Prediction Changes: Vs Adelaide + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I used to be positive and Upbeat During those 4 crap years under Ross Lyon from 2016-19.... But now... my mindset is different.

We got at least 5 players out injured in the best 22.

No Alex Pearce. No Joel Hamling. Thats your Full back and Centre Half back out right there.

No sean darcy, thats your main ruck gone. No Blake Acres. thats one experienced mid injured.

Oh and to top of that, our best mid and dual Brownlow Medallist in Nathan fyfe is injured.....

Perfect.

Anyone here that is enjoying freo playing youth or actually think freo will beat the crows in our current form next sunday. Please quote me.

I rather have a depleted forward line and our bext available backline like we had vs Geelong in Perth last year than have an injured backline and hald decent forward 6 we have now.

We will go 0-5. You can say we have been unlucky.

but a close loss is a close loss. It doesnt mean anything. We still have 0 wins.

I rather go back to the 2017 season and win home games by 10-20 points one week then get belted by 80-100 points away from home the next week. I rather be 6-4 after 10 games like we were in 2017 or 4-6 after 10 games like we were in 2018 than 0-10 in 2016.

Yes Colyer is not going to get dropped; there were many worse.Also I don't rate Bewley, but at least most of kicks hit targets so he is not leaving the team either.

Acres would be an interesting in if available. Probably swap for Fyfe.

Shultz is an interesting one; his tackling was aggressive but he turned the ball over way too much for mine; would consider Banfield for him, but I suspect Shultz will survive the cut.

Why are Colyer and Bewley not getting dropped?
Schulz tackling? Really. :rolleyes:

Interesting game, whoever wins gets a bit of breathing space, whoever loses is going to get hammered by the press and fans.

Meek or Darcy to come in, Valente/Crowden/Banfield if Fyfe is out (in pretty much that order) and I'd add Watson.

Hill, Serong, Young, Hogan, Aish all doing more than enough to hold their places but the usual crowd all nominate to sit out.

Surely we can't lose this, Adelaide are a complete rabble. Surely.

Surely.
The problem is that they are under the pump to give effort and they will see this a possible win.

They can take chances which may or may not come off.

We will have pressure as the favourite.

I really don’t have a good feeling about this.

Out: Fyfe (inj), Colyer, Matera, Schultz
In: Meek, Blakely, Acres, McCarthy/Frederick/Thomas

I actually understand what we're trying to do with Tabs and Hogan leading up, but Lachie and Brandon aren't Stephenson and De Goey. Need to give other potential smalls a go.

Again colyer getting blasted, was far from the worst. I don't want to defend the guy because he is limited, but there were many worse.
The first in must be darcy. I don't honestly give a sh*t who else comes in, just sick of watching Lobb get smashed
Coyler wasn't good, but he's such an easy target on here. Why he gets called out more than Brayshaw and Lobb in that game doesn't make sense. We know Coyler sucks, but we should expect more from the other two.

Please drop Brayshaw, I know he is loved on here, but he's been appalling and it's not good enough. Warning signs are ringing

The problem is that they are under the pump to give effort and they will see this a possible win.

They can take chances which may or may not come off.

We will have pressure as the favourite.

I really don’t have a good feeling about this.

Of course you don't, no true Freo fan does. We've been through this so many times.

But Adelaide.....come on, they are utter shizen. Brisbane will monster them tomorrow.

How in gods earth did Colyer play 100 games of AFL football? The guy was so far out of his depth tonight it was embarrassing. I seriously doubt he’d get a game for Subiaco at WAFL level. Running around like a headless chicken - he just panics with the
ball in hand, a classic sign of a lower level player. As for Schultz? He’s just a state league player. Two critical turnovers from stupid kicks in the third quarter were particular examples. Yes Matera was s**t and should also be dropped but he did kick 30 goals last year. He has ability but is lazy. The other two just aren’t good enough. If fredericks (Or anyone) can’t get a game ahead of Colyer I just give up.
Blakely will be in for Fyfe next week surely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't continue to carry a 28 year old who just can't find the ball at all this season. Three kicks tonight.
Out: Matera In: Anyone, Dardy, Crowden, Banfield, Blakely .... anyone who might contribute.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

fu** the Lyon years! We need small forwards and we need them now! Matera, Colyer and Schultz aren’t up to it but we've got no one to replace them with.
Walters. Walters and a bloke called Walters.
We need him there. We need to back Cerra, Brayshaw, Tucker and Acres if he comes in. We’re honestly wasting Walters in the middle. Sure he can kick, but we have other good ball users that need to get inside that area. Aish, Hill, Young, Wilson.
There’s no order or drive from Schulz, Colyer or Matera. Just headless chooks running around

Remove this Banner Ad

Back