forwards (tall and small) are letting their opponents run away easily.

Defensively he had a mare, but he got plenty of it and ran hard the other way. Should come good, but needs to get back to basics.

I thought he improved a bit from what he showed against Collingwood. There were a couple poor defensive efforts but I think he is a long way from being dropped.

Admittedly, he is long way off 2020 form but he set a high bar last year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just hope the coaches spend the next 2 weeks trying to understand why our forward press/team defence is failing so miserably, and why as such our ability to lock the ball in our forward half has completely disappeared.
Because we are now playing more talks and more Crumbing/Class/Cherry on top small forwards... how many games did Marshall, Dixon, Georgie play together last year, add to that Ladhams at times this year... then Razz isn’t the best Forward 50 defender in the Leauge...

I’d really like to drop DBJ for a couple of weeks.
Just destroy the illusion he owns a spot in the starting line up and we don’t think we can do better.

Burton hamstring? That’s 2 weeks if genuine Riley Knight?

Sneak Lycett in the team wearing Peter La
A lot of the poor forward defending is coming from the hands of marking contests where our forwards (tall and small) are letting their opponents run away easily.

We have no one at the drop zone behind the marking contest. It's appalling.

Yes because correcting our form in the second half of the year has been a hallmark of the Hinkley era.

I thought bonner was good. Probably provides a bit more of a spark than Bergman does at this stage

There was a marking contest right near the boundary in front of the members stand (I think it was the last) between Bonner and opponent. As the ball travelled through the air I said to my friend "bet Bonner loses this", and he did. He was so easily nudged under the ball and his opponent turned and took off. At worst he could have forced the ball over the boundary.
He just looks so feeble and gets out bodied so easily. Give me Bergman any day.

Last edited:
Out: guarding space and allowing a chain of uncontested possessions all the way up the ground that lead to scores

In: team pressure

Out: guarding space and allowing a chain of uncontested possessions all the way up the ground that lead to scores

In: team pressure
I saw at one point DBJ was standing on the spot 1m away from the player with the ball, instead of taking a step forward and tackling the guy, he was guarding space. It looked really bad.

I saw at one point DBJ was standing on the spot 1m away from the player with the ball, instead of taking a step forward and tackling the guy, he was guarding space. It looked really bad.

People flippantly talk about the game turning into netball, well....this is pretty much netball tactics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back