Strategy Changes vs Adelaide Crows Rd 13 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I missing something?

Darling is back up front. No ruck support for the overworked Williams. Barnett building well in the WAFL. Maric has been here for two minutes.

Chance for Barnett to play in front of friends and family too.

Why is Maric debuting ahead of Barnett? Really bizarre selection for mine.

Am I missing something?

Darling is back up front. No ruck support for the overworked Williams. Barnett building well in the WAFL. Maric has been here for two minutes.

Allens going into the ruck

My betting odds for the game are

Tears a hamstring - 1.80
Kicks a goal - 3.00
Kicks a bag of 5 goals - 10.00
Nisbett sends a email out to the members self congratulating the board on Marics 5 goals - 8.50
Need odds on someone like Flogarty smashing his head off with a grub hit.

Am I missing something?

Having seen him in person last week I'd suggest Barnett debuting this year would be a last resort type scenario, I'd be worried about him getting snapped in half by an actual AFL ruck. Not that he's a bad player or anything, he played pretty well, but his body is definitely not AFL ready.

Having seen him in person last week I'd suggest Barnett debuting this year would be a last resort type scenario, I'd be worried about him getting snapped in half by an actual AFL ruck. Not that he's a bad player or anything, he played pretty well, but his body is definitely not AFL ready.
I don't disagree...but surely Maric is in the same boat.

He’s not that much of a bean pole tbf. His legs are actual tree stumps. At 98 kgs he’s only a few kegs off bailey

Maric was pretty slim but he looks like he's got a decent amount of muscle, got a year on Barnett as well doesn't he?
Plus he wouldn't be rucking.
He had a nice straight kick on him as well, I reckon out of about 10 shots on goal in the warmup before the game he only missed one.

Maric won’t be required to ruck though

He’s playing 3rd tall/half forward which isn’t as physically demanding as forward/ruck

Williams and Barnett being protected

I also won’t be surprised if Barnett is a late in for Darling

Maric was pretty slim but he looks like he's got a decent amount of muscle, got a year on Barnett as well doesn't he?
He had a nice straight kick on him as well, I reckon out of about 10 shots on goal in the warmup before the game he only missed one.

Barnett is 8 and a bit months older FWIW

Waterman could become our Adam Hunter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he is also not playing in the ruck or have I missed something

Not sure whats sadder me not having kids and knowing who Gru is or you claiming to be the God of all Fathers and not knowing who Gru is
Do you mean Grug?

grug-board-book-9781761102448_hr.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back