Preview Changes vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Neade isn't great, but you know what he does do? He hits his targets and kicks the goals he's supposed to. Arguably our best set shot inside 50. Not sure whether that's more a positive for Neade or a negative for everyone else.

Are any of them set shots though? I honestly can’t remember. My mind seems to remember him getting gimme shots on goal like handballs to him outside the square.

Neade must have played the best 5 handball game in the history of the AFL. I can't believe how many people are saying it's ok he is still in because AJ is injured and would have replaced him.

It's not like AJ was the last option available. Ken could have gone all in and picked Kane Farrell who is showing really good form as a small forward. Just for once could we be brave at selection again and maybe get what we deserve?

Happy with the other changes. At least they made sense.

Yep. Makes a total mockery of Ken's mantra of 'earning your spot on the team'.

I'm starting to think that we might need to keep an eye on Ken when Neade's around.
Might have a Ross Lyon Hush Money scenario on our hands if we're not careful.

lol. it was just a stupid tasteless comment inferring that Ken has the hots for Jakey.

00222a5f0d9d02b01551fa970de337e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
Yep. Makes a total mockery of Ken's mantra of 'earning your spot on the team'.

I'm starting to think that we might need to keep an eye on Ken when Neade's around.
Might have a Ross Lyon Hush Money scenario on our hands if we're not careful.
Those budding pressure acts tho'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Westhoff stays forward. 4 tall backs available we can't afford him to be wandering around on his own at half back. Play the Marshall role.
I'd prefer Johnson to Neade.
I don't expect it to gel when we play differently every week. We need to settle the side and go forward.

From round 1 we pretty much have Hombsch for Hartlett, R Gray for Barry and Neade for Marshall.

lol. it was just a stupid tasteless comment inferring that Ken has the hots for Jakey.

I thought the joke was that Jake has something on Ken and was being ‘paid’ in AFL games instead of hush money. That would’ve been funnier. Carn booberclifford.

Jake Neade still in after zero kicks. Sigh. Although with Marshall, AJ and Thomas unavailable not sure we had much choice apart from throwing Farrell to the wolves in a Showdown, so meh.

Clurey for Pittard makes sense this week for matchups I guess but one of Clurey or Hombsch has to go out next week. There aren’t a lot of sides who you can get away with 4 KPD’s against. The Crows are one of them. Gold Coast definitely aren’t, especially with Lynch and Wright on the injury list.

Good chance to send Howard forward and as ruck relief for Ryder.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Came here for the melts.

#DisappointedTex

---

The only unforced change is Clurey for Pittard – which is basically the opposite of the unforced change made last week. The other three are simply players returning from either injury or personal issues.

The unforced changes we have made this season, none has paid out: Amon/Barry; Pittard/Clurey. They all could have been avoided. We had forced changes enough so far.

Last edited:

Sewer de Lance

Premiership Player
Feb 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Jamaica Bob Sled FC
Happy with the changes, but I’m still not convinced about Rocky’s overall fitness, so Atley for mine. I’m expecting us to play our best footy of the year in the opening quarter, this game will be brutal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back