Preview Changes vs Adelaide round 15

Remove this Banner Ad

KENNEDY is back for this game. Have a look at the video yesterday of him. He was running and says it's mostly muscle corked. Simmo said he will be back too.
We definitely now have been shown we can't play 3 tall fwds when it comes to the crunch. We need more run.

Edited changes

INs
JK, Ahchee, Sheed, Venables, Barrass, Watson, Petruccelle

OUTS
Mcinnes, Waterman, Masten, Hutchings, Schofield, Jetta, Lecras

Getting rid of slow guys and Old has beens. And never will be's in Waterman and Mcinnes.

We need to do this now. Get some youth in before we play an improved Giants and Pies.

KENNEDY is back for this game. Have a look at the video yesterday of him. He was running and says it's mostly muscle corked. Simmo said he will be back too.
We definitely now have been shown we can't play 3 tall fwds when it comes to the crunch. We need more run.

Edited changes

INs

OUTS

Getting rid of slow guys and Old has beens. And never will be's in Waterman and Mcinnes.

We need to do this now. Get some youth in before we play an improved Giants and Pies.

JK was interviewed last night and said more likely he will return the week after the Crows.

Agree with calls for Jakey Waterman to have a spell. Guy looks gassed. Has been a big start to his first proper AFL season. Difficult call though with JK & JD out injured

Whats the go with Jetts his last quarter was brilliant, run and carry, taking the game on with pace and hitting targets.
Where the **** was that the first 3 quarters what a frustrating player

He likes it when the pressure goes off that’s why he should be in the wafl ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Vardy has a blinder bring him in for Mcinnes. I know he didn’t kick any goals but he did have three chances and if we bring in M Allen or Brander in they wont do much better in a young forward line. Ah chee needs to play because he can be a rotation with Shuey in the forward line.

Out: Hutchings , Jetta, Nelson
In: Ah chee, Barrass, Pet

Shep Barrass. schoey
Hurn. Gov. Duggan

Masten. redden. Gaff

Ah chee waterman lecra
Cripps. Mcinnes. Ryan

Ruck: nic nat shuey yeo

Bench lycett rioli cole pet

We lost the game in the first quarter because we weren't mentally on. We let the drug cheats have their own way. We couldn't stick a tackle and let them have far too much easy space. Our mid field was out muscled by a more determined side that was switched on.

I would leave Hutchins in because he always has a go. I would leave Frase in at CHF because he took marks and had set shots. I would like to see Ah Chee in because he has a big body and has a go. Not sure about Jetta but you don't want players who go missing when needed.

Edited changes

INs

OUTS

Jesus mate. How is Waterman a never will be. Got a rising star nom this year. Masten also been one of our more consistent players this year. Get off the juice.

After only watching the 3rd quarter it is difficult to choose who comes out.

One thing I do know we failed terribly at was closing down their run from half back so that needs to be addressed. We need to get that pace back into the side and forward defensive running. What I see as obvious as day is Ryan should have come back through the WAFL and get some match fitness, look at how Richmond brought Rioli back from injury, 4 weeks in the VFL and he was fit and hungry.

It is really difficult to go and drop experienced forwards when both Kennedy and Darling are out however maybe Le cras gets looked at. Nelson, Waterman and Ryan were also poor.

So in: Brander, M Allen, Ah chee, Petrucelle

Out: McInnes, Waterman, Ryan and Nelson

Ah chee hopefully has a bit of Crows hate left in him from his Port days, Petro to bring more forward defensive pace and Brander plus M Allen two true forwards.

Can see the club sticking with Ryan though.

If JK doesn’t get up, and Barrass is fit: Barrass IN, McInnes OUT, Gov Forward.

If both JK and Barrass don’t get up: Vardy IN, McInnes OUT.

Would also bring in Ah Chee. Could raffle players to make way for him - Duggan or Hutch the most likely ones.

Schofield only stays in as cover for Barrass or to allow Gov forward.

Piss off: Hutch (sorry mate, you've had your chances), McInnes (back to the stable for your "work horse").
Welcome back: Barrass, Sheed (I didn't want you to leave anyway, pal).

Thing is with Simpson is that sometimes you have to wonder where his head is at.

Take the post match press conference: rather then take ownership of a putrid effort we served up and giving the boys a deserved roast, he instead comes out with "we wont change the way we play"

After that effort, thats the best he could come up with.

Seriously.
Number one way to lose the playing group is to do that.

Roast them behind closed doors with mighty fury but have their back in the public eye is always the way to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much of the press conference did you watch?

"We can say nothing went right for us in that first half or that first quarter – and that's not far off – but that would discredit what Essendon did and their intent early," Simpson said post-match.

"I'm not going to offer any excuses. We were poor in the first quarter, they were really good and we got what we deserved."

Watched the whole press conference. What concerned me was the lack of palpable anger and disgust in our performance. Basically, he was saying Essendon were good for one quarter, we were bad for 4, and all is ok.

I am all for him backing the boys in so to speak, but it wouldn't hurt to give them a bake once in a while either.

And before someone says "Well, we don't know what he says behind closed doors", nothing that i have ever seen of Simpson, both as a player or a coach, would lead me to believe that he is giving them a Clarksonesque roasting.

In: Ah Chee, Mallen, Barrass, Petruccelle
Out: Fmac, Hutchings, Schofield, Nelson

Watched the whole press conference. What concerned me was the lack of palpable anger and disgust in our performance. Basically, he was saying Essendon were good for one quarter, we were bad for 4, and all is ok.

That's not what he said at all.

You want him to react like a fan. That's not his job.

He has stood up when it mattered.

He isn't downhill skiing, he's playing better under duress.

Fumbling the ball and kicking straight to opposition players or out of bounds on the full is not standing up when it matters ..He doesn’t even dash and take the game on anymore..He should be watching Saad or McKenna in how to break lines and put his body on the line ..
He will go missing in any finals game we play ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What I see as obvious as day is Ryan should have come back through the WAFL and get some match fitness, look at how Richmond brought Rioli back from injury, 4 weeks in the VFL and he was fit and hungry.

Can see the club sticking with Ryan though.
Whilst i don't disagree with this and the same probably applied for Shuey, I think now they have played two games each, there may be no point dropping them as hopefully they start improving with games under their belt. But they (Ryan at least) should have come back through the WAFL in hindsight (although I think I wanted him straight back in but that was with with JK and Kennedy around him).

I think JK and JD have been masking the fact that our forward line structure is terrible. Our forward entries and positioning are below par.. everyone is just standing still and the forward line is always horribly crowded.

I don’t think bringing a component forward in is going to help.. we have capable forwards they just are never in an effective position

Remove this Banner Ad

Back