Preview  Changes v Tiggies

banzai

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 14, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Not many have lost 4 in a row, except Freo and Adelaide, who are down there with us. Freo will get an extended run of home games now, so at this stage we have 17th spot all to ourselves, unless something major happens.

Sydney just lost Heeney and Kennedy, they wont win another game. On this game the odds are ridiculous, you beat us all the time normally, right now we are woeful and have no midfield. Goldstein will win this on his own and it will probably end 6 goals to 4.

Watching Ben Brown surely you need to be playing another target alongside him. Last year we played Tom Lynch one out early in the season and he looked cooked after 10 minutes each week and was shocking. Getting to every contest one on three would tire you out very quickly. As soon as Riewoldt came back Lynch would only have to get to half the number of contests but was fresh and could attack it twice as hard. The same will happen with Brown.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hall 22 touches mate - he ain’t going anywhere. Unfortunately.
Dom Tyson might be Shaw’s next masterpiece.
22 touches? 30% of those clangers were completely deplorable and 10% of his touches went to no one in space. The others 5% he missed easy shots at goal and kicks beautiful points! Pack ya bags Hall or its Shaw.. after saturday nights effort and picking cunners the week before.. Shaw is on thin ice

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sydney just lost Heeney and Kennedy, they wont win another game. On this game the odds are ridiculous, you beat us all the time normally, right now we are woeful and have no midfield. Goldstein will win this on his own and it will probably end 6 goals to 4.

Watching Ben Brown surely you need to be playing another target alongside him. Last year we played Tom Lynch one out early in the season and he looked cooked after 10 minutes each week and was shocking. Getting to every contest one on three would tire you out very quickly. As soon as Riewoldt came back Lynch would only have to get to half the number of contests but was fresh and could attack it twice as hard. The same will happen with Brown.
Appreciate your kind words, but have you seen us play? we are so bad it's actually almost funny, not quite, but almost.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Our other target has been injured, and is probably a few weeks away. As such we have played a young developing ruck and then a bollard as the second target recently, neither of which went too well, or mattered given we move the ball into the forward line with the accuracy and pace of a blind, obese manatee on land.

If Dusty plays, you win. Simples.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

Got one we can borrow for a week of 2 until Larkey gets back?

PS: preferably not a 200+cm, 120kg "behemoth" who gets outbodied by "pubes in red and black"

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Got one we can borrow for a week of 2 until Larkey gets back?

PS: preferably not a 200+cm, 120kg "behemoth" who gets outbodied by "pubes in red and black"

I'm just happy for Goldy to have to push him around during training. Surely has helped.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Has there been an update on how long Cunnington will be sidelined?
Nope.

But if I was a betting man, I'd say weeks. He looked stuffed last week when given the 'all-clear', and looked totally stuffed after 5 minutes.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
F************************K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know wood isn't going well but surely he plays instead of that ******* useless campaigner Campbell? Surely?

I think Shaw's mindset was if Xerri was too slow and lumbering to have an impact as a forward at AFL level then a slower more lumbering player must be the answer. The one thing I will say about Campbell is that he is the only one that didn't torch BBB on a forward 50 entry. Kicked to his advantage and hic got a goal.
Bring in Maj and Wood I say. Manage Maj to 60 odd minutes of total game time and tell Wood to get on his bike. I'm picking:

HF: Taylor, Daw, Wood
FF: Zurhaar, Brown, Mahoney

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I feel like BBB was at his best when W8 was playing. It was the perfect combo. The entries into 50 were still crap but we were never short of goals.
Our defense at that time however was woeful.

It all seems to be the other way around atm. Desperately need Larkey back.

FYI I’ll say it as we’re all not thinking it, but if we think we’re unlucky that we already played Sydney and lost with Kennedy and Heeney playing, lets not kid ourselves. They would still beat us even with the injuries. So rest easy.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wouldn't have believed that I'd be suggesting this 4 weeks ago, but with our ball use out of D50 being so dire, I'd like to see us take a couple weeks to trial Higgins & TT at HBF. Two of our best users, capable of taking a kick other then long down the line... If it doesn't work, we are in no worse place then we are now.
Don’t mind thought of TT back there, but I’d if you think Ahern is unaccountable wait till we stick Higgo on the back flank.

Last edited:

CunnyTarryn

Senior List
Apr 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In: Daw, W Walker, Ziebell, Anderson, Bonar
Out: Campbell, Hall, Williams, Macmillan, Pittard

B: Atley, Tarrant, McDonald
HB: Haydon, J Walker, Thomas
C: Dumont, Simpkin, Polec
R: Goldstein, Anderson, Higgins
HF: W Walker, Brown, Taylor
F: Ziebell, Daw, Zurhaar
I: Scott, Mahony, Ahern, Bonar

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was wondering when Shaw’s would start to sound like a football coach and it’s here.
I no longer listen to his press conferences and believe everything he says.
Sad but fun whilst it lasted.
Yeah it hasn't taken long has it? 4 consecutive losses and the bland lines get trotted out.

The rule is once a newbie coach starts with...we can mix it with the best ....boys will turn it around soon ....we are not far off...then said coach is out of the honeymoon period and closer analysis of his performance is warranted.

I am sure he is frustrated as anyone but if you select a 1% fit Cunners, you play a 2 gamer Kyron on Heeney or you play a Tom Campbell then you need to start looking inwardly as to why we are losing as well as blaming other factors.

You aren't blameless here Shawry - you are in the big coaches league now and we need you to coach well if we are going to win more games.

Back