Prediction Changes: Vs Adelaide + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Worried about Cam, should be running riot in the fwd line by now
I have epilepsy and trust me, getting accustomed to the medication was not necessarily an easy experience - felt tired in particular in the first 2-3 months. If cam has a similar experience, it may be an adjustment period. Further, my neurologist didn't want me riding a bike let alone playing afl!

Agree with the Duff and Quarters podcast (a criminally underrated segment BTW) - Blakely simply needs to come in. Big bodied mid who can win the ball and deliver some poise. He simply must come under consideration.

I'd rather they get Darcy, Fyfe and Sturt strong but and conditioned but with lack of talls we may need to bring Darcy or Sturt back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would Acres for Colyer be out of the question, given they're both relatively fast players who can play wing? Or am I just saying that cause I really want to find a Colyer replacement?

You won’t see the likes of Frederick or Valente this weekend. Put yourself in JLOs shoes. Sitting at 0-4. He’s DESPERATE for a win. The first win for a new coach is massive and won’t get a better chance then this weekend. He’ll be picking the strongest possible team for the here and now. For JLO, this game is all about getting a win and development of young players can wait till later in the season when the Owen jokes are well and truly off the table. Darcy and Blakely and maybe Acres to come in. Fyfe, matera/Schultz (take your pick) and maybe Colyer to come out.

You won’t see the likes of Frederick or Valente this weekend. Put yourself in JLOs shoes. Sitting at 0-4. He’s DESPERATE for a win. The first win for a new coach is massive and won’t get a better chance then this weekend. He’ll be picking the strongest possible team for the here and now. For JLO, this game is all about getting a win and development of young players can wait till later in the season when the Owen jokes are well and truly off the table. Darcy and Blakely and maybe Acres to come in. Fyfe, matera/Schultz (take your pick) and maybe Colyer to come out.

This is the truth of it. He's talented but he's young and got a bit to prove. He'll need to find a way to get us over the line this week, for his own sanity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back