Unofficial Preview Changes v The Dogs, round 4 in Ballarat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll use the opportunity of our first win and the endorphins available to remind everyone that there's still plenty of previews that we need posters for this year!

Quigley is right in (apart from the Suns at the moment) there are not many softer starts for a young ruck than the dogs at the moment.

Honestly no idea on what I would do for selection this week. We dont usually make too many changes after a win and most of the players I thought should have been dropped, played well.

If Oscar is fit then its a no brainer that he is in for Ballenden. If he was really fit, then I would also drop Fullerton for another runner.

Berry should be an automatic selection but I dont know who to drop. I have been saying Mitch for a while, but he played well. Dev did well on debut and we should be keeping him developing. Tough choice

Even tougher is in defence. Gardiner should be an in, but I already think we were too tall. Lester and Adams played well. Payne I think has done fairly well with good pace on quick forwards. No idea how we can play them all.

We all know that when Stef was traded, Oscar immediately became one of our most important players and that hasn’t changed since.
So I am hoping he gets up because we do really need him in the team.

I'd probably have Neale ahead of him. Archie isn't that bad and we just beat Collingwood away with 4 hitouts

Quigley is right in (apart from the Suns at the moment) there are not many softer starts for a young ruck than the dogs at the moment.

Honestly no idea on what I would do for selection this week. We dont usually make too many changes after a win and most of the players I thought should have been dropped, played well.

If Oscar is fit then its a no brainer that he is in for Ballenden. If he was really fit, then I would also drop Fullerton for another runner.

Berry should be an automatic selection but I dont know who to drop. I have been saying Mitch for a while, but he played well. Dev did well on debut and we should be keeping him developing. Tough choice

Even tougher is in defence. Gardiner should be an in, but I already think we were too tall. Lester and Adams played well. Payne I think has done fairly well with good pace on quick forwards. No idea how we can play them all.

I think Gardiner comes in for one of Payne / Adams. While not much separates them, I believe Adams has been the marginally better performer of late. If the coaching group takes the view it's a split decision, I think they would be inclined to give the nod to Payne to fast track his development. In saying that, Adams has a few years of good football in him.

I feel a player of Answerth's ability could be an essential inclusion given the state of the game in 2021. That is, small/agile shutdown types with pace.

IN: Big O, J Berry, Gardiner, Answerth
OUT: Ballenden, T Berry (stiff), Payne, Birchall (rested - does not deserved to be dropped based on a great showing last week).

Really feel for the coaching group this week.

100%

If Birchall's fit and on song he's still as good as we've got . Very good on his good days like last week. There's seriously no comparison between Answerth and Birchall unless Answerth has really improved his disposal. Even so....

Was it Birchall who had registered one of our fastest speeds a week or so back? Think it was Birchall and Daniher as the top 2

Was it Birchall who had registered one of our fastest speeds a week or so back? Think it was Birchall and Daniher as the top 2

Yep.
Shows how little the team effort was against Sydney.
It wasn't Sydney. I think it was Geelong - after Daniher got his goal running into an open goal.

I reckon it'll be O, B1 (J Berry) and Dizzy in for Ballenden, B2 (T Berry) and Payne. Stiff on B2 but I'd rather keep Dev in the side and someone has to go. Stiff on Payne but this will be a tough match and I'd rather go with Adams' experience. Plus it's a revenge game for Adams, he might be very motivated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back