Preview  Changes v Tiggies

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s all academic really. Aside from the two screamingly necessary changes (Cunnington and Larkey), any other form of fiddling with the team will have minimal impact until the “Ben & Nick” problem is addressed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Isn't it more who the ball gets to Ben and nick that needs to be addressed.... changes can fix that

It’s all academic really. Aside from the two screamingly necessary changes (Cunnington and Larkey), any other form of fiddling with the team will have minimal impact until the “Ben & Nick” problem is addressed.

I don't think I agree completely. I think it depends. I do agree that Larkey, Maj & Cunnington are critical to our team if we want to play the type of game we are currently implementing. Now whether that is the case in the slightly longer term is a whole other matter.

So I would mix things up a fair bit. Some moves short term, some hoping to find medium-long term.

I am assuming Cunners, Larkey, Maj, LDU, Walker not ready yet but Ziebell and Jed are.

- Walker goes forward for Campbell, Campbell out, McKay into Walker’s spot.

Walker has been good in contests, not sure what he gives us at ground level. Will contest forward for sure. I still have high hopes for McKay. Has talent, throw him in and find out he can we rise.

Not against Walker moving as a one off requirement per se however I think you're underselling his impact. He's not creating a lot but his reliability down back means that Tarrant can provide drive as well as negating - something that we clearly lack significantly. Taking Walker out will reduce Tarrant's ability to create off the back line and potentially do more harm than good. If we see Walker as a backman longterm there is no value in moving him at the moment IMO. As part of an specific in game move, fine. As part of a stop gap to attempt to reduce bleeding on field - not a fan.

Why do people say ssn is shot.... it's a very strange even season.... yes we have to improve but a couple of vital ins will assist there... Carlton went from what 14th to 8th by winning a game

Because with our list and injuries we're not going to finish top 4, not going to challenge for the flag. Blind Freddy can see that. Season is shot.

Carlton have talent on their list and a good coach who knows how to use it.

Because with our list and injuries we're not going to finish top 4, not going to challenge for the flag. Blind Freddy can see that. Season is shot.

True, but the season is so close, that if we could win the next two, it would be very much back alive.

True, but the season is so close, that if we could win the next two, it would be very much back alive.
Even if we did win the next 2 (and I don't think we will), it puts us at 4-4, but with a tough run home.
We haven't traveled to Perth yet, we rarely beat WC and Freo over there.
We haven't played Port yet.
We haven't played Collingwood yet.
We haven't played Brisbane yet.

Our season was done when we dropped 3 games at home.

There is more to it than that! We prob won't finish top four although ess are in it and aren't much further ahead... and it's only two games out.... but not aiming for that, aiming to improve on last year so make finals.... get some finals exp into the kids and also the higher the finish the more likely we are to entice a couple of RFAs or other trade to us ... so plenty to play for ssn is not shot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be pissed if we opt for more shuffling of the deck chairs and leave someone like Bonar to rot in these scratch matches.

Give the kid an extended chance at it and I don't mean implanting him into a dysfunctional half forward line and then on the pine for the rest of the match.

If the season is going down the shitter I want to see TT in at least half the center bounces for the rest of the year.

Daw would just about have to be a certainty. Play him forward for one week, then move him back as the third tall defender when Larkey is fit

Last edited:
I'll be pissed if we opt for more shuffling of the deck chairs and leave someone like Bonar to rot in these scratch matches.

Give the kid an extended chance at it and I don't mean implanting him into a dysfunctional half forward line and then on the pine for the rest of the match.

If the season is going down the shitter I want to see TT in at least half the center bounces for the rest of the year.

I’m getting a whiff of self-preservation with team selections.

The Cunnington in a real low point.

I’m getting a whiff of self-preservation with team selections.

The Cunnington in a real low point.

I'm getting that too.

I have a feeling the changes will be:

In: Ziebell, Anderson, Daw
Out: Taylor, Scott, Campbell

I'm getting that too.

The horror.

What will be retained, is the stodgy ball movement because ‘we want to keep it in tight’, despite the fact we can’t keep the ball in the forward line and defend after a turnover.

The horror.

What will be retained, is the stodgy ball movement because ‘we want to keep it in tight’, despite the fact we can’t keep the ball in the forward line and defend after a turnover.

Or Shaw reverts to playing Ziebell like he did when he took over from Brad.

Ziebell returns into a full time center square midfielder for the remainder of the season.

We charge up the ladder to 11th with some meaningless wins against Freo, Adelaide, Carlton and GC.

I'm getting that too.

No no surely not.... got to give Scott a chance not one in and then out... and Taylor one quiet game leave him..... Campbell of course and hopefully daw..... then must be Bonar and murph turn... noting Bonar is being used in backline again

No no surely not.... got to give Scott a chance not one in and then out... and Taylor one quiet game leave him..... Campbell of course and hopefully daw..... then must be Bonar and murph turn... noting Bonar is being used in backline again

I think if Taylor has been sent in for an MRI on his face, he probably hasn't exactly recovered well from the hit.

Likely to miss more than likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back