HB: Higgins Walker Thomas
C: Polec Simpkin Dumont
HF: Taylor Daw Wood
F: Zurhaar Brown Mahoney
R: Goldy McDonald Cunnington
I: Ahern Hall Ziebell Anderson

So outs are Campbell, McMillan, Williams, Scott, Attley
Ins are Daw, Wood, Cunnington, Ziebell, Anderson
Cunnington will not play, so add Murphy, not that this will happen I think the coaching staff are a little shocked at the moment and not sure how to stop what is happening in our backline.

B: Hayden Tarrant Pittard
HB: Higgins Walker Thomas
C: Polec Simpkin Dumont
HF: Taylor Daw Wood
F: Zurhaar Brown Mahoney
R: Goldy McDonald Cunnington
I: Ahern Hall Ziebell Anderson

So outs are Campbell, McMillan, Williams, Scott, Attley
Ins are Daw, Wood, Cunnington, Ziebell, Anderson
As bad as Scott was I would give him another crack, in one week out the next isn’t going up to him much good.

Cunnington should be on ice until he is 100% ready to go again.

I think Murphy needs another opportunity as well.

Out: Campbell, Macmillan, Dumont, Hall

In:
Daw if fit (McKay as a forward if not), Murphy (Must for remainder of the season)
Bonar
Larkey

I’d like to see Murphy at half back, and push atley to a wing/hf role rotating with Scott on the wing. I know not ideal, but would show what Murphy is capable of, pushes atley up the ground where he has at times shown he can be industrious as a forward. Keeps Scott playing each week in a position he’s likely to continuously play.

Dropping dumont who is not in our bottom 4-5 but also is vanilla (not alone) and we would not be any worse off if the likes of Bonar got an extended run of games given he’s relatively raw still, we know what frog can give us which isn’t poor, but also not game changing.

Paul Ahern gets one more week purely for the fact he can actually kick but is fast becoming known as a soft lazy midfielder.
Just my thoughts.

At some point in time this season I would really like to get a look at this team
B: Hayden Daw JWalker
HB: McDonald Tarrant Vickers-Willis
C: Polec Higgins Dumont
HF: Taylor Larkey Anderson
F: Thomas Brown Zurhaar
R: Goldstein Cunnington Simpkin
I: Davies-Uniacke WWalker Scott Ziebell

Now I know this won’t happen because we are light on for half backs and Pittard and Atley will never be dropped so expect Scott or Hayden to make way for them at some point. And tbh how we have no halfbacks with good skills and decent speed is ****ed. Absolutely sham.

At some point in time this season I would really like to get a look at this team
B: Hayden Daw JWalker
HB: McDonald Tarrant Vickers-Willis
C: Polec Higgins Dumont
HF: Taylor Larkey Anderson
F: Thomas Brown Zurhaar
R: Goldstein Cunnington Simpkin
I: Davies-Uniacke WWalker Scott Ziebell

Now I know this won’t happen because we are light on for half backs and Pittard and Atley will never be dropped so expect Scott or Hayden to make way for them at some point. And tbh how we have no halfbacks with good skills and decent speed is f’ed. Absolutely sham.
Luke is a tagger now. Higgins to half forward Luke into the middle. Anderson likely out with (?) to HBF.

Drop Brown, keep ziebell, cunnington out for recovery. Mason at CHF, Daw at FF.

Change up midfield rotation a bit. Higgins to HF to improve forward entry quality. Atley, Hall to be onball, Simpkin to be the midfield general. Thomas to rotate through the midfield. Bailey on the wing, rotate with Dumont. McDonald to be tagging in the midfield and to drop back to the half back if the opponent wants to move forward.

Luke is a tagger now. Higgins to half forward Luke into the middle. Anderson likely out with (?) to HBF.
Yeh I know Luke is a midfielder I just didn’t want to select him on the bench.
Higgins is still best suited in the middle and again the massive hole in this side is we have no genuine half backs who can use the footy.
I’ll ask what would a Lloyd, Docherty, Houli, Whitfield, Hurn type mean to us now. A first rounder for sure.
That’s why Williams is crucial as a FA but we need more.
To even consider Atley, Pittard and Macmillan worthy is craziness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from personnel, a few changes i would like to see next week :

(much increased) tackling in F50

shepherding, blocking,

unrewarded running (team wide)

probably a bridge too far, but zero red time goals to opposition

night game at Metricon, even if no rain still need to play as if it was a wet weather scenario, you know, screw in stops, grippo etc

screw in stops, grippo etc
Screw in stops - half of our blokes will be running on the spot - the wouldn't be lifting their feet high enough ;)

Grippo - is that the new tech pine resin?

Seriously though, these things are what professional football clubs do as a matter of course aren't they?

Apart from personnel, a few changes i would like to see next week :

(much increased) tackling in F50

shepherding, blocking,

unrewarded running (team wide)

probably a bridge too far, but zero red time goals to opposition

night game at Metricon, even if no rain still need to play as if it was a wet weather scenario, you know, screw in stops, grippo etc

How about hitting a target in transition?

If we kick long down the line, Vlastuin is going to have an absolute field day. Whilst Short will sword us on the rebound.

Some sort of game plan when attacking that doesn’t result in an immediate catapult back would be fantastic, and a “no brainer” after 4 consecutive losses...

Hardwick added that the Tigers could regain defender David Astbury (knee) for next Saturday night’s match against North Melbourne at Metricon Stadium but that Trent Cotchin (hamstring) was at least another week away from returning.

Drop Brown, keep ziebell, cunnington out for recovery. Mason at CHF, Daw at FF.

Change up midfield rotation a bit. Higgins to HF to improve forward entry quality. Atley, Hall to be onball, Simpkin to be the midfield general. Thomas to rotate through the midfield. Bailey on the wing, rotate with Dumont. McDonald to be tagging in the midfield and to drop back to the half back if the opponent wants to move forward.

Had rad , you were never the chairman of selectors at Godees were you? :p

Daw has not played footy at this level for a long time and u want Wood at CHF? We actually might not trouble the scorers.

Had rad , you were never the chairman of selectors at Godees were you? :p

Daw has not played footy at this level for a long time and u want Wood at CHF? We actually might not trouble the scorers.

🤣 On the other hand, have you seen our actual scoring rate recently?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back