Preview Changes v Tiggers - Round 7 2021

SupercededMan

Team Captain
May 10, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Schache is ahead of your for selection in the forward line you know you

To be fair did you see Fletcher Roberts in that finals series?
Agreed, he and Hamling, in that kind of form (for the whole finals series, too) would be walk-up starts in ANY AFL side, including ours.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't see West or Lippa getting a heap of midfield minutes. Bevo has loved running the A-gradets through the guts and overwhelming the opposition. We've had fewer players at centre clearances than anyone this year.

Bont. Smith and Treloar will simply get more minutes in the guts. maybe more Hunter on wing, and Lipinski, West and Hannan will be filling in the gaps forward and a little wing.

I reckon Bont will be almost exclusively in the middle this week. Best cover of Dunks physicality and loves the challenge of the Tigers. Has 11 Brownlow votes in his 6 games against them. Step on up Captain

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
I don't think the outs for each team are really that important. I'd say both sides have a similar number of key players out so it will balance out. What will be most interesting about this game is seeing how our system goes against their system. Last year their system made us look second rate despite them missing some key players. But we certainly weren't playing close to as well last year as we are this year. We've had a long time to tinker with and refine our system. Tigers at the MCG is the ultimate pressure test to see if our system can hold up. No other sides pressure and hunt like the Tigers so if we can hold our nerve and execute tonight it will give everyone a lot of belief that the game plan will hold up in September. We'll back in our system to hold up as plan A but I do wonder if we have a plan B and how effective it might be.

Al dente

All Australian
Sep 11, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You can add Bailey Williams to that list. Arguably as important to the Bulldog's gameplan as any other.
Williams English Dunkley = Lambert Prestia Vlastuin, roughly (bnfs back this up)
we have other fringe players out, they dont
Martin out
my conclusion: no excuses for either side

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
a532c5680426322ddfe2801fbff70ce7c3a57dfc

straight to essendon

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He better be given a run of games in the seniors (barring awful form).

Round 1 - Full game (26 touches)
Round 2 - Full game (Average performance)
Round 3 - Injury sub (Played majority of game but still not an ideal preparation)
Round 4 - Injury sub (No game time & was swapped out last minute)
Round 5 - Full game but was a late replacement
Round 6 - VFL

How anyone is supposed to build any sort of consistency and form with that sort of run is beyond me.
4 out of 5 full games not sure what more you need

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Looks like Cordy and possibly Buku (based on emergencies) are now ahead of Young. The turnaround there is strange considering Young was alright against Brisbane and was dropped after only one below average performance the week after.
It was very below

I was at the game and he appeared to be staring into space at times

Back