Preview Changes v The Filth

Remove this Banner Ad

Also Vandenberg has been ******* awful too this year, I was happy to give him a couple games to get back into form like 2018 but he is just staying at a bog average level. Unbelievable how poor goodwin is at selecting a side, watch us be s**t till we change the balance back to like the North game and suddenly the dumb campaigner will wonder why we look a 5 goal better side.

So we drop Rivers in order to put Lever back to CHB so he can’t play as a third tall like he did last week and played very well? We keep Harmes and drop Hannan? Right. Viney in is fine. Really, should’ve been;

In - Preuss, Viney, Bennell
Out - Jackson, Harmes, AVB

So we just load our team with half a dozen slow midfielders and go back to the pre Adelaide mindset that we can fu** with a good thing because all of a sudden we are doing a 2018?

If we win this game I’ll see Peppa pig hurtling across the sky tomorrow evening as I head out to search for which planet I can locate with my telescope. I actually have a telescope, that wasn’t sarcastic.

I have binoculars. And a scope on my high powered air rifle I ordered on Amazon. I am not allowed to own firearms as I do not have a greencard!

Agree with many comments here. Pies leg speed and spread is a real danger. Playing too many plodders could stuff us up. And if our backs don’t get support from a hard running midfield Pies quick running players will swarm into their inside 50 and create havoc. Have a bad feeling about this.

Terry Wallace is the only commentator I've heard who has questioned our team selections. I'm gobsmacked by this. It's an issue week in week out and the changes this week again are baffling and literally looks like we are trying to lose this game. Why can fans see this yet the guys getting paid big $$ to pick the side can't? Does this only happen at Melbourne? It's bizarrely frustrating to be letdown nearly every week before the game even starts..

Lockhart has been excellent this year, to be fair. Plays a great team role and has essentially overtaken Nev. Neat user of the football, but also heaps of 1%ers - shepherds, smothers, spoils. I would have liked to have found room for Rivers too, though

Also v annoyed at the changes. Maybe Goody expects Preuss to dob goals from 65 all game making half-forwards like Hannan redundant?
Rivers stiff too, I like Lockhart but he's hardly set the world alight down back.
Harmes, Jones and Vanders better all 20 & 3 after the sh*t they've dished up lately.
Hard to imagine what else Harmes and AVB have to do to get dropped they have both been pathetic this year, neither of theses blokes offer anything that would give the pies coach cause for concern in a way Hannan or Bennell can, this obsession with tackling, pressure and contested footy at the expense of everything else is beyond a joke.

I hope the ball doesn’t get out in space to much or hit the ground in our forward line, based on the selected team it could get ugly if it does

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to imagine what else Harmes and AVB have to do to get dropped they have both been pathetic this year, neither of theses blokes offer anything that would give the pies coach cause for concern in a way Hannan or Bennell can, this obsession with tackling, pressure and contested footy at the expense of everything else is beyond a joke.

I hope the ball doesn’t get out in space to much or hit the ground in our forward line, based on the selected team it could get ugly if it does
Exactly. Great point re coaching. At least with two dangerous forwards who can kick a couple each and get away from you you’ve got to work your backline harder to stop them. Now it’s just vanilla with a slow AVB and a non damaging Harmes.

Terry Wallace is the only commentator I've heard who has questioned our team selections. I'm gobsmacked by this. It's an issue week in week out and the changes this week again are baffling and literally looks like we are trying to lose this game. Why can fans see this yet the guys getting paid big $$ to pick the side can't? Does this only happen at Melbourne? It's bizarrely frustrating to be letdown nearly every week before the game even starts..
As much as people make fun of him he knows what he's talking about and I've often agreed with him in the past with selection. Earlier in the year he couldn't understand why we weren't playing weid and sure enough we look a lot better with him in the team.

Exactly. Great point re coaching. At least with two dangerous forwards who can kick a couple each and get away from you you’ve got to work your backline harder to stop them. Now it’s just vanilla with a slow AVB and a non damaging Harmes.
Pies don’t have a key forward to speak of and have been getting by on kicking 5 to 6 goals a game, it appears instead of trying to out score them by kicking 8 to 10 ourselves our s**t coach has decided if we can just slow everything down and make it contest after contest we can hold them to 4 goals and maybe not lose. Hope that’s not the case but it sure as s**t looks like it from the outside

Why is everyone mad about Hannan? He's unwell.

Well. Probably cost it's the first we've heard about it? It did say omitted next to his name in the changes didn't it..

What's he come down with?

Well. Probably cost it's the first we've heard about it?

Not sure. Just what the AFL website team sheet says. Did it say omitted before? Must have been updated.

Well. Probably cost it's the first we've heard about it? It did say omitted next to his name in the changes didn't it..

Happy to be proven wrong but don’t remember it being listed as illness yesterday, makes it even more of a head * that Harmes and AVB are still playing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back