Preview Changes v Tiggers - Round 7 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

So Hannan has driven a wedge through the playing group? Typical, its probably his massive contract. Let's hope he can turn it on in a Granny like the last bloke whose contract caused all those issues with player retention... until the Western suburbs erupted!

I reckon at MC, someone said "let's bring in Mitch" (meaning Wallis), but everyone else assumed it was Hannan? Smells like a Bevo stuff up, he's obviously lost the players, hence all the weird faces being pulled in videos going back to Daniel's debut. Wouldn't be surprised if players are winning games in spite of him, not because of him. Something smells fishy, especially when selections start consistently aligning with BF group-think. I'm surprised Barrett isn't all over it, or Tom Browne's impeccable sources.

Hunter to take Jong’s role on the wing.

Lipinski straight swap for Dunkley

West straight swap for McNeil

Hannan takes hunters forward role.

Schache straight swap with English.

That’s what I’m hoping for.

FB: Wood Keath Duryea
HB: Dale Cordy Crozier
C: Smith Macrae Hunter
HF: Hannan Naughton Treloar
FF: West Bruce Schache
R: Martin Bonti Libba
IC: Lipinski, Daniel, Scott, JJ

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Wait, did Fronk just suggest playing Naughton in............Attack?? To the Naughton thread boys! Let’s go!

This.

I really hope Lippa is given this assignment. Dunks was throwing his body at every contest, tackling hard and giving numerous repeat efforts. These are all things he tends to miss when he he comes into the side.
Lippa is a very different player to Dunkley.
We don't need to plug and play and exact like for like. Bont perhaps spends a little more time in the middle, Smith, West and Lippi can take some centre rotations, etc.
We already have a logjam for midfield spots without sacrificing Libba/Macrae/Treloar/Bont centre square time to shoehorn Lippi in there for most of his TOG. I'd rather him kicking into the 50 than handballing from a contest anyway.

We don't need to plug and play and exact like for like. Bont perhaps spends a little more time in the middle, Smith, West and Lippi can take some centre rotations, etc.
We already have a logjam for midfield spots without sacrificing Libba/Macrae/Treloar/Bont centre square time to shoehorn Lippi in there for most of his TOG. I'd rather him kicking into the 50 than handballing from a contest anyway.
Same. Even though his speed can be an issue when playing outside, his best trait is still his ball use in space. Much rather West on the inside than Lippy.

Schache could be on a hiding to nothing in this game with the imminent return of English next week. If he plays poorly it's probably back to VFL forever and if he plays well he probably doesn't have a role in a stacked tall forward line when English returns.
Is the best he can hope for to be a replacement when other tall forwards are injured or is there another option for him?

I'd love to be wrong but I really don't think Lipi on-ball is a realistic option.

The most likely change imo is Baz back on-ball, Hannan and Lipi replacing him on the wing, with West predominantly forward and maybe a few token centre bounces.

I'd try West on-ball a bit more but I think Bev would prefer known quantities in our area of biggest strength at this stage.

I'd love to be wrong but I really don't think Lipi on-ball is a realistic option.

The most likely change imo is Baz back on-ball, Hannan and Lipi replacing him on the wing, with West predominantly forward and maybe a few token centre bounces.

I'd try West on-ball a bit more but I think Bev would prefer known quantities in our area of biggest strength at this stage.

It's a tough call. One advantage this week is the Richmond midfielders are quite slow so Lipinski shouldn't be getting burnt out of the middle. That being said Baz out of the centre could be a big advantage for us.

Dunkley has been huge for us this year. I actually think West plays the most like him out of the likely replacements.

Will be interesting to see what ends up happening. I'm tipping Lipinski gets first crack after he tore the VFL to shreds last week.

In some ways, Josh is also competing with Sweet and Martin. Like we have 4 roles for tall ruck/forwards and 6 possibles. If 34yo martin goes down, we need that gorilla ruck option to chop out for Tim, and that could be Sweet, but could also be either of the Joshes.

It's a tough call. One advantage this week is the Richmond midfielders are quite slow so Lipinski shouldn't be getting burnt out of the middle. That being said Baz out of the centre could be a big advantage for us.

Dunkley has been huge for us this year. I actually think West plays the most like him out of the likely replacements.

Will be interesting to see what ends up happening. I'm tipping Lipinski gets first crack after he tore the VFL to shreds last week.
Bailey out of the middle might make us a bit too attacking/one way. Going to be about getting that balance right tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still probably won't Smith to the inside and Monica on the wing
They don't play the old 'one-on-one' anymore. As Lyon gleefully tells us, we are almost bottom of the ladder for one-on-ones in the backline, but have the least number of points kicked against it.

Cordy slots in well, as part of a team. Maybe not one-on-one, but I'd trust him more than a couple of other players who are regularly mentioned for that spot.

I don't even know why you guys are debating who to bring in etc.

You will beat us by ten goals.

We will be missing

Martin, Prestia, Vlastuin, Grimes, Lambert, Edwards

That's 6 of our top 10.

I just hope when you play Melbourne you absolutely flog them, Bulldogs are one team that's impossible to dislike... Last of the true battlers from the suburbs... Deserve every success that comes their way.
Sorry, but that just sounds like pre-game excuses, and that just flat-out ignores our injury woes. I understand, not wanting to pump your tyres, but if the Tiges win, we won't hear the end of it.

Don’t get me wrong, not against JUH not playing but exactly how unfit is he? People are talking like he runs a 10 beep test. Any idea of what his running at combine level was like?
Geez, even as a 39 year-old I ran a beep test of 14. Would struggle to get 10 now tho!

Bailey out of the middle might make us a bit too attacking/one way. Going to be about getting that balance right tonight.
It should be fine, just don't have him in there at the same time as Treloar. Smith with Libba and Macrae has a great balance, especially if you have Martin in there for the follow up

I know nothing Hannan. Why is he in the team and what should we expect?
Caveat that others here will have seen more of him, but on my viewing he's a super quick mid-sizer who's strong through the body and good overhead. Versatile wing/forward with some goal sense. The drawbacks are that he can be a bit scrappy at times and he is versatile to the point of it sometimes being unclear what his actual best role is. He has similar attributes to Jong but plays more within Vandermeer's kind of role.

Opposing view here, I don't think JUH is even close to ready. His poor fitness is coach speak for work rate, which is not there yet. He gets lost and does the old Stringer wait for an easy one out the back way too often, which will (A) give modern, AFL standard intercept defenders absolutely everything that they want; and (B) completely destabilise our forward structure which is predicated on constant movement (and all parties buying into that for the first time in...well, a long time).

He will be brilliant, but he's an 18 (?) year old key forward who has barely played in 12 months. There are some kinks to iron out before he comes into an undefeated AFL side.
18 years old.

The kid will be a star not too far in the future, but let's keep things in perspective: he's not the second coming.

I'd take an 18 year-old Naughton (not that long ago, and I hope JUH is as good as Naughty when he's 20.

Templeton and Grant, both ultra-skinny 17 year-olds. We won't see the like of Chris Grant again for another generation. Was robbed of a Brownlow, could play key positions ... Unbelievable. I'm betting an older, wiser, Granty has already spoken to Troy.

Josh Bruce likes this post.

Their Outs:
Martin
Prestia
Vlastuin
Lambert
Grimes (potentially)

If we lose this without the above playing, we’re not there yet.

For us...

Out:
Dunks
Limey
Jong :'(
VDM

In:
Lip
Rhylee
Shaq
McNeil
Sub: Garcia/Buku/Wal

Scott on notice
You can add Bailey Williams to that list. Arguably as important to the Bulldog's gameplan as any other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back