Preview Changes vs Adelaide round 18

Remove this Banner Ad

If any mids comes in it must be West. Like Ledwards but going into 22 we need to bank West games as many games as we need him playing a role thriugh the guts in the future.

Darren Glass saw the writing on the wall and ran as fast as he could.

Ideal scenario.

Out: McGovern, Langdon, Sheed, Darling, Nelson

In: H.Edwards, Jones, West, Williams, Brander,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two of your Ins are out injured for multiple weeks.

Seeing that Simmo likes to keep the band together maybe send Darling back and Gov fwd , Cripps to a back pocket and Duggo to the wing ..Ryan to the midfield and Sheed to a fwd pocket ..Plan B guys ..

then out the no names ; Langdon , Ahchee , Cole and Nelson ..

ins ;;Westy ,Trew ,Foley and ONeill

At a rough glance for now, two of the outs need to come from senior players - Gov, Darling, Sheed, Gaff, Kelly or Ryan. Statement selections. I'm not particularly fussed which two but at least one has to come from Gov or Darling to bring in Hed. Two outs there.

After that Ah Chee plus at least one of Cripps or Langdon. Two more outs there.

LEdwards, HEdwards, Foley, Waterman should all be coming back into the team. Four ins.

Redden if he is available should also come in - again not fussed which of those previously mentioned is the fifth out.

Wouldn't be opposed to another in coming from West, Trew or O'Neill.

FB: B. Sheppard, T. Barrass, S. Hurn
HB: L. Duggan, H. Edwards, J. Rotham
C: A. Gaff, E. Yeo, J Brander
HF: L. Shuey, J. McGovern, B. Ah Chee
FF: Z. Langdon, J. Kennedy J. Petruccelle

R: N. Naitanui, T. Kelly, E. Yeo,

I: L. Edwards, C. West, , J. Nelson, O. Allen

OUT: J. Cripps, T. Cole, J. Darling, L. Ryan
IN: L. Edwards, H. Edwards, X. O'Neill, C. West,

Something like this I guess.

Would love to drop more but Darling and Cripps out up forward. HEdwards to defence, Fatboi to CHF [how could he possibly offer less than Darling I'll never know.. if we've paying them both top $ Govs on more so make him earn it ]

Gaff to Masto's defensive wing role and Brander in the play his wing and take the game on. West in to see what he's got. Luke Edwards in for pure play the kids reasons, got to get some development into the future before the cliff comes. Nelson left in purely because I'm not a fan of bringing players back then dropping them instantly.

Adelaide will thump them. They are completely flat footed now. Farcical it is.
Nah Adelaide dont want to win. Jason Horne is the next Ablett jr and is a SA kid as well. They are still a chance of getting pick 1 and showed this past Friday night they're not afraid of playing a negative dour brand of footy that wont win them games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the last 7 weeks our only 2 wins were against Carlton (at our bogy ground SCG) and a fighting comeback against Richmond. Both were with a bunch of inexperienced players who rose to the challenge and then were promptly discarded as soon as the senior players were declared "fit".

Not saying it's correlation/causation thing but maybe we should bring a few of those youngsters back?

In the last 7 weeks our only 2 wins were against Carlton (at our bogy ground SCG) and a fighting comeback against Richmond. Both were with a bunch of inexperienced players who rose to the challenge and then were promptly discarded as soon as the senior players were declared "fit".

Not saying it's correlation/causation thing but maybe we should bring a few of those youngsters back?
100% as soon as the older guys came back we turned to s**t.

Time to give these kids a go and if we lose who cares at least they have a crack.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Out: Cripps (suspended/dropped), Darling (“managed”), Yeo (injured?), Ah Chee (did he actually play?)

In: Waterman, Williams, West, Ledwards

Backs: Barrass, McGovern, Rotham, Shep, Hurn, Duggan, Cole

Rucks/mids: Naitanui, Williams, Kelly, Shuey, Sheed, Gaff, West, Nelson (red wing)

Forwards: Kennedy, Allen, Waterman, Ryan, Langdon, Petruccelle, Ledwards (rotating forward)

Sub: Ah Chee

Emergencies: XON (traveling), Foley, Hedwards

Cripps (if he’s not suspended), Darling and Yeo (only if he’s injured) the senior players making way.

Darling being “managed” allows Williams (not Vardy) to come in and Allen to play permanent forward.

Cripps needs to come out but I can’t see an obvious replacement apart from Waterman. So he gets a recall.

Ledwards for Ah Chee. If we want someone to get a dozen touches at under 50 per cent efficiency then it may as well be a kid we’re getting games into.

West needs to come in. If Yeo’s injured then that’s an obvious opening, otherwise they could make a statement by dropping Sheed who despite his high possession numbers is turning into a major liability with ball in hand.

tank for draft picks. Cotton wool our senior players.

OUT: NicNat, Yeo, McGovern, Hurn, Shuey, Kelly. Kennedy
IN: Wiliams, Edwards, Edwards, Foley, Hutchings, West, Brander.

As much as some of the underperforming big money players may deserve being dropped you just know the MC won’t go the full “baby out with the bath water” approach to selection.

I reckon Darling is the one with his neck on the chopping block. Williams will come in to release Oscar to full time forward.

Sheed could come out too for either LEdwards or West. But doubt they’ll drop two big names at once.

Drop all the blokes that came back after the bye and make them earn their way into the side. We weren’t spectacular against Carlton or Richmond but at least the fight and team spirit was there. Everything’s gone to s**t since we decided to drop a whole bunch of blokes who were playing well for some others getting a free ride from performances we haven’t seen in the past 1-2 years.

OUT - Rotham, Petch, Nelson, Ah Cher
IN - West, Foley, L.Edwards, Hutchins

If we wont run then pile the midfielders in the team and put the primadonna midfielders on the flanks where they want to be.

You did so well until you mentioned hutchings. Really?

I have no issues with primadonnas being moved to flanks. I count sheed in that category. Worst handball in afl of anyone that has played 25 games.

Bring West in and give him a defensive, accountable role in the middle. He's got the skillset and mindset to do this well.

Almost everyone wants West (who wasn't even on the list 2 months ago) to play against Adelaide. Is this is a positive or a negative for the list management\recruiting team? Really confused.

It's more the game plan that needs throwing out the window - if that doesn't change, it won't matter who comes in. That said, bring in West, at least. Our current crop are soft as - need some oomph about the place.
It was good to see Yeo angry at Kelly. Need more of that.

Almost everyone wants West (who wasn't even on the list 2 months ago) to play against Adelaide. Is this is a positive or a negative for the list management\recruiting team? Really confused.
Having watched every WC WAFL game since West has come in, he has been our best and most consistent player. He also has attributes the current squad would benefit from: physical around the contest, chases and tackles with intent and also takes the game on.

He was the catalyst for the mini beagles
comeback against swan districts on the weekend, who only wrested back control and won once he was rested on the bench. He needs to play.

Seeing that Simmo likes to keep the band together maybe send Darling back and Gov fwd , Cripps to a back pocket and Duggo to the wing ..Ryan to the midfield and Sheed to a fwd pocket ..Plan B guys ..

then out the no names ; Langdon , Ahchee , Cole and Nelson ..

ins ;;Westy ,Trew ,Foley and ONeill
The under 8s strategy. Bit advanced for Simmo, don't ya think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back