Analysis Changes v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty funny when you think about what's required for AJ to be given a game vs. what's required for Frampton.
The argument that Frampton may bring little to the game rings pretty hollow when you compare it to what AJ will ring. At least Frampton brings height and an occasional cop-out for Paddy.

Hi, interstate member bringing 8 y.o grandson for his first AO experience, any tips as to chances of getting dry seats tomorrow night as I am not confident he will last if it is pissing down.

Probably want to get there a little early just to cement the seat in the grandstand, as I imagine everybody will be heading there to stay dry. That said, it’s probably not going to be a massive crowd.

The argument that Frampton may bring little to the game rings pretty hollow when you compare it to what AJ will ring. At least Frampton brings height and an occasional cop-out for Paddy.

We do need a player like AJ in the side though. The Crows walked it out of our forward line way too easily last week while we struggled to get it out of our defence, and that was probably the difference in the game. I know Jake Neade has given pressure forwards a bad name on this board, but that's an issue with Neade's subpar performances in that role, not with the role itself which is an important one when it's done properly.

Hopefully AJ can come in and play like he was earlier in the season before he got injured. I'm not overly worried about his SANFL form. He's not the sort of player who suits the unskilled contested slog of an SANFL game. The AFL gamestyle suits him a lot better.

Hopefully AJ can come in and play like he was earlier in the season before he got injured. I'm not overly worried about his SANFL form. He's not the sort of player who suits the unskilled contested slog of an SANFL game. The AFL gamestyle suits him a lot better.
I would've thought that is a good description of Basset/Hinkley ball at AFL level as well...

Pretty funny when you think about what's required for AJ to be given a game vs. what's required for Frampton.

The hypocrisy is breathtaking. His form just isn't quite what we want it to be at sanfl level vs we're hoping he'll come good.

I'm sure everyone hopes AJ rips it up tomorrow, but geez Billy Frampton must be feeling pretty hollow.

A tendon problem in his foot will be lingering for the rest of the season. Should be fine for pre-season hopefully.
yeah was also suss when he went down in lots of pain in kadina then they come out and then said it's just a bad sprain

Hi, interstate member bringing 8 y.o grandson for his first AO experience, any tips as to chances of getting dry seats tomorrow night as I am not confident he will last if it is pissing down.
Here's a tip, if interested, take elevators at south gate end and show him the memorabilia that's showcased there.
Well worth a look and you'll be out of the weather for a while anyway. The southern or Riverbank end is also the loudest
acoustics courtesy of the curved roof and being above our cheersquad.
The march complete with drums arrives at the ground (eastern gate)1hr before kick off.
Hope the weather doesn't spoil everything.

enjoy

yeah was also suss when he went down in lots of pain in kadina then they come out and then said it's just a bad sprain
Hopefully his bad luck will run out next year. It's to the point where his season was a write off after 3-4 rounds.

I don't normally use this term, but Marshall next year could be like a new recruit, same goes with Hartlett to a degree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His kicking isn’t near the level required for an AFL outside midfielder
He has the pace and the endurance to be a great player but as you said, his kicking is well below par.
Something I noticed a lot is his team mates never using him as an option even when he was clearly the best to dish off to.

I know what your saying but in a literal sense not even close. If it's not too late I'd really like to see Billy played at CHF or CHB
or the old style follower role. It really gives me the ****'en tom **** he's never been given a go.
Mind boggling and frankly says more about KH than anything else.

A good kick of the ball, quick over the ground, 2m tall with mongrel who can take a contested mark. Sooo wadda ya reckon Ken?
"nah **** him"

We are a team in desperate need of good decision makers and some class. Johnson is the exact opposite of this.
In progressing as a club we decided that AJ was an upgrade on Arch. Frankly the 2 of them don't belong in the same postcode.
One played his guts out in the Magpies for naff all reward.

In progressing as a club we decided that AJ was an upgrade on Arch. Frankly the 2 of them don't belong in the same postcode.
One played his guts out in the Magpies for naff all reward.
AhChee would've made our side stronger this week. Hope the crowd gives him the respect he deserves at the game...

The hypocrisy is breathtaking. His form just isn't quite what we want it to be at sanfl level vs we're hoping he'll come good.

Beyond that, if we're that keen on taking a risk on Johnson based purely on what he might be able to eventually bring in terms of filling a tactical role we lack, why was he instantly scotched after his last promotion?

Would it not make more sense to ignore an underwhelming performance at AFL level and let him acclimate for at least 2-3 weeks, rather than dropping him after 1, where he's been no great shakes either, and then re-promoting him?

It's all seems rather desperate and unplanned at this point.

Beyond that, if we're that keen on taking a risk on Johnson based purely on what he might be able to eventually bring in terms of filling a tactical role we lack, why was he instantly scotched after his last promotion?

Would it not make more sense to ignore an underwhelming performance at AFL level and let him acclimate for at least 2-3 weeks, rather than dropping him after 1, where he's been no great shakes either, and then re-promoting him?

It's all seems rather desperate and unplanned at this point.

Agree - he shouldn't have been dropped after one game. That was my view at the time and still stands.

I see the appeal of AJ regardless of his form. Ken has tried to open the game up since the Freo loss and his method for scoring, and scoring quickly, has always been about pace.

I like that we are trying things and I hope it works.
I hope he gets one early, confidence plays a big part in his game. He has so many things going for him. When you see him in person you really notice how tall he is which makes him a tricky match up, time to put it all together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back