Unofficial Preview Changes v The Dogs, round 4 in Ballarat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll use the opportunity of our first win and the endorphins available to remind everyone that there's still plenty of previews that we need posters for this year!

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Very hard to omit players after such a gutsy effort.

Ins- Oscar McInerney, Jarrod Berry, Darcy Gardiner.

Outs- Connor Ballenden, Jack Payne, Lincoln McCarthy.

Ballenden a no brainer for O, I thought Adams was great so Payne has to go, Linc was way down tonight, don't expect him to be omitted though, they'll probably go Berry Jnr out for Berry Snr.

Very hard to omit players after such a gutsy effort.

Ins- Oscar McInerney, Jarrod Berry, Darcy Gardiner.

Outs- Connor Ballenden, Jack Payne, Lincoln McCarthy.

Ballenden a no brainer for O, I thought Adams was great so Payne has to go, Linc was way down tonight, don't expect him to be omitted though, they'll probably go Berry Jnr out for Berry Snr.

Reckon the following would give us more run and grunt:

Big O for Ballenden
Bez for Payne

Possibly also Diz (if fit) for Froggy - not that Froggy has done much wrong.

But hey, I have been completely wrong about these things nearly every week!

Going to be tough at the selection table with McInerney, Gardiner and J.Berry all back. O for Ballenden an easy one. Gardiner for Payne I also think is logical given how well Adams and Lester played tonight. Who does JBerry come in for though? Would be stiff to drop Dev or T.Berry. May have to be the brothers who swap unfortunately. I think I'd sooner drop McCarthy though who has been pretty average thus far. I like the defensive work rate of Tom Berry and the pressure he applies. Don't think we can drop Dev after that performance.

I also question playing all of Andrews, Gardiner, Lester, Adams, Rich and Birchall. That is a very slow backline. I don't think we can drop any of them at this point though. For me it would probably be Birchall for a faster player such as Madden or Answerth, however, Birchall did get his kicking game going as tonight's match wore on and he offers a big point of difference with that. I liked what Adams offered. Grew in confidence throughout the match and was huge in the last quarter, he defended like a mad man.

Spot on. Dogs a very quick small team. Fullerton is the unlucky one but j.berry needs to come in
Ditto, Berry comes in no ifs or buts about and against the doggies who've got the old but still ever-reliable Martin and young English the Big O/Daniher combo might be enough for us in the rucking department

Does anyone think Charlie hay be in trouble for that high tackle?

Totally accidental and incidental contact but in the current trigger happy environment, nothing would surprise.

I thought the GWS guy was really unlucky to get done for his supposed bump on Fyfe.

Got 2 weeks anyway and then Tim Watson weighed in with a monumental spray, basically saying he should have got life

Amazing how when the "stars" are the victims, the narrative is vastly different than when they are the perpetrators.

After he got 2 for that really crude bump on the Crows player, the Dangerfield apologists came out of the woodwork to defend him

"just a football act"

"Danger wouldn't have "meant it"

"Kelly should have seen it coming and not got himself into that position" (victim blaming)

"Paddy is a great guy" (and so automatically qualifies for the good bloke exemption)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming they’re fit I’d go with

In: McInerney, Gardiner, Berry
Out: Ballenden, Lester, Ah Chee (sub)

Dogs actually have a pretty tall forward line with Bruce, Naughton, English and the Bont so would like to Andrews, Payne, Adams and Gardiner down there. Lester has been serviceable but Gardiner is an upgrade.

Tough on Ah Chee but someone has to make way to bring Berry in to the midfield rotations and probably the only other option was Robertson

I'd consider dropping both Ballenden and Fullarton, both didn't offer anything last night and Fullarton has been poor for a while. Has Payne ever been tried out in the ruck, or up forward? He has the height and the body to ruck. I wonder if he'd be worth giving a go in either of those positions.

I'd consider dropping both Ballenden and Fullarton, both didn't offer anything last night and Fullarton has been poor for a while. Has Payne ever been tried out in the ruck, or up forward? He has the height and the body to ruck. I wonder if he'd be worth giving a go in either of those positions.

I think we like to have a second ruck without having to move our fragile number 1 forward into the ruck for too long. Especially until Oscar is back to full fitness I think we’ll need Fullarton or McStay

I think we like to have a second ruck without having to move our fragile number 1 forward into the ruck for too long. Especially until Oscar is back to full fitness I think we’ll need Fullarton or McStay
Yes, if you read the rest of the comment, I'm asking about the feasibility of moving Payne into that position.

I also question playing all of Andrews, Gardiner, Lester, Adams, Rich and Birchall. That is a very slow backline. I don't think we can drop any of them at this point though. For me it would probably be Birchall for a faster player such as Madden or Answerth, however, Birchall did get his kicking game going as tonight's match wore on and he offers a big point of difference with that. I liked what Adams offered. Grew in confidence throughout the match and was huge in the last quarter, he defended like a mad man.
Agree 100% it is too slow we appear to rely on kicking out of the backline instead of running.

Nahh he was trying to tap the ball and the Umpire acknowledged that too. Hopefully all good.

Why do posters keep bringing up what the umpire said? He’s not the MRO. Dangerfield and Reid didn’t even give away frees but got suspended.

Why do posters keep bringing up what the umpire said? He’s not the MRO. Dangerfield and Reid didn’t even give away frees but got suspended.

If the review based on replays, then what's being said right after will come to play too in my view.

Commentator reaction is another one which I look for, don't remember anyone saying Charlie to be in trouble.

If the review based on replays, then what's being said right after will come to play too in my view.

Commentator reaction is another one which I look for, don't remember anyone saying Charlie to be in trouble.

Probably comes down to the medical report but there seemed to be a fair bit of force involved. If bracing yourself when someone running into you can get you 2 weeks then an arm swing when trying to hit the ball could be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back