In : Schache

Out : Dunkley
In : west

Out : Scott
In ; garcia

Out ; VDM
In : Hannan

McNeil Sub

Like. VDM but he has been deplorabe since round 3 so he needs time in VFL to regain from. Scott just adds nothing, his pressure is ordinary and is quite in effective in all aspects. He is not in the best 30.

ringa5

CRAZY HORSE
Jun 1, 2009
goldcoast
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It would be the definition of insanity to bring JUH in against a hardened Tigers defence.

He would get chewed up and spat out.
Maybe Schache is more in the plans or even Sweet..
But this precious wrap Jamarra in cotton wool attitude ,is becoming ridiculous.
He could play,can play and in many people's opinions should play.
Against any side and would relish a Friday night blockbuster..

I think the Hannan shouts are too early, he has some work done on his groin the other night in the VFL and his conditioning won’t be up to scratch yet

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Tigers don’t have a back up ruck so we can afford to have Bruce and Schache give Stef a chop out for 5 mins each a quarter.

Out: Jong, Dunkley, English
In: West, Lipinski, Schache

Smith into the guys to find some form and take over Dunkley’s role. Lippa & Hunter to play more wing.

Euku

All Australian
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Jamarra should not absolutely play yet needs more match fitness, just cos hes been kicking goals doesn't mean hes ready, is he talented enough to play yes but anyone who watched the vfl game knows he aint ready and that schache played a much better game, make him earn his spot, we are 6 and 0 with a depth of more experienced forwards, be patient he will play when he plays

Scray89

Debutant
Apr 23, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think I'm done with Smith. He doesn't pressure, doesn't run back hard enough to help the defence, only gives 1 or 2 genuine chases a game. He runs fast with ball in hand and to receive but doesn't really do much with it. He's coasting right now. Hasn't impressed me since round 1 and I'd drop him and get Lipinski to take over that wing.
The whole reason Lipinski gets dropped regularly is because his defensive pressure isn't good enough and he's not suited to playing wing...
Lipinski is an inside midfielder all the way, not a winger. He is competing with Wallis and West to replace Dunkley.

Scray89

Debutant
Apr 23, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Scott was the first game where he actually looked to be contributing, same with McNeil.
Correct, his fumbling all night was a very important contribution.
Cordy has lost confidence, I would n't drop him but I prefer Young or Khamis
Young played a shocker in the reserves. It's no good being a decent intercept player if you're hopeless 1v1.

Apr 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Out: Dunkley (inj), Jong (inj), English (conc.)

In:

Lipinski
Wallis
Sweet (could not be worse than what English was tonight)

On notice - Vandermeer. Something NQR with him

Edit - possibly Cordy out as well for Young.

Came to post this. People are sleeping on Wal.

Scott’s gotta be on notice too. Could swing the axe and bring in West/Hannan

Scray89

Debutant
Apr 23, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Replacing Dunkley cannot/should not be as simple as just picking the next best midfielder from the reserves. Lipinski is not even half as effective as Dunkley defensively, and we have to replace those defensive qualities as best we can if we want to avoid breaking the midfield dynamic that's worked so well for us all year.

For me, either Wallis or West are the natural replacements for Dunkley in midfield, nobody else. Wallis has had his struggles in the forward line lately, but he was moved into the middle for the second half against GWS in the VFL and was top notch.

Scray89

Debutant
Apr 23, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Schache will probably come in for English, but I dread the prospect of seeing him in the ruck.

Scott HAS to go for either Lipinski or West. Beveridge obviously loves his battlers that remind him of himself as a player, but this is a joke now. Fumbled all night and isn't damaging with ball in hand.

JUH isn't ready. Wascookledin the final quarter. Needs kms in the legs.

I'll go with Lippi, West and Schache for English, Jong and Dunks.
McNeil may be rested (was sore and only had 65% TOG).

Its not a question of wrapping him in cotton wool. Its a question of playing him when he's ready to play his role.

So of course he can play on Friday night, its a matter of how effective he would actually be against the best side in the competition.

Let me tell you what is ridiculous. Watching JUH's scratchy form during a game against an understrength GWS seconds side full of top up players and coming to the conclusion that his time is right now.

I think the Hannan shouts are too early, he has some work done on his groin the other night in the VFL and his conditioning won’t be up to scratch yet
Yeah he looked like his minutes were being managed.

Replacing Dunkley cannot/should not be as simple as just picking the next best midfielder from the reserves. Lipinski is not even half as effective as Dunkley defensively, and we have to replace those defensive qualities as best we can if we want to avoid breaking the midfield dynamic that's worked so well for us all year.

For me, either Wallis or West are the natural replacements for Dunkley in midfield, nobody else. Wallis has had his struggles in the forward line lately, but he was moved into the middle for the second half against GWS in the VFL and was top notch.
Lipinski played Dunkley's direct role in the VFL and was BOG so it is not he is the next best midfielder he is an inside mid trying to be played outside when in the AFL team

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Scray89

Debutant
Apr 23, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lipinski played Dunkley's direct role in the VFL and was BOG so it is not he is the next best midfielder he is an inside mid trying to be played outside when in the AFL team

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
There's doing it at VFL level and doing it at AFL level. Lipinski was best on ground in the VFL on the back of consistently elite disposal; at AFL level we need to replace Dunkley's tackling pressure, 1%ers and ferocious attack on the ball. Lipinski is not the best candidate for this, Wallis and West are.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
There's doing it at VFL level and doing it at AFL level. Lipinski was best on ground in the VFL on the back of consistently elite disposal; at AFL level we need to replace Dunkley's tackling pressure, 1%ers and ferocious attack on the ball. Lipinski is not the best candidate for this, Wallis and West are.
Wallis and West could easily come in for Jong and English.

ringa5

CRAZY HORSE
Jun 1, 2009
goldcoast
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Its not a question of wrapping him in cotton wool. Its a question of playing him when he's ready to play his role.

So of course he can play on Friday night, its a matter of how effective he would actually be against the best side in the competition.

Let me tell you what is ridiculous. Watching JUH's scratchy form during a game against an understrength GWS seconds side full of top up players and coming to the conclusion that his time is right now.
And maybe your right.And we have other options.
But as l said we will never know ,as he has been wrapped in cotton wool.
Yes maybe he is not fit enough.l don't know.
I would trust the conditioning staff.
But he is kicking goals.Anyways just my humble opinion.
If l was our vice captain l would see the opening .And sieze it with both hands.
Before he broke his leg in 2016 Wallis was very good in the middle.

And maybe your right.And we have other options.
But as l said we will never know ,as he has been wrapped in cotton wool.
Yes maybe he is not fit enough.l don't know.
I would trust the conditioning staff.
But he is kicking goals.Anyways just my humble opinion.
If l was our vice captain l would see the opening .And sieze it with both hands.
Before he broke his leg in 2016 Wallis was very good in the middle.

Did you see JUH's game on Thursday night?

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Oh, no kidding? And Lipinski could also come in for Jong and English, the same way Jong came in for Lipinski to begin with.

:drunk:
You seem to be ruling out Lipinski despite his vfl game. If you’re saying he should never play inside mid at afl level we may as well get rid now as it’s his best position. VFL and training performances are all we can go on and he’s ticked the vfl box.
We have many ways to pivot. Without even looking at form and just injuries:
English - Schache, Wallis, Sweet or even go smaller with a Hannan or Weightman.
Dunks- West, Wallis, Lipinski, Garcia, or a Butler type and move Baz in to the centre

Jong - Wallis, West, Garcia, Hannan, Weightman.
Then we have the form of VDM, Scott, JJ, Cordy to address.
Cordy at the G worries me.

Back