Preview  Changes v Tiggies

Remove this Banner Ad

We are fast approaching the ‘Costanza Theorem’.

If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite, would have to be right.

I tried this once.

Suffice to say, not a great outcome.

Carlton smashed bulldogs
But bulldogs smashed us

Really shows us wear were at. I am zero confidence in beating the tigers. I doubt we will get many wins this year and even if we do they will battles

I am usually pretty positive but we look like a Mess. So many players are shot of confidence, even our coaches are probably losing faith

We wouldn't be able to bring the ball to ground or take a mark even if we bad xerri, brown, larkey and wood in the forward line at the moment.

I would love to know where this midfield-forward disconnect has come from. Seems worlds apart from last year and round one this year.

I'd like to see this line up next week:
FB - Daw, Tarrant, Hayden
HB - Williams, Walker, Pittard
C - Polec, Simpkin, Dumont
HF - Atley, Wood, Taylor
FF - Zurhaar, Brown, Hosie/W.Walker
Followers - Goldstein, Higgins, McDonald
I/C - Hall, Thomas, Scott, Murphy

Obviously a bit of a pipe dream as there are a lot of young players, but I think it is a bit more of a dynamic line up. If Ziebell is fit then he would take Hosie/Walker's spot but then I think it becomes too easy for defenders to exit once the ball hits the deck.

At some point in time this season I would really like to get a look at this team
B: Hayden Daw JWalker
HB: McDonald Tarrant Vickers-Willis
C: Polec Higgins Dumont
HF: Taylor Larkey Anderson
F: Thomas Brown Zurhaar
R: Goldstein Cunnington Simpkin
I: Davies-Uniacke WWalker Scott Ziebell

Now I know this won’t happen because we are light on for half backs and Pittard and Atley will never be dropped so expect Scott or Hayden to make way for them at some point. And tbh how we have no halfbacks with good skills and decent speed is f’ed. Absolutely sham.
I would also be keen to see this team front up.
I would however send Lmac into the mid, move Higgins to HF, put Wood in Lmac's spot, Taylor onto he bench spot and then decide between Scott and Dumont.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, I'll give this a whirl. Realistically, I'm not counting on Larkey being ready (if we're lucky he will be, and obviously he's in, I guess in lieu of Wood), or Maj, for that matter. So I'll go with:

B: J. Walker Marley Taz

HB: Murphy J Mac Jasper in the long sleeves

C: Poley Jy Froggy

HF: Ats Mahoney Wood

F: BBB Kanye Zurhaar

R: Goldy L Mac Higgo

I: Scott Kyron Azza Jed

so - In: Kanye, Murphy, Wood, Jedly (offers more than Ahern right now, in terms of pressure, tackling, clearing the ball out of packs)

Out: Ahern, Campbell, Curtis (injured), Tarryn (as much as I love him, he's carrying a potential ankle problem, plus the concussion week before last. I think he needs a bit of a rest. Tired of us putting players out there who are obviously carrying injuries, especially kids who are developing and finding form and confidence)

We need Kayne like no one's business up there. Hopefully he's ready to go. Zurhaar needs a policing accomplice.

Don't kill me for Atley at HF. I still have faith in him.

Fingers mostly crossed for Murph and the Magic Tones. Was one of my faves from that previous batch of recruits. Needs a proper run.

oh, and Wood - I still haven't given up on him either. It's like he just needs the right chemical equation or something. Hopefully we can find it for him. Was really happy to hear he was kicking goals in the scratch matches. Hopefully he can come in and apply.

Season not over. Go Roos!

Last edited:
Out: Campbell, Macmillan, Dumont, Hall

In:
Daw if fit (McKay as a forward if not), Murphy (Must for remainder of the season)
Bonar
Larkey

I’d like to see Murphy at half back, and push atley to a wing/hf role rotating with Scott on the wing. I know not ideal, but would show what Murphy is capable of, pushes atley up the ground where he has at times shown he can be industrious as a forward. Keeps Scott playing each week in a position he’s likely to continuously play.

Dropping dumont who is not in our bottom 4-5 but also is vanilla (not alone) and we would not be any worse off if the likes of Bonar got an extended run of games given he’s relatively raw still, we know what frog can give us which isn’t poor, but also not game changing.

Paul Ahern gets one more week purely for the fact he can actually kick but is fast becoming known as a soft lazy midfielder.
Just my thoughts.

We would be significantly worse dropping Dumont for Bonar, for starters the defensive work he provides and the possession difference count.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Carlton smashed bulldogs
But bulldogs smashed us

Really shows us wear were at. I am zero confidence in beating the tigers. I doubt we will get many wins this year and even if we do they will battles

I am usually pretty positive but we look like a Mess. So many players are shot of confidence, even our coaches are probably losing faith

Our ladder position is the true indication of where we are at. May improve with less injuries, we have been well beaten by some ordinary teams recently.

This is actually not a bad idea.

Having Larkey or Daw back would help. If Daw can defend we can swing Walker forward and have him contest marks in the square while Brown gets on his bike. At least it's a structure of sorts and Walker might make it work. If Larkey is back it's less of an issue but he might be a few weeks behind Maj.

Tarryn had ... was it 13 possessions? That's about 15 or 16 in a proper quarter, which is getting up there for him. Would be in his top five disposal numbers.

First time this year he has really found it. So he may be coming good but at the same time I'd like to se what he can do running off the backline. He can leap and mark and has kicked goals with multiple involvements from the backline before.

And he is pretty good at tackling too... don't mind jt

One contest for a player learning his craft, Hayden had 3 shockers on the weekend alone and he’ll still likely be in the team this week.

again, don't disagree, but I guess the difference is one was a physical contest, whereas Hayden's were decision/execution errors; as you imply, Murphy has done his time, and on current exposed form, can't be a worse option than some in the back half

Well let’s see if Shaw and co. get the trifecta of selection blunders:

1. Playing an injured Cunners
2. Playing Tom Campbell
3. Dom Tyson?????

You could see what he was trying with Campbell... but simply didn't work and he didn't have many options.... daw prob the alternative and clearly wanted to give him another scratch.... and god knows what has happened with hosie

Played limited mins Larkey so probs 1 more week

daw and wood are ready tho and both apparently played well

Yes I'd put both in and prob turner to see if we can build pressure but as I've said before we aren't bringing the ball down in either the fwd50 or down the wing so pressure is useless unless you are bringing down the contested ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back