Changes v West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

So he got the list that he wanted, filled with the same type of footballer, and it took him 5 weeks to get the side filled with the same type of player. No outside runners, only playing Marshall cause Hinkley got made to look like the arrogant moron he is, in the wet against a side who's back 6 always eat us alive.....great. no Broady, Liernart, Mayes or anyone else of that ilk to get a game. How does that idea work?

I've come to the conclusion I know nothing about footy, Ken knows all and he will show us one bloody day. F$%k me.

Power set to holler for a Marshall against Eagles
PORT Adelaide has recalled tall forward Todd Marshall for its Good Friday encounter with West Coast at Optus Stadium.
The 20-year-old comes back into the side for winger Steven Motlop, who was dropped after a slow start to the season.
It's the only change to the Power team that lost to Richmond by seven points last Saturday night.
Marshall kicked just one goal and averaged 8.5 disposals in the first two games of the season, but booted four goals in the SANFL last week to show he's a dangerous presence in attack.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-18/power-set-to-holler-for-a-marshall-against-eagles

Hope Todd kicks a few goals and the we can all holler out ............ why he was dropped :D

I noticed that we are $4.20 for the win. I hope you’ll join me on getting as high as possible while watching the boys get pumped by 10 goals.

You've got to be ******* kidding me.

**** you you disgusting little bald headed piece of s**t. You are an absolute disgrace and are quite obviously sabotaging this season and this gameplan with your bullshit selection policy, rewarding players who put in poor effort with games while others who bust their arse and actually play properly waste away in the SANFL.

If I could, I'd cut out your tongue, wrap you up in bandages and then place you in a sarcophagus to be eaten alive by scarab beetles. You deserve a fate worse than death, because you're even softer than the players you continually ******* select. There is no ******* WAY that Lienert shouldn't have been in this team, because he slots in perfectly into the the role that Watts played, and now you're ******* taking him as the travelling emergency so he can't build form and you can use the fact he didn't play as justification to keep Bonner and Byrne-Jones in the team next week?

You do know you've ******* conceded 107 points and 98 points in the past two weeks, right? That means your DEFENCE IS ******* s**t! You had the opportunity to improve it and instead you went back to the pile of s**t that the team left on the field last week and ate it up just like the mangy dog you are.

If you think you need Bonner's run this week, why wouldn't you drop Byrne-Jones - who has also done nothing - for Lienert and actually IMPROVE THE ******* SIDE!?!!

**** off, and take that loser Voss with you. ******* 17 out of 22 weeks of good form, my ******* arse.
You're such a Hinkley ass kisser.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think we will be exposed sorely against WCE, one thing i see emerging on the horizon is the continued demise of R Gray with the way this club is unfolding. He is on his last legs imo and he will have to be managed carefully into retirement.Clubs spend to much time with players that are in their twilight instead of blooding new and younger talent.

"We saw last week that we had some issues, particularly in the last quarter, we weren't able to bring the ball to ground as well as we would've liked," Power coach Ken Hinkley told reporters on Thursday morning.

"Todd gives us a bit more height in that area and he gives us a bit more aerial assistance.

View attachment 656992
Everyone else saw it when you selected the team you * knuckle.

Only you and Thundercloud had to wait til it actually played out IRL like we all said it would.

The only semblance of justification is that Hoff aint a key forward and will be shifted back to a wing. I do think he is better there.
Yep.

Our balance is much better this week.

Watch Hoff have a better game.

Also watch R Gray and Butters have better games with genuine talls to bring the ball to ground.

I watched Hinkley's press conference. A psychological sadist likes seeing another sadist at work.

He refuses to lay any blame for either the Brisbane or Richmond loss on the defence. It was all about how the forward line needed to do better to bring the ball to ground, that we needed aerial support, that the midfield needed to deliver the ball better etc.

He said that if Marshall stays in the game for longer he'll be in the side 'forever' so I guess that's a positive.

Then he said that guys like Mayes, Lienert and Broadbent 'just need to keep up their performance and an opportunity will come'. Is he ******* for real? Mayes has been in the best players since the start of the season and he can't get a look in when Motlop drops out of the team - if there was ever an opportunity for him, it was this week!
Aside from the Mayes bit he is right.

We have consciously chosen to play a more attacking game style and expose our defence. You cant blame the defence for that.

To win using this style we need to kick more goals than the opposition and lock the ball in our F50.

The offence let us down.

The bit he missed is that the offence let us down because of his poor selections.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going with this...
There's only one change because he's going with positional changes to play players in their most suitable positions. Marshall forward is a given.
He's realised the error of his ways with Boak and will play Westhoff roaming unaccountably wherever he wants. S Gray banished to a wing. Howard forward. Rozee he may put back as per SANFL GF. He seems our best kick currently and could play the Watts type role. R Gray equal time middle and forward. Lycett and Ryder backing the **** into packs to help out the defence. How am I doing?

hey guys, now that marshall is back can you see the hoff increasing his SC scoring output playing further up the field...? thanks!

Our team balance looks crap on paper. We were so slow last week, and absolutely destroyed in defensive action, and this week we've lost one of our quickest but made no change to bring anyone in to help that area. The tall forward will definitely help our other biggest issue, but still, I feel we're lacking pace. A call had to be made on our midfield and speeding it up somehow. I mean Rocky and Drew are 2 very slow mids, and I'd doubt Wines is much quicker than Drew these days.

Can't believe I'm saying we miss Amon badly.

I'm going with this...
There's only one change because he's going with positional changes to play players in their most suitable positions. Marshall forward is a given.
He's realised the error of his ways with Boak and will play Westhoff roaming unaccountably wherever he wants. S Gray banished to a wing. Howard forward. Rozee he may put back as per SANFL GF. He seems our best kick currently and could play the Watts type role. R Gray equal time middle and forward. Lycett and Ryder backing the **** into packs to help out the defence. How am I doing?
Why would we not just drop S Gray for Mayes then and why would Rozee get pushed to half back after scoring 5 goals a week ago?

You can guarantee if we get smashed and Ryder, Ebert, Westhoff and Marshall have no impact, Marshall will get scapegoated and get dropped straight away.

Marshall is a KPP who doesn't have a beard (highly marketable), why would we bother playing him? #ThinkLikeAnAFLFranchise

hey guys, now that marshall is back can you see the hoff increasing his SC scoring output playing further up the field...? thanks!
Yeah it should happen. Could see him floating back a bit to help stop the bleeding.

I think we will be exposed sorely against WCE, one thing i see emerging on the horizon is the continued demise of R Gray with the way this club is unfolding. He is on his last legs imo and he will have to be managed carefully into retirement.Clubs spend to much time with players that are in their twilight instead of blooding new and younger talent.
He could hardly raise a trot last week - old age?, carrying an injury?, who knows?
Lienert and Mayes deserved a place in the starting 22 on Friday. Bonner and DBJ deserved a place in the Maggie’s 21 tonight. If Johnson is the travelling emergency then that selection will help the Maggie’s tonight as his form has been on the very wrong side of OK.
As the results this season have been all over the place we might jag a win. We can only hope!

The season is starting to feel real. A selection night melt down. I do want to put things into perspective here. A lot of teams are playing mediocre. We are in the middle of the pack. We still have at least another 5 or so games to see where we stand. I am not sure Wet Toast is going great either. Richmond had a lot of small forwards that killed us. They played our weaknesses to perfection. They out coached and outran us. Our young team didn't know how to adjust.

some real positives last week though. When Rozee steps up he can be one of the best in the comp. He was a joy to watch. Our future is in our kids. Can't wait for Atley to get in the side and for Amon to return. If we can string a few wins together and get Dixon back we will be a different team.

I understand the melts though. we really should be blooding youth. It was the changes for Richmond that got their season back on track. Our senior guys may be able to hold the team together but they are nothing special. If Kenny just put in AJ for Gray that would have filled us with a bit of hope. But he made one selection too few. Btw, the reason why Marshall is a good in is that he comes up the ground to meet the ball and is a better presence when the ball hits the ground. He is like an extra rover at ground level.

So let's enjoy this game and hope for an upset. We just can't think that we will win by trying to spread the field with kicking. It never worked in the past, I don't know why we went back to that old play-book. Better to run at the opposition. That was not fast direct football last week. I would have preferred that we bombed it long than do what we did...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back