Preview Changes vs. Adelaide (Round 10, 2021) - Jackson, Melksham IN, Brown, Chandler OUT

I still like him but only when he’s fit

He's had plenty of time to get fit by now wouldn't you think?

I think the game may have actually passed him by. Hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it with him.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Today wasn't a good day for the big boys but Brown just looked nowhere near it Today. When the ball hit the deck Brown just couldn't apply any pressure. Looking at the forecast for Adelaide it looks good which may save him. Depends if Jako is all good though.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
I love Benny Brown.
I thought it was wonderful he had his first game for red and blue in his home state against his old club and we won for him.
What a story!

He can * right off and get fit in the VFL though.

Apr 1, 2018
AFL Club
Tasmania
It would help if our 3 talls would lead in different directions instead of all leading to the same spot and bringing all their defenders with them.
Looking for some forward setup tweaks if all 3 stay next week.
Spot on. I wouldn't change the forwards, but I'd sure be doing a lot of drills where they lead in different directions and the mids honor those leads.

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I really noticed Brown just got muscled out in the contested marking, to the point he wasn't in half of them by the time the ball got there. Weid didn't clunk enough, but he was in the middle of them all.

Brown to the reserves until we have an injury, or TMac gets promoted to Messiah and can't play Sundays anymore.

Leave Chandler, I thought he did enough to suggest he needs few games and should be persisted with.

Have to wonder whose Dog Sparrow ran over...

Doesn’t seem like Brown is an issue for me if TMac and Fritsch are getting off the chain, weid is getting plenty of ball and the smalls look more dangerous when it hits the deck. I don’t care if he doesn’t kick another goal for the year but TMac has played his two best games since 2019 with Brown in which I don’t think is a coincidence. Don’t rush Jackson back for the Crows at any rate.

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I would change 50% of the team out, random players will do, that will get the loss out of the way. And then the team can win against Dogs and Lions in the following weeks without the building pressure of not dropping a game.

I would change 50% of the team out, random players will do, that will get the loss out of the way. And then the team can win against Dogs and Lions in the following weeks without the building pressure of not dropping a game.

* that , while highly unlikely, let's chase history while it's still on the cards.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Doesn’t seem like Brown is an issue for me if TMac and Fritsch are getting off the chain, weid is getting plenty of ball and the smalls look more dangerous when it hits the deck. I don’t care if he doesn’t kick another goal for the year but TMac has played his two best games since 2019 with Brown in which I don’t think is a coincidence. Don’t rush Jackson back for the Crows at any rate.
Goody playing 4D chess by recruiting BBB to play the ultimate decoy forward role, dragging the best defender away from the one true God, Tmac.

Back