Preview Changes vs Adelaide round 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Out - Cripps, McGovern, Darling, Sheed, Nelson
In - L Edwards, Foley, Williams, H Edwards, XON

Time to prep O Allen to be the man up forward instead of ******* with him, and time for Williams to be our third tall/second ruck.

Gaff to find form after one game back? He's hardly the issue, at least he works hard enough to give our terrible ball users some options

Gaff has been underwhelming all season, tonight wasn't a one off

In - Foley , Jamieson , Hutchings / West , X O'Neill

Out - Cole , Petruccelle , Langdon , JK ( rest ).

If we were in contention JK first player picked was good tonight but might give him a rest this week . Sad but true we're not in contention .

Gaff to find form after one game back? He's hardly the issue, at least he works hard enough to give our terrible ball users some options
I was at work during the first 3 quarters, so correct me if I'm wrong here.

Gaff had 7 clearances today. 2nd-most after Nic. My question is, why are we asking Gaff to clear the footy when we have Nic, Shuey, Yeo and Kelly to do it?
His disposal efficiency was 61% from 26 touches, well down on his average, probably because most of those clearances were hack kicks or missed handballs.

Perhaps it was because Shuey is still working back at 71% TOG, and we went in a midfielder down with Redden injured.
So we effectively backed Gaff into Redden's role, and that ended as well as it has every time Gaff has been asked (or forced) to play in tight.

Surely West (or Hutch) is a chance to come in this week, if we are faced with a similar predicament?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmmmm....

90% chance of 10-20mm in Perth next Sunday.

North by 11 points

I’ve changed my tip on this game. Picking North by 9 points. WC to give up the ghost.

I now expect to be 3 goals up into the 4th quarter, and to lose by 2-3 goals. I have become used to mediocrity.

I have never seen a WC team with less fight than the current one. There have been lots of teams with less skill, less ability, less class. But NONE with less heart.
Three pretty accurate predictions.

And once again we'll call for REAL changes.
And what we'll get is a re-arranging of the deckchairs.

Hutch will come in because he's had a few high possession WAFL games.
Vardy will be back because he dominated the ruck contests at WAFL level.
Waterman will come in because we can't be too tall and he kicked 3 in the WAFL.
The coach still has belief in the senior players and the senior players all say they have have belief in each other and the team.

FB: B. Sheppard, T. Barrass, J. Rotham
HB: B. Johnson, H. Edwards, S. Hurn
C: D. Sheed, E. Yeo, L. Duggan
HF: L. Shuey, O. Allen, B. Ah Chee
FF: L. Ryan, J. Darling, J. Petruccelle

R: N. Naitanui, T. Kelly, C. West

I: B. Williams, X. O'Neill, L. Edwards, Z. Langdon

OUT: A. Gaff, J. McGovern, J. Cripps, T. Cole, J. Nelson, J. Kennedy (rest)
IN: L. Edwards, H. Edwards, X. O'Neill, B. Johnson, C. West, B. Williams

Focus more on run from the backline, which is where Johnson shines. Let the kid off the leash and have some fun. Back in Edwards and O'Neill to develop for the rest of the year. Drop Cripps ahead of Petch and Ah Chee. Williams to come in and support Naitanui, especially with a tall forward like Kennedy resting. West to debut instead of Hutchings coming in, for the love of Rojo. Langdon holds his place while we wait for Willie/Winder etc. Shuey to play off a wing and flank for the rest of his days, will get more games out of him that way too I think. Sheed very lucky.

Gaff, McGovern and Cripps made to earn their spots back.

Drop one (or all) of Gov, Darling and Gaff. For a week. And don't pre-empt it either. Just silently put up the team sheet and watch everyone go "Oh....F%$K!!!" 😳😳

To this point, Simpson has always backed in our seniors players. But if he isn't willing to make a selection statement after that loss and after the efforts of the past few weeks, he himself has to be moved on.

OUT: Gov, Darling, Sheed, Cripps
IN: HEdwards, Waterman, West, LEdwards

It pains me to leave Langdon in as he's just not quite up to it, but I'd rather see Cripps be dropped for catharsis as much as anything.

If we're in the mood to send a message, I'd like a message to be sent to Sheed for his consistently terrible tackling and defensive efforts.

I thought Harry Edwards was stiff to go when McGovern came back into the side. Understandable on paper but Gov has been far from his usual standard since he has returned. Not sure who else you'd bring in or for whom but I'd rather see two changes than another 4-5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back