Changes v West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a genuine issue for fines in the legal system too.
When i was O/S a few years ago i ran afoul of the Law , Drunk driving ! , the Judge fined me a Months wages , a Doctor of some sort followed me to see his Worship , he got a Months salary aswell ! , fair enough i say . Betcha they wouldn't do it to Packer though .

Out of the “newbies”, Butters had the least influence on Saturday, so perhaps a run in the 2’s will help him in the long run. Agree with Motlop and Bonner so we must find a spot for Willem, (I think the lad is quite versatile, so it should not be a problem). Darcy B-J just could not keep up with game on Saturday and gave his opponent too much space, so I reckon he must be an out. Motlop has completely lost his mojo and Bonner just seems to panic every time he is near the ball.
So out: Motlop, Bonner, Butters and Darcy.
Notice to all Sammie Gray haters out there, he did more than enough on Saturday to keep his place in side, so leave the guy alone!!
I agree with your in’s.
Seems like Ken’s little chat with Butters did wonders for his game.

This is part of why I'm not a fan of fines as a punishment for individuals, either in the AFL or anywhere else. Scott Lycett and Zac Butters both copped $2,000 fines last week, but Lycett has a guaranteed $3m on his contract after having probably already earned himself a few million over his career, whereas Butters has just left high school and has a contract guaranteeing him $150k or so. It's the same punishment for both of them on paper but it's not in reality.
A percentage payment as a fine would be fairer for sure.

Does not get the ball. Nowhere near AFL standard.
Was BOG vs crows reserves, then was a bit quieter in round 1 vs West Adelaide with 16 touches and a goal, then the South game was a write-off due to the concussion, I didn't really notice him this week vs North (11 touches, 1 goal).

Isn't there an AFL/AFLPA agreement that players must have at least a five day break between matches? Surely a game is a game SANFL or otherwise?

If that stipulation is written into the agreement for AFL listed players, how can it be varied?

Was BOG vs crows reserves, then was a bit quieter in round 1 vs West Adelaide with 16 touches and a goal, then the South game was a write-off due to the concussion, I didn't really notice him this week vs North (11 touches, 1 goal).
Saw the games. Cannot agree. Does not read the play, too reactive and tends to attack the contest too late, disposal poor.

IN: Lienert, Marshall, Broadbent, Farrell
OUT: Wines, Motlop, Byrne-Jones, Duursma

Mayes held back as emergency. Pudney, Garner and Ladhams the other 3 emergencies as a sign that they are on the right track.

Motlop and Duursma out, Amon still injured and Mayes still stuck as emergency? This team would have literally zero wingmen. No thanks.

Motlop and Duursma out, Amon still injured and Mayes still stuck as emergency? This team would have literally zero wingmen. No thanks.

Duursma was ok, Butters looked like he needed a rest more.

Duursma was apparently beating him self up after missing the goal, lost us the game in him mind. Dropping him this week sends him a poor message, its like telling him thats exactly what he did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve said that Ken is a stubborn fool who is too loyal to his players.

Anyone who suggests keeping Bonner in the side and playing him elsewhere is exactly the same, and has no right to even criticise him about selection. He shouldn’t be dropped because he can’t play as a defender. He should be dropped because his soft as butter and doesn’t hit the contest when it’s his turn - which should be a prerequisite of any player selected in the team.

You’d basically be taking Motlop and replacing him with a player that is worse.

Schofield said that our tackle count wasn’t at all good enough, and people are seriously suggesting that he’d accept a player who didn’t register one tackle in his midfield?

Schofield said that our tackle count wasn’t at all good enough, and people are seriously suggesting that he’d accept a player who didn’t register one tackle in his midfield?
Will Drew be dropped because of this?

Will Drew be dropped because of this?

Probably. But are you really comparing a player that has played 4 games to a player that has played 27? The more experienced a player is, the greater accountability for poor performance.

Probably. But are you really comparing a player that has played 4 games to a player that has played 27? The more experienced a player is, the greater accountability for poor performance.
If we are going off games played, I reckon Wines (131 games) being a big bloke and only getting 1 tackle is not good enough.

If we are going off games played, I reckon Wines (131 games) being a big bloke and only getting 1 tackle is not good enough.

Wines has an excuse coming back from injury, but you’re absolutely right.

Duursma would have to keep his spot over Butters who looks like he could do with a rest.

Duursma outside of that miss was one of our better players and seems like he can play anywhere on the field.
Hi guys. How is Duursma going? I really wanted him in the draft.

Also i think our clubs should come to an agreement to only play the last 5 min. Thats all we really need.

Drew, Farrell, Bonner, Westhoff, Lienert

An inside mid, a small forward, two half backs and a bloke who doesn't play a set position. I stand by my post.

Mayes has to play this week IMO. He should've been the one to come in as soon as Amon went down.

I’ve said that Ken is a stubborn fool who is too loyal to his players.

Anyone who suggests keeping Bonner in the side and playing him elsewhere is exactly the same, and has no right to even criticise him about selection. He shouldn’t be dropped because he can’t play as a defender. He should be dropped because his soft as butter and doesn’t hit the contest when it’s his turn - which should be a prerequisite of any player selected in the team.

You’d basically be taking Motlop and replacing him with a player that is worse.

It's nice that you're criticising Ken and all but geez it goes a bit further than Riley Bonner.

Seems like Ken’s little chat with Butters did wonders for his game.
Not selecting tall forwards is affecting Butters game.

No wonder we cant develop proper crumbers when they are all expected to be pseudo KPF.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's nice that you're criticising Ken and all but geez it goes a bit further than Riley Bonner.

I know it goes further than him. I use him as a lightning rod of a crap selection policy purely because he shouldn’t have got a game against Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back