Analysis Changes v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol they're like the Norwood supporters who always used to tell us we wouldn't have won all those grand finals if we had been playing them. Minor issue of them not actually being good enough to make it not withstanding.
Nevertheless its annoying and particularly when we lose a very winnable Showdown due to a lower work rate.

Lol they're like the Norwood supporters who always used to tell us we wouldn't have won all those grand finals if we had been playing them. Minor issue of them not actually being good enough to make it not withstanding.
My wifes family are all Nord/Crow supporters and this 100% true... #killme.
They still talk about Michael Aish and McIntosh like it was yesterday...farkn lol...they really do have nothing else.

Ha we tricked West Coast. Let them train when it was fine and now bring in the rain.

Pity Adelaide Oval is their second home ground.

So Watts has kept his spot. I'd pay for a video of the selection committee meeting.

Watts:
0 goal, 10 touches @ 90% eff, 1 contested mark, 0 tackle, 5 score involvements, 2 goal assists / 70% TOG

Dixon:
0 goal, 10 touches @ 70% eff, 3 contested marks, 1 tackle, 5 score involvements, 1 goal assist / 100% TOG

If anything, we should be finding ways to play him more, not less.

Watts:
0 goal, 10 touches @ 90% eff, 1 contested mark, 0 tackle, 5 score involvements, 2 goal assists / 70% TOG

Dixon:
0 goal, 10 touches @ 70% eff, 3 contested marks, 1 tackle, 5 score involvements, 1 goal assist / 100% TOG

The perception of Watts suffers because he’s not your apex macho head-kicker like Dixon. A deft pass is often just as effective as a crashed pack though, even if people only remember the later because omg drama!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watts:

Dixon:

Yep.
m,./i've just watched the 1st 1/4 of the replay and Kane Farrell's 2nd and 3rd goals were gift wrapped by Watts.
Whoever was on Farrell after 1/4 time did well. WCE would be smart not to ignore a 3rd game player like Farrell.

Watts:

Dixon:

The perception of Watts suffers because he’s not your apex macho head-kicker like Dixon. A deft pass is often just as effective as a crashed pack though, even if people only remember the later because omg drama!
Yep.
m,./i've just watched the 1st 1/4 of the replay and Kane Farrell's 2nd and 3rd goals were gift wrapped by Watts.
Whoever was on Farrell after 1/4 time did well. WCE would be smart not to ignore a 3rd game player like Farrell.
I thought Watts did ok last week. Some really deft touches that hurt the Crows! Certainly not the reason we lost.
Watts' first half was good. He needs the ball, but he won't get it much himself. He needs providers. The more possession we have, the better Watts will play.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Watts seems to be a CHF (or a 'link', as I called it). He is supposed to organize our attacks, like a soccer #10, American football QB, or a basketball PG. If he is tagged, then his role is to move around opening space for others to explore.

Don’t know that’s why I posted. Not sure where he played when recruited.
Can't be bothered looking up his highlights reel but iirc saw glimpses of him in a Polly type role i.e. linkup give n go line breaker.
If we lose the Polecat to greenback pastures he might morph into a Polly clone.
I watched the 1st 1/2 of the showdown last night and geez this kid looks exciting. Very upbeat about him.
For all of his obvious talents his 2nd goal came about thru' gut running to get on the end of a Jack Watts h/ball
and hey what's not to like about that. In different ways just as happy with Lienert too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back