Preview Changes vs Adelaide - Round 9, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

My point is that there will be fixture qurks like this all the time. We’re aren’t the only team that cop this. The AFL fixturing is one if not the most difficult one to do in the world.
Yeah well theres way too many teams in one city and in that one city the big teams have to play each other twice because theres too many teams in one city and they need the money

If Kennedy plays and injures his calf during the game the medical staff member who made the call he's right to go needs to be sacked immediately.

Also don't really like the swap of a small (Langdon) for a big (McGovern or Barrass). I would have made changes of out - Edwards, Langdon, Waterman, in - McGovern, Cameron, Barrass

Height aside, JK feels like a mistake. He was only jogging laps a few days ago. Plz. This is a pisstake. We don't risk it, do we?

I will be storming Good Guys for some bargain microwaves if we play the man and he doesn't make it through the game, and I don't even have a membership!

ROB 19 disposal 9 marks ( 4 contested) 7 tackles 12 hitouts

Natanui 7 disposals 0 marks 3 tackles 24 hitouts 1 goal .

Sure nic had more hitouts but O'Brien did exactly what he said he would do and run off him all day and had a massive day especially in reduced game length

Those stats flatter ROB. He had 10 disposals and 6 of those marks in the junk time of the 4th quarter across the half back. Nic pantsed him in the ruck and ROB had little influence around the ground until the game was dead.

Happy to see Gov & Barrass back.

Kennedy in seems to be a flirtation with risk I don’t particularly like at this point in the season, but it does look like we’ve given him a good chance to be fit. If this turns out to be his last year I’m sure he has been keen to put his hand up. I’m sure they’ve named him today with the intent to see how he pulled up from captains run in the morning. A late out now would actually surprise me now.

Langdon out surprises me slightly, didn’t think his game was all that bad last week. Seems the most likely sub candidate or late replacement for Kennedy.

I would have made changes of out - Edwards, Langdon, Waterman, in - McGovern, Cameron, Barrass

Which of Cameron’s three possessions was it that impressed you the most?

If Kennedy plays and injures his calf during the game the medical staff member who made the call he's right to go needs to be sacked immediately.

Also don't really like the swap of a small (Langdon) for a big (McGovern or Barrass). I would have made changes of out - Edwards, Langdon, Waterman, in - McGovern, Cameron, Barrass
Cameron needs to string together a few decent wafl games before he comes in. Needs to get his fitness and touch back

Strangely, the Crows with their injuries and form are expecting a smashing?
I'm happy to see some key players returning and not too fussed about selection,
an interesting mix we have now. Four points and no injuries will be a good day!

You can understand why Kennedy would want to play today, it's the absolute ideal scenario for a marking forward;
  • Cloudy weather, not much sun in the eyes
  • Otherwise dry conditions, in the air and on the ground
  • Barely any wind
  • Bottom 4 quality opponent
Having said all that, he shouldn't play. If does I'll predict he re-injures the calf either today or against GWS next week.

The only doubt seems to be members of this board though.
Vozzo (and I think JK also, but definitely Vozzo at the least) said a minor strain as well as a corkie showed up on the scan.

It can't fully heal inside a week. Sure, he may play and get through, but these tend to be the risks reserved for finals and big games. JK shouldn't be the difference between winning and losing round 9 against 14th.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vozzo (and I think JK also, but definitely Vozzo at the least) said a minor strain as well as a corkie showed up on the scan.

It can't fully heal inside a week. Sure, he may play and get through, but these tend to be the risks reserved for finals and big games. JK shouldn't be the difference between winning and losing round 9 against 14th.

Hopefully we are just ******* with adelaide selectors heads and have zero intentions of playing him

A grade 1 strain can heal quite quickly apparently and Simmo said a couple of weeks ago that calves can be quite variable. Some players can play with a calf strain.

I agree that he could do with another week out purely because he isn't ypung anymore but I wouldn't be surprised if he plays

Which of Cameron’s three possessions was it that impressed you the most?
Cameron needs to string together a few decent wafl games before he comes in. Needs to get his fitness and touch back
Some players perform better in top tier than 2nd tier. Also Williams played last week and played well after not doing much in WAFL.

Some players perform better in top tier than 2nd tier. Also Williams played last week and played well after not doing much in WAFL.

The difference being Williams basically had to play last week because Vardy was injured and Allen was needed down back, and he was literally the last ruckman standing. Whereas you’re now dropping Langdon, who played much better at AFL level than Cameron did at the lower level, because ... he might come good?

It’s not your worst call, but only because two weeks ago you wanted Gaff dropped for not sticking a tackle.

Williams did far more than Cameron.
There's no point bringing him into the side for him to just disappear. I'd give him until the bye and then look at bringing him in.
By the time the bye comes around all the injured players should be back so Cameron wont have a chance to get in the team even if doing well in WAFL. Just give him a chance, every other player has gotten a chance

View attachment 1128529
Male Karen here doesn’t think we’re tall enough. Edwards in for Nelson as a late change
The Nelson hate is bizarre. He is one of our most reliable defenders who can also run through the middle and do a shut down role .
His name would be perma inked in the 22 atm

Last edited:
The Nelson hate is bizarre. He is one of our most reliable defenders who can also run through the middle and do a shut down role .

I was one of the people that disliked Nelson at the start of the year. Saw him as a player that lacked footy smarts or tried to do too much in certain situations. Having watched more games though, it looks like he's starting to do the simple things right whilst being antagonistic to the opposition. If he keeps this up then I have no issue with him being in the 22.

I wonder if this game will be our 2021 ‘lost chance’ in terms of result and/or percentage.

Boys have to turn up today.
Yes, a good old 4 qtr belting would be perfect for a percentage boost...unless (shudder)
there is an unlikely Crowbush!? (crows ambush). With a full crowd, mild weather, Gov+Barrass, and possibly JK playing, we'd expect the former?

Yes, not everyone can be top guns, theres' always been the solid blue collar workers in the team who do their role and are needed as such..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back