Prediction Changes vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

In the past though, he seemed to be used to defend against smaller players than himself, could match them on speed, and his height was an advantage, now it seems, we put him on the bigger key forwards, where, inevitably, he gets outsized every now and then.
Surely his value, if he is to play, is his ability to do a lockdown job and also his versatility in being able to take a range of opponents. I still think he's worth his spot but today's performance was not a good advertisement for him.

Out; Petrucelle
In; Hutchings

I'd like to keep Waterman in. He was good today. Good leads, good hands, handy goals. Petrol started very well but is a bit of a panic merchant. His kicking was also shank city

Waterman is a defensive liability in the forward line he doesnt chase at the moment
That Carlton defender that got forward of the play and kicked a few goals,
was because Waterman didnt chase so Cameron ran over to cover his player
Meaning Carlton had the lose man running forward

I like Petch but in a team that is centred around kicking skills, he really stands out...and not for a good reason. Cameron providing the better forward pressure at the minute too.

HF: Cripps ~ Darling ~ Rioli
FF: Ryan ~ Kennedy ~ Allen
I: Cameron

That's our best forward set up in my opinion.

People saying to drop petrol because he overruns the ball need to settle down.

Showed he can slot a difficult goal and one of the few guys that actually hit Josh on the lead today.

He's young and using his strongest attribute which can obviously go against him at times.

People saying to drop petrol because he overruns the ball need to settle down.

Showed he can slot a difficult goal and one of the few guys that actually hit Josh on the lead today.

He's young and using his strongest attribute which can obviously go against him at times.
I think he also runs past the contest sometimes and it's annoying.

He's exciting but he needs to take a page out of Cripps' book and be a factor for longer.

In: Hutchings, Cripps (if fit)
Out: Waterman, Petrol/Cameron

Hutch has a good track record of late on shutting down the oppositions rebounding defender; think he would be a good option for Houli in a couple of weeks. If this is the matchup our MC have in mind I'd like Hutch to at least have a game under his belt first. Waterman was fine but gee he is terrible at chasing and applying pressure, just looks really slow. He was fine today offensively but defensively he was a real liability. A fit Cripps is an obvious in, Petch or Cameron to make way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hutch in for waterman
Cripps in for cameron

Hutch to shut down rory lard who ran amok for the crows last game .

Cripps in for one of Waterman/Cameron/Petrucelle

Leaning towards Cameron, give him a week off as an emergency, he can play if someone else comes out.

If not, Waterman should come out. Keep the speed up especially against the Camrys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back