Changes v the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Hill had a poor game but I wouldn't drop him as he's had a decent year. I wouldn't mind if Ellis and Selwood were outs. Neither have been particularly good this season.

IN: Duggan, Butler
OUT: Hutchings, Rosa

Selwood or Ellis to sub.

Hill was very poor but I'm guessing it may have had something to do with the events of the last couple of weeks. He's a confidence player - dropping him probably wouldn't do much good given we don't have small forwards lining up to replace him right now.

Reckon Sinclair has been very average lately but I gather Lycett still isn't ready to come back?

Hills last 3 weeks have been average. Ever since Darling came back the other forwards haven't been that great apart from Lecras. Do we replace him with a forward type or a mid?

In: duggan
Out: selwood or rosa

Would love to bring in barass and have him take out cloke. Would be delicious haha

He's passable as a back-up ruckman but there is a clear shift in our tempo when Naitanui isn't contesting in the ruck and often results in strings of goals being kicked against us.

Yeah and the swing is to be expected, no one will be as good as NicNat. That's why he needs to do something up forward but he isn't doing it of late and defensively he's the weak link.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect that it was the occasion that got to Hill and I promised myself before the game I wouldn't give it to anyone from either side who had a shocker.

Having said that if it's 'the occasion' that gets to you you're not much use in finals.

Someone has to go for Duggan though, and probably Butler. Hutchings was last in so he can be first out. Rosa was a good link-man tonight. I also think Selwood is building.

Maybe just Hutchings -> Duggan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back