Preview Changes vs Adelaide - Round 9, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Cursedsword02

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Ain't no rest for the wicked, folks. Let's get predicting!

IN: Barrass, McGovern, Hurn, Ryan, L. Edwards
OUT: H. Edwards, Waterman, Cole, Langdon, Cripps (sub)

Debut Luke Edwards as a reward for travelling and as a middle finger to Adelaide for skipping out on him.

In: Barrass, Hurn, Gov
Out: Edwards, Witherden, JK (inj)

Assuming they play it safe with JK, Gov comes in for him and Allen goes forward. Edwards stiff, but its a harsh business. Witherden wasn't at his best today and Hurn must return when ready.

Langdon keeping Ryan's spot warm until he's back. Cripps lucky that Langdon is about.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
In: Barrass, Hurn, Gov
Out: Edwards, Witherden, JK (inj)

Assuming they play it safe with JK, Gov comes in for him and Allen goes forward. Edwards stiff, but its a harsh business. Witherden wasn't at his best today and Hurn must return when ready.

Langdon keeping Ryan's spot warm until he's back. Cripps lucky that Langdon is about.
There was a point today in the 2nd or 3rd quarter where they showed a graphic of where the scores had come from. We were 3.0.18 from kick ins. Wouldn't be dropping Witherden.

There was a point today in the 2nd or 3rd quarter where they showed a graphic of where the scores had come from. We were 3.0.18 from kick ins. Wouldn't be dropping Witherden.

One was Nelson’s kick in and one Witherden kicked short to the pocket, then Shep(?) kicked it a mile to an open man on the wing.

One was truly his and was a bomb down the guts that led to Ah Chee’s second I believe. He’s an undeniable weapon when he’s on, I just don’t think he was that damaging today.

It’s he or Cole who’d have to go for Hurn, and I prefer Cole’s feisty small defensive work over Witherden’s defensive effort and hope that his kicking is on.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I reckon hurn will be another week. Jk probably misses a week to be safe. The GWS game is going to be a challenge and we need as many of our guns back as we can get.

xInfected_Virus

Team Captain
Apr 23, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Richmond and Collingwood.
Out: JK (injury), Langdon
In: Barrass, Exxon

If Barrass is ready then a no brainer he comes in and Allen goes forward. I would play it safe and give JK a rest, don't want to risk him turning his calf injury to several weeks if it isn't already a several weeker. I would give Gov another week off just to be safe. I think Ryan maybe two weeks away for me. Your kidding yourselves if you think Cripps is getting dropped for sub par fumbly performances and slow decision making. I would give Bunga another week off just to be safe with his calf. Surely Exxon gets rewarded for WAFL form and can provide more than what Langdon and Cripps can provide.

Get_The_Gaff

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Vosso said hurn was another 2-3weeks after his setback the day before the dockers game so no hurn

Barrass will be back and should take Allen's spot in defence and Allen swings forward .

Still have the 3 headed monster with allen , darling and BBBBBW .

All the rest should be unchanged

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
One was Nelson’s kick in and one Witherden kicked short to the pocket, then Shep(?) kicked it a mile to an open man on the wing.

One was truly his and was a bomb down the guts that led to Ah Chee’s second I believe. He’s an undeniable weapon when he’s on, I just don’t think he was that damaging today.

It’s he or Cole who’d have to go for Hurn, and I prefer Cole’s feisty small defensive work over Witherden’s defensive effort and hope that his kicking is on.
Chuck Cole forward, anything to get The Fumble King out of the team

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Vosso said hurn was another 2-3weeks after his setback the day before the dockers game so no hurn

Barrass will be back and should take Allen's spot in defence and Allen swings forward .

Still have the 3 headed monster with allen , darling and BBBBBW .

All the rest should be unchanged
Bailey Williams likes this.

Remember it is Adelaide who are struggling down back for talks

1. Barrass in for JK with Allen forward.
2. XON in for Foley with Langdon as sub

I like the idea of giving XON a full game as a mid against not so hardened Crows.

I would resist rushing anyone back for next week.

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Don't think Hurn will be ready.

Just the one change pending West Coast going full West Coast on the training track

IN: Barrass
OUT: Kennedy

Allen playing forward.

One week closer until *deep breath* Hurn, Yeo, Shuey, Ryan, Cameron, Willie and now JK are back, with Hutch and others providing some pressure in the WAFL.

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Are we assuming Vardy won’t come straight back in if he’s fit?...

I reckon just the one change - Edwards for Barrass if he’s ready to go.

Leave Allan down back, push Williams forward.

McGovern, Ryan, Hurn all with some kind of shot if all goes well - would like to have the Flyin’ one back out there.

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Out: JK
In: Gov

Allen to stay forward.

Keep it nice and simple. Its Adelaide at Optus - we should be pissing this one in. Give guys like Hurn and Barrass another crucial week on the pine and keep them fresh for GWS.

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Williams offers a lot more Vardy around the ground, but he could definitely spend more time in the ruck.
This.

Vardy is an absolute liability at this stage of his career - he can offer a subpar chop-out in the ruck, and then nothing of value anywhere else on the ground. He cant even follow up his own tap work.

Keep Vardy out.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Are we assuming Vardy won’t come straight back in if he’s fit?...

I reckon just the one change - Edwards for Barrass if he’s ready to go.

Leave Allan down back, push Williams forward.

McGovern, Ryan, Hurn all with some kind of shot if all goes well - would like to have the Flyin’ one back out there.
Vardy! It won’t be for Bailey Williams.

In: Barrass, Ledwards
Out: Kennedy (inj), Langdon

Backs: Barrass, Hedwards, Rotham, Shep, Cole, Nelson, Witho
Mids: Kelly, Sheed, Gaff. Redden, Brander, Ledwards
Rucks: NicNat, Williams
Forwards: Darling, Allen, Waterman, Cripps, Jones, Ah Chee, Petch
Sub: Langdon
Emergencies: O’Neill, Vardy, Foley

Give our injured players an extra week. Barrass the exception since it sounded like he was close to playing today. Him coming in releases Allen forward to replace Kennedy, Hedwards gets another run.

Ledwards for Langdon because it feels like we’re a mid short, and it’s a good opportunity to debut him AGAINST THE TEAM THAT DIDN'T WANT HIM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back