Prediction Changes: Vs Adelaide + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Darcy and Blakley in for Fyfe and Schultz.
Just guessing based on the extended interchange

Yeah Shultzy has had his chance. Matera has one last chance you would of thought. Colyer will probably come out after more fwd/Mid reinforcements are ready eg; Acres, Sturt, McCarthy and Valente.

Bewley is so overrated. One of the worst for us this year. Not to sound rude but he's just a dumb footballer. Those 2 goals bought him a bit of time though!
Yeah for mine he's a good VFL standard player, no more. Ok for depth I guess, you would think that Acres will take his spot when he's ready.

There is a chance both Schultz and Matera are out if Darcy comes in as he is effectively a forward in.

I am guessing that if all fit,

Out: Fyfe, Schultz, Matera
In: Blakely, Darcy, Sturt

As Taylor already said, JL said Serong was playing in the PC and Young was genuinely good last week.
All for this.
Walters in as permanent forward, please. Sturt as half forward.
Blakely/Tucker/Mundy/Brayshaw/Cerra and Serong can get the job down. Darcy to definitely help out and at least split the taps 50/50

There is a chance both Schultz and Matera are out if Darcy comes in as he is effectively a forward in.

I am guessing that if all fit,

Out: Fyfe, Schultz, Matera
In: Blakely, Darcy, Sturt

As Taylor already said, JL said Serong was playing in the PC and Young was genuinely good last week.
Darcy is definitely in. He’s named in the 18. Serong also definitely playing as JLO said it already today. Young won’t be dropped after last week and Blakely will surely replace Fyfe.
the last IC spot is between the rest, Hope they pick Sturt. Then matera and schultz both dropped.

If Colyer's sole job is to run around applying pressure I suppose I'll allow it.

If we are playing all of Lobb, Tabs and Hogan up front then the other three need to be applying a lot of pressure.

If the decision comes down to between Matera or Schultz, I'd be taking Schultz for the better pressure

I agree with Joao but I am anxious about being able to keep it in the forwardline

I think statistics are showing Bewley to be going decently considering how long he's been in the role (11 fairly interrupted games). There are elements of his game where he passes the eye test for me and I think he's a bit unfairly judged as week given his role is to hold distance from the rolling maul. Also consider our inside mids have been shocking at winning it.

Give him some time to kick to a forward line of Hogan, Lobb, Taberner and Sturt. Chemistry is something we need to build.

If Colyer's sole job is to run around applying pressure I suppose I'll allow it.

If we are playing all of Lobb, Tabs and Hogan up front then the other three need to be applying a lot of pressure.

If the decision comes down to between Matera or Schultz, I'd be taking Schultz for the better pressure

I agree with Joao but I am anxious about being able to keep it in the forwardline
I'm anxious that we'll even get it in the forward line. We can't even get inside 50 more than the opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez , if I was the Crows I’d be picking every runner they have ...look at our list of underdone/rusty players
S Hill
N Wilson
S Darcy
J Hogan
C Blakley
S Sturt ( if they pick him )
Plus 2 first year players - young + serong

Maybe get away with it due to the shorter game and out of form oppo but it’s a worry

Crows at the line

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Jeez , if I was the Crows I’d be picking every runner they have

I thought part of the knock on the Crows was that they didn't have runners? Really slow midfield.

Could be wrong though.

I thought part of the knock on the Crows was that they didn't have runners? Really slow midfield.

Could be wrong though.

Yeah your right , wouldn’t say we are exactly lightning either though

Hopefully they’re in full blown tank mode and pick a heap of kids

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Bewley is so overrated. One of the worst for us this year. Not to sound rude but he's just a dumb footballer. Those 2 goals bought him a bit of time though!
He's been one of our better players really. One of our best field kicks, gets involved in the play, kicks a few goals. Would much rather keep him in the side over any of Matera, Schultz or Colyer.

I think statistics are showing Bewley to be going decently considering how long he's been in the role (11 fairly interrupted games). There are elements of his game where he passes the eye test for me and I think he's a bit unfairly judged as week given his role is to hold distance from the rolling maul. Also consider our inside mids have been shocking at winning it.

Give him some time to kick to a forward line of Hogan, Lobb, Taberner and Sturt. Chemistry is something we need to build.
People on here are way too harsh on Bewley. He's fine, he's earnt his spot

He's been one of our better players really. One of our best field kicks, gets involved in the play, kicks a few goals. Would much rather keep him in the side over any of Matera, Schultz or Colyer.

I was a massive critic of his before the season started but he’s done better than I expected. Hard to see him get dropped tbh - we have nothing else in his position expect maybe Acres who’s better on ball anyway.

With the ball in hand Bewley is not too bad. He’s a decent user and ahead of Colyer matera and Schultz. But I can’t see him being a premiership player in future. Defensively he’s a liability - Opposition platers step around him as if he’s invisible at times.

The amount that Mr Bewley gets talked about on this board is tbh just odd. Sure maybe it's arguable that he shouldn't be in the team but when you are sitting 0-4 I would have thought there would be a heap of far bigger problems to discuss at length after these losses than a random fringe player.

The amount that Mr Bewley gets talked about on this board is tbh just odd. Sure maybe it's arguable that he shouldn't be in the team but when you are sitting 0-4 I would have thought there would be a heap of far bigger problems to discuss at length after these losses than a random fringe player.

Midfield was the main problem in almost every game we’ve played this season. Bewley is the lowest ranked player in there. Thing is the problem lies on the inside where Bewley doesn’t play.

Having useful forwards that are under 190cm would help a bit too.

Exactly. Sort out the mids at centre bounce. Get those 4 right first, then worry about the rest.

If we drop this one critics on here will start to grow.

Mate, do you even Fremantle? When we’re traveling well we lose or only just win the games we should absolutely romp in. When we’re travelling poorly and play flag contenders we‘re either very competitive or even pop up and win. But travelling poorly + playing an eminently winnable game = proper flogging for Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back