Kennedy ruled out of clash with Bulldogs with eyes on the Power

June 26, 2017 6:30 PM

Newsletter
RSS

AFL 2016 Training - West Coast 120716

Josh Kennedy will not play against the Bulldogs on Saturday
Related

"Everything is on track"

West Coast Eagles forward Josh Kennedy won't line up against the Western Bulldogs this Saturday.

Eagles coach Adam Simpson ruled out the two-time Coleman medallist telling Seven News Perth he will be available to face Port Adelaide at Domain Stadium in round 16.

Kennedy has been out of action since straining his calf late in the Eagles round 10 loss to the Giants.

More to come

AND on the playing surface of Etihad

Libba is the best clearance player we have why did he get dropped? Coz he wasn't doing what we the team needed him to.

Dicko is no differnet but it seems some on here give some blokes 1048383938 chances and the better players about 2
1048383938 is a difficult number to say. Try 10^8. Much easier and elegant.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have to agree with this. Moyd's game in the VFL was better than any single game that Libba played down there, yet there were heaps more calling for Libba's return every single week than Moyd now. It's funny how once people have written Moyd off, they can't bring themselves to admit that his VFL form might justify him getting back in the team. It's also funny how people were exaggerating how poor his games were for the team this year - almost as if they were diminishing the very large gap between "All-Australian" and "dropped" to be smaller than it actually was so they could call for him to be dropped.
Have not seen moyd play in VFL as I'm os. I have to admit like others that his form was poor this year. But if he regains his confidence the guy is fantastic off half back. His all Australian was a reward to his intelligent and experienced footy. Don't be surprised if he comes in and does really well. He is a leader after all. If he comes I hope he kills it. He deserves 300 games.
Its like you'd rather win an argument and hand back the cup just to prove a point sometimes.

Dude...one of those very good games got us into a Grand Final ffs! Four goals and negating Heath Shaw.
His Grand final was also good and the Hawks game could have been also very good except for kicking.
Were you at the game on Saturday? Dickson did a lot of leading without being acknowledged for it.
I will be the first to admit his form is down but i reckon he's building and too good to leave out as teams will pay him attention and in turn others get more opportunities.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Libba is the best clearance player we have why did he get dropped? Coz he wasn't doing what we the team needed him to.

Dicko is no differnet but it seems some on here give some blokes 1048383938 chances and the better players about 2
Liber remains our best clearance player
He is spending a lot of time up forward and looking lost. But when the games up for grabs Bev has him in the middle and his still winning hard ball.
Clearly Bev wants more flexibility and libber and Wallis are spending loads of minutes up forward with not much impact.

I've never been a huge fan of the way Dicko plays because unless we are winning and he has space he is next to useless. A dead eye dick if given the ball but when your mids are down and not feeding him he adds nothing.

Dickson seems to take a while to find his mojo following injury. He has in the past needed some time to hit his straps.

I'd give him another game, and if he puts in another poor one, then I'd look at him. Clearly if he is being hampered by injury he should not be playing.

As for the statement that he is next to useless if the ball is not given to him, well I disagree. He works hard up the ground, can tackle well, and swoops on the loose ball as he did in our premiership game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dickson seems to take a while to find his mojo following injury. He has in the past needed some time to hit his straps.

I'd give him another game, and if he puts in another poor one, then I'd look at him. Clearly if he is being hampered by injury he should not be playing.

As for the statement that he is next to useless if the ball is not given to him, well I disagree. He works hard up the ground, can tackle well, and swoops on the loose ball as he did in our premiership game.
I've read a few times here "Dickson seems to take a while" to find form following injury therefore we should persevere.

This raises some obvious questions: Why bring him into the seniors if that's the case? Why not play him in the VFL (like everyone else who is not in form) until he demonstrates he's ready for senior footy? Why should he be treated any differently?

I rate Dickson as a goalkicker (a rare commodity in this list) but he has given us very little the last few weeks.

Not having a crack at anyone here but I reckon this business of him taking a while to find form after injury is a convenient myth. He either performs or he doesn't. And if he doesn't he should be in the twos, like everyone else. We're in 9th with only 9 rounds to go. We don't have the luxury of being able to carry passengers.

That said, I won't be surprised if Bev retains him for this week. Nor will I be surprised if he then goes out and kicks 2-3 goals.

So he somehow gets differnet treatment to Clay Libba Cloke Roberts Dunkley Dale Webb Williams and Cordy Coz he "takes longer to get going"?

In th last two weeks combined he has had 11 disposals, 1 goal and 2 tackles.

Sorry but that's not even close to good enough not matter what excuses people make mate.

Bev set a standard dropping Stringer ame Libba so Its Dickos turn to be dropped

Our issue this season has been a lot of chopping & changing has happened, we need to get continuity but unfortunately a side effect is sub-par performances. It's now or never, I'd go Murphy for Picken this week due to injury & go unchanged with the rest if no other forced changes

Out: s**t football
In: Good Football

Hurn, LeCras and J.Kennedy to miss.
Those three are hemorrhoid 1, 2, and 3 for us, we won't have a better chance at them then this week at home. Need to smack them with comfort, so we go into the crows game with at least some belief. Might be the difference between a narrow win/loss and a 100pt shallacking.

I'd give him another game, and if he puts in another poor one, then I'd look at him. Clearly if he is being hampered by injury he sh
I've read a few times here "Dickson seems to take a while" to find form following injury therefore we should persevere.

This raises some obvious questions: Why bring him into the seniors if that's the case? Why not play him in the VFL (like everyone else who is not in form) until he demonstrates he's ready for senior footy? Why should he be treated any differently?

I rate Dickson as a goalkicker (a rare commodity in this list) but he has given us very little the last few weeks.

Not having a crack at anyone here but I reckon this business of him taking a while to find form after injury is a convenient myth. He either performs or he doesn't. And if he doesn't he should be in the twos, like everyone else. We're in 9th with only 9 rounds to go. We don't have the luxury of being able to carry passengers.

That said, I won't be surprised if Bev retains him for this week. Nor will I be surprised if he then goes out and kicks 2-3 goals.
Completely agree with this. Was going to post something similar earlier in reply to someone but couldn't get the wording right so left it alone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back