Preview Changes v Tiggers - Round 7 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably about the same odds that Stone Cold Steve Austin will emerge at half time as our medical sub, smash Dimma in the back with a steel chair, perform the Stone Cold Stunner on Jack Reiwoldt and then scull two cans of beer simultaneously.

View attachment 1114623
So about middling. Have it on good authority that the Rattlesnake is a big fan of Aaron Naughton.

Looks like Cordy and possibly Buku (based on emergencies) are now ahead of Young. The turnaround there is strange considering Young was alright against Brisbane and was dropped after only one below average performance the week after.
Maybe not all that weird a turnaround if you consider that (IMHO) he played a very average game for the VFL side last week.

Trying to get a read on your teamsheet...
As far as I can tell. Smith goes inside to replace Dunkley. Hunter moves up to the wing. West plays his usual fwd role for Hunter?
Lipinksi replaces Jong on the other wing?
Personally think we're best placed having West just replace Dunks' role, Lippy in on a wing replacing where Jong would have been playing last week. Everyone else stays the same.

Praying Schache goes well, if he does bring back Tim on top of the 3 talls. Worst case scenario it’s not working out just move Naughty to play 3rd tall intercept behind the ball. If it works out and all 4 can find a way to have an impact, we’ll be unstoppable.

It sounds tall but it’s not like all 4 would just be sitting in the forward 50, in reality it just means we have 4 talls scattered throughout the front half of the ground, not that hard to cover for run/ground ball contests/defence when they’re supported by 25 A grade mids. Naughty and Schache up the ground, Schache providing repeat leads to be an option while moving the ball, Naughty the contested marking target. Bruce and Tim inside 50. It’s a great mix

Wait, did Doggies just suggest playing Naughton in............Defence?? To the Naughton thread boys! Let’s go!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No BF melts...Worried about this game now.
No melts because these changes send the following message given the injuries or including the injuries. If you become complacent, beware because you are not indispensable, maybe except for Bont, McRae, and a couple of other players. Scott is stilll in because he does what he is told and often it is hard to understand his role. that is why he is in the team, he follows instructions, like a good soldier.

happy with the changes but would have kept McNeil and dropped Scott. McNeil has some impact while Scott has absolutely no impact and any player could play his role whatever it is, and no it is not a pressure fwd. his tackles and pressure acts are too low For that being his one wood.

Bizarre Scott is still in. Couldn’t even tell you what his best position is or where he’s been playing...
He's a hole-plugger, utility, defensive player.

We sometimes move Daniel forward to break a tag (he's been tagged virtually in all 5 games this year)
We move JJ around sometimes where we need more run, or depending on how we structure our midfield - if we bring one from the forward line on the ball, then the wing needs to be an outside, not an inside player. If the forward stays forward, than the wing naturally becomes more of an inside mid like Smith.

When you move the magnets around like that you need the player you've taken off the board to slip into the final slot to be someone who can do what Scott is doing - understand his role on any line of the ground and play a role.

Not to say that I think he's playing pretty well, I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

I think the changes were basically as expected as the week went on, but surprised with Hannan getting the nod. Hopefully he’s got and the body holds up, it’s a big game to come into underdone for the role he plays.

Some big outs but still a decent looking team, about our strongest available

Great changes. Very happy for Schache to be getting a shot.

I saw footage of Grimes running yesterday and he looked like s**t. Wouldn't be shocked if he's either a late out or not up to his usual standards.

He's a hole-plugger, utility, defensive player.

We sometimes move Daniel forward to break a tag (he's been tagged virtually in all 5 games this year)
We move JJ around sometimes where we need more run, or depending on how we structure our midfield - if we bring one from the forward line on the ball, then the wing needs to be an outside, not an inside player. If the forward stays forward, than the wing naturally becomes more of an inside mid like Smith.

When you move the magnets around like that you need the player you've taken off the board to slip into the final slot to be someone who can do what Scott is doing - understand his role on any line of the ground and play a role.

Not to say that I think he's playing pretty well, I'm just playing devil's advocate here.
Great summation of Scott's role because it is something of a head scratcher given his output but certainly understandable with the variability of the role. The question I have is do we have anyone at the club that would be better in this role? Duryea is probably the only one I can can think of, and only then after Williams returns from injury.

I think the changes were basically as expected as the week went on, but surprised with Hannan getting the nod. Hopefully he’s got and the body holds up, it’s a big game to come into underdone for the role he plays.

Some big outs but still a decent looking team, about our strongest available
In a rare feat I picked Hannan as an inclusion. I checked his vital stats and was surprised to see that he is 190cm and 88kg. A solid unit.

Hunter to take Jong’s role on the wing.

Lipinski straight swap for Dunkley

West straight swap for McNeil

Hannan takes hunters forward role.

Schache straight swap with English.

That’s what I’m hoping for.

FB: Wood Keath Duryea
HB: Dale Cordy Crozier
C: Smith Macrae Hunter
HF: Hannan Naughton Treloar
FF: West Bruce Schache
R: Martin Bonti Libba