Preview  Changes v Tiggies

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m sick of those. Been way too many. The frustrating thing is it shows it’s about effort.

Have mentioned it before, but remember 2017?

Team meandering along with all kinds of excuses for poor performance.

Until a crippled Andrew Swallow came back for a couple of games and in the space of 5 minutes showed it was ALL about effort as he kept attacking contests while his fitter younger teammates stood and watched.

I'm looking at it in terms of a development team. Bonar in is good, Wood in is meh, and if Ziebell is fit he's always going to play. The two injuries don't hurt us based on their form and dropping the inanimate carbon rod is a no brainer. Would have liked to have seen a Macmillan or Atley moved aside, but until they burn the incriminating photos they have of whoever it is in power at NMFC that's not happening. Overall, I give it a shrug of the shoulders and a 'whatever'.

Anyone who got to 6.25pm thinking Maj was a chance to play is kidding themselves. When he does come back NMFC will announce it early and soak up the story.

The truth is that Mason is more likely to score 4 goals this week than Bonar is to play a good game. That is based on all exposed evidence thus far. We have all seen Wood shine on a few occasions. Not one of us have ever seen Bonar do squat yet. That’s the sad fact. Like everybody else, I’ve very attracted to the “look” of Bonar and, hopefully, he will deliver on our expectations.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has to be... in theory ziebell and wood have replaced two forwards in campbell and Thomas.... Bonar replaces ahern who played centre/wing

Unfortunately my fear is that they will play JZ in the middle and he will win a bunch of clearances, hack the ball forward and Richmond will sweep it off half back for a goal......

Jack needs to play forward

hoping Bonar plays in the guts alongside Jy all match

Jack has been named in the guts. Unfortunately, that's where he will play, despite no preseason and an understandable lack of fitness. Couple that with his sub par kicking skills and an inability to hand pass to a team mate in space out of a contest and we are f***ed.

I know they are the best in the comp over the past few years but I can't help but look at the team they've put out this weekend and think that they are very beatable.

Strong blue-and-white glasses on admittedly.

They are as they have a fair few out.... need to be confident and take advantage

Jack has been named in the guts. Unfortunately, that's where he will play, despite no preseason and an understandable lack of fitness. Couple that with his sub par kicking skills and an inability to hand pass to a team mate in space out of a contest and we are f***ed.
Where you get named means little

Is it a fitness thing with LDU?

With OP, there is no risk of "doing it again", so in my opinion he should be playing. 16 min quarters i think he could run out the game.

How Hall has kept his spot is beyond me.

The problem is that there’s no junior competition to judge the talent on. The clubs would think know who the 30 best kids in the country are but without any current form the draft is kind of a raffle.

Every year kids bolt up the order and others slide. With no exposed form the kids from pick 1-30 will be close to lottery.

We have 2X first round picks in a draft that’ll be the hardest year to judge talent. fu**
Lets use it as a positive Val, just say we end up with picks 3 and 5.

In ten years time, the person who clearly should've gone number one might have 'slipped through' to to five - simply because this particular year everyone has zero idea who is the standout number one - we might win lotto ;)

Is it a fitness thing with LDU?

With OP, there is no risk of "doing it again", so in my opinion he should be playing. 16 min quarters i think he could run out the game.

How Hall has kept his spot is beyond me.
He's played 1 11 v 11 scratch match and on limited time.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know they are the best in the comp over the past few years but I can't help but look at the team they've put out this weekend and think that they are very beatable.

Strong blue-and-white glasses on admittedly.

Of course we are beatable haha id say you should actually be favs

Missing Prestia, Cotchin, Edwards, Houli, Nankervis, Astbury would seriously diminish any sides chances

You know who’d I’d send to Dusty,
Marley with the promise to get in his head..
I like this.

I'd also have Atley (yes youse read that right) in the mix. Atley is one of the few players I've seen match it with Dusty. He has enough speed that Dusty cant get away from him (which is also a factor in using Marley who can move quick too,) and he is actually physical enough to tackle him, or has been in the past.

In 2017 when no one could tackle Martin Atley did.

Of course we are beatable haha id say you should actually be favs

Missing Prestia, Cotchin, Edwards, Houli, Nankervis, Astbury would seriously diminish any sides chances
It could be argued you're coming up against us at the right time. Our injury list is pretty long without anywhere near the depth you guys have to cover it.

When you are a good, honest side at best Cunnington and Larkey are bigger outs than all of yours combined.

Dusty would absolutely slaughter him, the suggestions are just getting weirder and weirder.
I think you might be surprised. Charlie Cameron could barely get a touch against Marley last year when we played them in r2. Martin has a couple of inches and probably 20 kgs on Cameron but they both play similar elusive type games. He might need support and some intercepting chop outs but I can see it being worth a shot.

I like this.

I'd also have Atley (yes youse read that right) in the mix. Atley is one of the few players I've seen match it with Dusty. He has enough speed that Dusty cant get away from him (which is also a factor in using Marley who can move quick too,) and he is actually physical enough to tackle him, or has been in the past.

In 2017 when no one could tackle Martin Atley did.
Atley to Martin makes sense, Atley strong as an ox and his quick as hell, who knows Dusty might lead him to the ball.
I’d still get Marley to line up on him first bounce, to whisper sweet nothings in his ear for the first few minutes of the game.

I reckon Daw will play & McKay aint far away- :oops: fu** imagine if McKay came good.
That would be good. Tef was bullish on him a couple of years ago when Maj was playing on the backline. Be nice if there was something in that.

Lets use it as a positive Val, just say we end up with picks 3 and 5.

In ten years time, the person who clearly should've gone number one might have 'slipped through' to to five - simply because this particular year everyone has zero idea who is the standout number one - we might win lotto ;)

2X first round picks is always positive. I’m just saying it’s not worth tanking because the first round will be a raffle

It could be argued you're coming up against us at the right time. Our injury list is pretty long without anywhere near the depth you guys have to cover it.

When you are a good, honest side at best Cunnington and Larkey are bigger outs than all of yours combined.

our depth is ok but there comes a tipping point where your stretched too far, and i think we are at it

Even missing Cunnington and Anderson, your midfield should monster our midget crew

Larkey is a big out, but Wood will turn into prime Carey like he always does against us so issue there...

He's played 1 11 v 11 scratch match and on limited time.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
...having been on a very reduced workload for months. I'm surprised he's even considered close. Wonder what they had him doing to keep fitness up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back