Preview  Changes v Tiggies

I watched Pies vs Cats last night and watched closely.

Pies set the bar with taking the game on, numbers running forward, and relentless pressure to stop Geelong's high possession short-kick play. Pies were also very quick to close off easy exits and didn't allow much room for the Cats to move the ball freely. They were forced to go down the line with Grundy waiting for it to come to him. Pies pressure obviously wavered at times, but it didn't stop them from kicking through the middle and exposing Geelong when it counted. Especially since Geelong had (two?) men down.

If we're gonna beat Richmond it has to be done by playing smarter rather than harder. If the Pies can't pressure a side like Geelong for 4 quarters, neither can we.

Need to get off to a fast start to trouble them then get more aggressive with the offensive plays. Keeps Richmond worried about hanging in there instead of exposing us.

We know exactly what we need to do to have a chance to beat Richmond. We need to do exactly what we did last year - no more, no less.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The problem is that there’s no junior competition to judge the talent on. The clubs would think know who the 30 best kids in the country are but without any current form the draft is kind of a raffle.

Every year kids bolt up the order and others slide. With no exposed form the kids from pick 1-30 will be close to lottery.

We have 2X first round picks in a draft that’ll be the hardest year to judge talent. fu**
Bont was the absolute bolter in his draft year from memory.

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The problem is that there’s no junior competition to judge the talent on. The clubs would think know who the 30 best kids in the country are but without any current form the draft is kind of a raffle.

Every year kids bolt up the order and others slide. With no exposed form the kids from pick 1-30 will be close to lottery.

We have 2X first round picks in a draft that’ll be the hardest year to judge talent. fu**
WA and SA are playing I think.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Richmond are cherry ripe for the picking this game and would not surprise me if North take the points this game.

Tigers have not played well in any games this year and dont look like half the team we were at the end of last year, Combined with our big outs there doesnt seem to be the harmony or cohesion of the last few years.

If i was a North supporter i would have a few dollars on an upset.

Richmond are cherry ripe for the picking this game and would not surprise me if North take the points this game.

Tigers have not played well in any games this year and dont look like half the team we were at the end of last year, Combined with our big outs there doesnt seem to be the harmony or cohesion of the last few years.

That's right I keep forgetting, only Richmond have injuries. Chin up buddy.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I hope we have trained all week in the evening to acclimatise to the slippery conditions.
how are we always getting the night games in the dew? this will not bring BBB back into form.
And i have to sit though another week of Hall running around uselessly kicking points for giggles.

Both teams have to deal with the conditions. I'm sure BBB can use a chest mark (if we improve entries)

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know they are the best in the comp over the past few years but I can't help but look at the team they've put out this weekend and think that they are very beatable.

Strong blue-and-white glasses on admittedly.

Every team is beatable, but if we bring what we've brought the last 3 weeks then I wouldn't even back us to be the Bentleigh U12s.

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

If you were a North supporter you'd know that we're ******* useless atm

Jul 6, 2006
Hong Kong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
But fortunately i turned up in time to get some footage of our boys heading onto the ground for a training run. Williams is there for sure, macmillan Pittard as well.

View attachment 913742

I think pace will be the order of the day from the looks of the training video.

They can't be our players, these chooks all seem to have their heads on and moving forward.

Maj did he peck so by rights his fitness should be ok, I am surprised they didn't throw him to full forward where he can take a clunk or two and bring the ball to ground and let Brown lead to the ball from CHF with Wood and Taylor on either side and Mahoney/Zurhaar and or Higgins in either pocket. There's no room for an unfit Ziebell in this team, he is a liability. Playing Campbell was stupid and unforgiveable.

I wrote this on Thursday night. WTF is happening my my proud club, so many bad calls this year Ziebell x 3, Cunnington, Campbell....

kelman

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2002
Arden Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
So I would mix things up a fair bit. Some moves short term, some hoping to find medium-long term.

I am assuming Cunners, Larkey, Maj, LDU, Walker not ready yet but Ziebell and Jed are.

- Walker goes forward for Campbell, Campbell out, McKay into Walker’s spot.

Walker has been good in contests, not sure what he gives us at ground level. Will contest forward for sure. I still have high hopes for McKay. Has talent, throw him in and find out he can we rise.

- MacMillan out and Higgins to HBF

Love Higgins, important to our midfield, but a great year to get him into a spot we have struggled for so long. Adds class and leadership at the back, extends career. JMac done.

- Ziebell IN. Jack 80% mid, 20% forward.

Jack not in good form, but judged harshly, adds a huge amount to a young midfield group and sets the aggressive tone we need.

- Mason for Hall

Probably short term, but reward the form. Can mark, can kick, can run, can play. Last chance saloon, can something click? Stranger things have happened. Hall, sorry, maybe low on confidence m, but killing us.

- Jed for Marley

Can’t have Marley and Pittard in the same team. Jasper on thin ice though. Jed’s aggression still important.

So:

Out: Campbell, MacMillan, Hall, Marley

IN: McKay, Ziebell, Wood, Anderson

Didn’t help, but thanks for listening Rhyce 😉

Back