Prediction Changes: Vs Adelaide + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Realistically there's no room for Matera in the FWD line anyway when McCarthy comes back

If Matera was playing good there would be.

McCarthy is a tall, and won't fit in our current structure without dropping someone. For what it's worth I have reservations about a forward structure that has Hogan, Lobb, Taberner, Fyfe and Sturt, and whether that's going to be too tall.

Last edited:

Longmuir would be ****in desperate for a first win, if he really thought Blakely would or could likely provide more output than those plodders tomorrow he would be out there. Sure he could still be wrong despite working with these guys all week but it really is that simple.

Longmuir would be ****in desperate for a first win, if he really thought Blakely would or could likely provide more output than those plodders tomorrow he would be out there. Sure he could still be wrong despite working with these guys all week but it really is that simple.

Either that or we should start calling him Iceman. Cause backing in the kids to step up at the risk of going 0-5 is quite a move.

McCarthy is a tall, and won't fit in our current structure without dropping someone. For what it's worth I have reservations about a forward structure that has Hogan, Lobb, Taberner, Fyfe and Sturt, and whether that's going to be too tall.
McCarthy isn't a tall

I've recently started putting money on the opposition team. Just so the weekend doesn't end in complete disappointment

I'd rather lose the $ than my team losing.
I was guilty of including freo games in my multi's for a round last year. Found it super hard to watch the game the same way though. I'd only be losing $1/$2 if we won sometimes but at the same time It made it much harder to barrack intensely (I still was always actively supporting us of course but there was a tiny part of me that was ok with it when the other team scored). It might just be me, but I think it's a competitive thing of not wanting to lose the bet. Anyway, its safe to say I avoid that now and If im going to include freo in a multi its to win. Which usually ends up meaning my weekend ends terribly with both the team losing and my money gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still have decent hopes for Cam as a player for us.

I don’t. I shudder at the thought we were about to give up two first round picks for him.

Obviously hindsight but if he feels like making an effort he might make our 22. The guy thinks life is good, doesn’t realise that he is 1/500,000 pay check he’s been given and a Crack at AFL. If he can’t make 22 now there’s an issue.

All the best young bloke but enjoy reality when you hit 30. Retirements a long way off.

I don’t. I shudder at the thought we were about to give up two first round picks for him.

Obviously hindsight but if he feels like making an effort he might make our 22. The guy thinks life is good, doesn’t realise that he is 1/500,000 pay check he’s been given and a Crack at AFL. If he can’t make 22 now there’s an issue.

All the best young bloke but enjoy reality when you hit 30. Retirements a long way off.
He seems a bit of an air head. Like Warwick capper without the talent..

I wonder if McCarthy could play as a CHB Mightbe ok as that or on a third tall

McCarthy seems to be like most mid 20s guys, just wants to enjoy his life and take it easy. That doesn't really work when you're a footballer unless you know how to properly balance it. He seems like a real good bloke with a tonne of footy skill we just have to hope it gets put to use.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back