Preview Changes v Tiggers - Round 7 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

The Wallis situation is seriously awkward. I agree with the decision not to play him but you can't help feeling bad for him. He's a really likeable character, a great clubman from all reports, a great trainer/hard worker, a father/son who really loves the club. But success comes at a price and if we want to be a serious team we have to be able to make the cold and unpalatable decisions.

Missing the flag with that horrific broken leg was just awful luck and he did an amazing job to come back from that. He managed to reinvent himself as a player and becoming our leading goalkicker which was a tremendous feat. It's a brutal industry though. I really hope for his sake he can get to a club where he can thrive.

Well there might be a spot for him now that Dunkley is out. But he needs to be in top form and will probably need to contend with a few others for that spot. Does appear as though it's inside mid or bust now given the number of tall forwards and general defenders.

Wallis isn’t a midfielders a-hole anymore. If he’s getting games, it’s up fwd. Especially with our stacked midfield where players like Hunter and Smith can barely get a look in on the inside, which is where Wallis was suited to when he was up and about as a midfielder.

Wallis isn’t a midfielders a-hole anymore. If he’s getting games, it’s up fwd. Especially with our stacked midfield where players like Hunter and Smith can barely get a look in on the inside, which is where Wallis was suited to when he was up and about as a midfielder.
Well he does basically nothing in a tall forward line. It's almost impossible for him to effective with the current forward line structure. His only bet is to somehow recapture his best as an inside mid. Not that I think that's likely to happen, but I think that's the only way unless forward line is decimated by injuries.

Glad Schache gets another opportunity but by god he has to make the most of this.

Through no fault of his own the KPF depth is at an all time high and he needs a really solid outing to keep his spot. An underpar game might mean the last game he plays at senior level (for us).

He should get an undersized opponent so I'm looking for him to hit the scoreboard as well as being a marking threat. Needs to make undersized Grimes/Broad accountable!

Well he does basically nothing in a tall forward line. It's almost impossible for him to effective with the current forward line structure. His only bet is to somehow recapture his best as an inside mid. Not that I think that's likely to happen, but I think that's the only way unless forward line is decimated by injuries.

He needs to adjust his fwd craft. He was a third tall/marking option the last few years.
The fwd nous is there, just needs to change it up to include a high pressure and ground game. Which is probably what he needs to bring as an inside mid anyway.
Better to become better at what you know well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was good as pseudo tall last year. Just better players ahead of him currently.

Not even named as an emergency the past few weeks (in fact I think at all since he was dropped).

I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get another run but right now is right off the radar.

Not even named as an emergency the past few weeks (in fact I think at all since he was dropped).

I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get another run but right now is right off the radar.

I hadn’t actually thought about him not being emg. It is a bit strange.

As well as the drop in form, he may not be doing enough of what’s required to get back to where he was the last few years.
Could be attitude related. Unlikely, but possible.

I hadn’t actually thought about him not being emg. It is a bit strange.

As well as the drop in form, he may not be doing enough of what’s required to get back to where he was the last few years.
Could be attitude related. Unlikely, but possible.
Possibly. Either way it’s brutal. If they’d made him the medical sub here and there and had him as emergency it’d make sense but to be just out like that...

Possibly. Either way it’s brutal. If they’d made him the medical sub here and there and had him as emergency it’d make sense but to be just out like that...

That’s probably where I think it could be attitude related. Not that’s it’s bad, but coaches would have higher expectations so if he’s not meeting them, he’s not getting a look in.

Wallis has absolutely zero look on his face nearly everyone else in the room has the same face.

What a crock of bs, completely made up rubbish.

Thanks MD, we were all waiting for you to weigh in on this.

Not sure how multiple people’s interpretation of a reaction is “a crock of bs” (well put, by the way) but glad we’ve all been enlightened.

We have got this one. Clearly not our best side without Dunks, Williams and Tim. However the tigers are down Martin, Vlastuin, and Lambert, not in good form and not as hungry as us. Twenty point win.

Thanks MD, we were all waiting for you to weigh in on this.

Not sure how multiple people’s interpretation of a reaction is “a crock of bs” (well put, by the way) but glad we’ve all been enlightened.
Agree with MD. Rare event ;). People see what they want to see, or has been suggested they see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back